1 2 3 Previous Next 38 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2012 3:12 PM by ndipiazza Branched to a new discussion.

jboss 7 AS Integration with WebSphere MQ

testudobb

Anyone knows any updated document for setting upt JMS and Queue Factories on JBoss 7?  The last updated doc I can find is for JBOSS 5 (http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossEAP5IntegrationwithWebSphereMQ)

Thank you in advance!

• 1. Re: jboss 7 AS Integration with WebSphere MQ
          psomogyvari

I have exactly the same problem, could someone please provide a little guidance?

Thanks in advance!

Peter

• 2. Re: jboss 7 AS Integration with WebSphere MQ
            kavandesai

Hi,

You can create JMS Queue from CLI

https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Messaging+configuration

For the documentation related to JCA configuration you can browse through

http://docs.jboss.org/ironjacamar/userguide/1.0/en-US/html_single/#installas

Hope this helps.

• 3. Re: jboss 7 AS Integration with WebSphere MQ
              psomogyvari

I have successfully created the queues, thank you Kavan Desai!

There are some problems with the ironjacamar documentation though.
              I read the the part "5.2 Deploying resource adapters" and it writes about a directory called "deploy" in the ironjacamar folder where i have to put my wmq.jmsra.rar file. The problem is that this folder just does not exist in my jboss as 7.0.2. instance's directory anywhere, so this does not make sense for me.
              Other sources also mentioned, that i have to deploy my wmq.jmsra.rar file in the standard deployments folder (eg standalone/deployments in my case) and when i did this it got deployed successfully, but my MessageDrivenBean with an annotation like this @ResourceAdapter(value = "wmq.jmsra.rar") is still keeps failing to deploy so I supppose the "standalone\deployments" way is not the good way either.

So could you please give me some ideas, how to do it right? Maybe I just misunderstood something in the documentation, but at this moment it looks to me that it is not accurate about how I should go around deploying the .rar files.

Also maybe it helps some if i copy the error that occurs during the deployment of my MDB:

15:15:13,891 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-4) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."webapp.war".component.WMQMDBTest.CREATE: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."webapp.war".component.WMQMDBTest.CREATE: Failed to start service

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1780) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:1.0.1.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [:1.7.0_01]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [:1.7.0_01]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [:1.7.0_01]

Caused by: org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceNotFoundException: Service service "wmq.jmsra" not found

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceContainerImpl.getRequiredService(ServiceContainerImpl.java:447) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:1.0.1.GA]

at org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.messagedriven.MessageDrivenComponentCreateService.getRequiredService(MessageDrivenComponentCreateService.java:119)

at org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.messagedriven.MessageDrivenComponentCreateService.createComponent(MessageDrivenComponentCreateService.java:80)

at org.jboss.as.ee.component.BasicComponentCreateService.start(BasicComponentCreateService.java:78)

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1824) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:1.0.1.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1759) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:1.0.1.GA]

... 3 more

Thanks in advance!

Peter

• 4. Re: jboss 7 AS Integration with WebSphere MQ
                jesper.pedersen

Please, retest with 7.1.0.Beta1b - and yes, the .rar goes into standalone/deployments/.

The section referenced above is for the standalone IronJacamar distribution.

• 5. Re: jboss 7 AS Integration with WebSphere MQ
                  psomogyvari

Thank all of you, now I have a deployed wmq.jmsra.rar, and it appears among the resource adapters with my given configurations (host and port) so I suppose it is working now.

Now my next problem is with deploying an MDB which should be able to consume the messages of a given queue through the resource adapter which i deployed earlier. When I try to deploy the bean i get the following exception. Could you please provide some workaround for this? (I provide further configuration details below)

Thanks in advance!

Peter

11:19:06,894 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-3) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."webapp.war".component.WMQMDBTest.CREATE: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."webapp.wa

r".component.WMQMDBTest.CREATE: Failed to start service

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1780) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:1.0.1.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [:1.7.0_01]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [:1.7.0_01]

Caused by: org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceNotFoundException: Service service "wmq.jmsra" not found

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceContainerImpl.getRequiredService(ServiceContainerImpl.java:447) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:1.0.1.GA]

at org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.messagedriven.MessageDrivenComponentCreateService.getRequiredService(MessageDrivenComponentCreateService.java:119)

at org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.messagedriven.MessageDrivenComponentCreateService.createComponent(MessageDrivenComponentCreateService.java:80)

at org.jboss.as.ee.component.BasicComponentCreateService.start(BasicComponentCreateService.java:78)

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1824) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:1.0.1.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1759) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:1.0.1.GA]

... 3 more

I changed the standalone.xml like this:

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:resource-adapters:1.0">

<resource-adapters>

<resource-adapter>

<archive>

wmq.jmsra.rar

</archive>

<transaction-support>

NoTransaction

</transaction-support>

<config-property name="Server">

{ip address omitted for secuirity reasons}

</config-property>

<config-property name="Port">

{port number omitted for secuirity reasons}

</config-property>

<connection-definitions>

<connection-definition class-name="com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory" jndi-name="java:/com.ibm.mq.jms/MQConnectionFactory" enabled="true" use-java-context="true" pool-name="MQConnectionFactory" use-ccm="true">

<pool>

<min-pool-size>

</min-pool-size>

<max-pool-size>

</max-pool-size>

<prefill>

false

</prefill>

<use-strict-min>

false

</use-strict-min>

</pool>

<security>

<application>

true

</application>

</security>

</connection-definition>

</connection-definitions>

</resource-adapter>

</resource-adapters>

</subsystem>

And also

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:ejb3:1.1" lite="false">

<mdb>

<resource-adapter-ref resource-adapter-name="wmq.jmsra"/>

<bean-instance-pool-ref pool-name="slsb-strict-max-pool"/>

</mdb>

</subsystem>

And my MDB looks like

@MessageDriven(activationConfig = {@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destinationType", propertyValue="javax.jms.Queue"),@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination", propertyValue="queue/MyQueue"),@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="useJNDI", propertyValue="true"),@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="queueManager", propertyValue="MY_QM")})

@ResourceAdapter(value = "wmq.jmsra.rar")

@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.NOT_SUPPORTED)

public class WMQMDBTest implements MessageListener, MessageDrivenBean {

private MessageDrivenContext mdc;

/**

*/

private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;

private static final Logger LOGGER = Logger.getLogger(WMQMDBTest.class

.toString());

public void onMessage(Message message) {

LOGGER.log(Level.INFO, message.toString());

System.out.println(message.toString());

}

public void ejbCreate(){

System.out.println("WMQMDBTest.ejbCreate()");

}

public void ejbRemove() throws EJBException {

System.out.println("WMQMDBTest.ejbRemove()");

}

@Override

public void setMessageDrivenContext(MessageDrivenContext arg0)

throws EJBException {

this.mdc = arg0;

}

}

• 6. Re: jboss 7 AS Integration with WebSphere MQ
                    jaikiran

We fixed that recently in AS7 upstream (available in nightly builds). As a workaround, can you try deploying your war (containing the MDB) after the server has fully started? Let us know how it goes. Or you can even try this against our nightly build http://community.jboss.org/thread/167590 (which should work just fine)

• 7. Re: jboss 7 AS Integration with WebSphere MQ
                      psomogyvari

Okay here is what i did with the nightly build (jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1-SNAPSHOT), standalone instance:

-copied wmq.jmsra.rar to the deployments folder

-defined a resource adapter this way:

<resource-adapters>

<resource-adapter>

<archive>

wmq.jmsra.rar

</archive>

<connection-definitions>

<connection-definition class-name="com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory" jndi-name="java:/com.ibm.mq.jms/MQConnectionFactory" pool-name="java:/com.ibm.mq.jms/MQConnectionFactory"/>

</resource-adapter>

</resource-adapters>

</subsystem>

And the error what I get is like this:

14:44:58,266 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-4) ERROR: com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory - Class.forName(classname, true, classloader) couldn't load ConfigEnvironment class. Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.mq.jms.services.C

onfigEnvironment from [Module "org.jboss.as.connector:main" from local module loader @6c8343 (roots: c:\peter\pa\jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1-SNAPSHOT\modules)]

14:44:58,369 WARN  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RaXmlDeployer] (MSC service thread 1-4) IJ020009: Invalid connection definition with class-name: com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory

14:44:58,371 WARN  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RaXmlDeployer] (MSC service thread 1-4) IJ020009: Invalid connection definition with class-name: com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory

14:44:58,372 WARN  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RaXmlDeployer] (MSC service thread 1-4) IJ020009: Invalid connection definition with class-name: com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory

14:44:58,381 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-4) WMQ Resource Adapter warning: MQJCA4005:Distributed transactions are not available in client mode.

14:44:58,385 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-4) WMQ Resource Adapter warning: implementation version not set, version check skipped

14:44:58,385 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RaXmlDeployer] (MSC service thread 1-4) IJ020002: Deployed: file:/c:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1-SNAPSHOT/standalone/tmp/vfs/tempf9ecc63915bbf27a/wmq.jmsra.rar-740c5f4803bc4862/contents/

14:44:58,432 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBoss AS 7.1.0.CR1-SNAPSHOT "Tesla" started in 5082ms - Started 156 of 227 services (70 services are passive or on-demand)

14:44:58,517 INFO  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) Deployed "wmq.jmsra.rar"

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Peter

• 8. Re: jboss 7 AS Integration with WebSphere MQ
                        matvei

Any news? Did you configure your system with Websphere MQ successfully?

• 9. Re: jboss 7 AS Integration with WebSphere MQ
                          psomogyvari

Nothing, fed up with it totally, the project is now using 6.1 final AS and that works nicely with wmq.jmsra.rar.

But one of my colleague's still trying to make it work for some other stuff, so if you have some useful information I'm still interested at all!

• 10. Re: jboss 7 AS Integration with WebSphere MQ
                            jaikiran

I do know of atleast one user who was able to setup WebSphere MQ successfully against AS 7.1. If you are still running into an issue could please add an updated version of the stacktrace, the configurations and other details about your application?

• 11. Re: jboss 7 AS Integration with WebSphere MQ
                              psomogyvari

Thanks for your reply jaikirian pai!

Those are good news, I'll reproduce the whole thing in a clean enviromnt providing detailed stesps, so we can finally put an end to this misery of mine and also if it works we ll have a little and basic how to.

Please be aware that we can discuss this on IRC too if that fits better your habbits, my only priority is to get this worked as soon as possible because my collegaue still has this issue.

Thanks for your help!

1) started newly downloaded 7.1 CR1b version

2) deploying wmq.jmsra.rar to the deployments folder, it deploys and gives warnings about classpath which can be ignored according to earlier replies on this forum.

2.1) deploying com.ibm.mqetclient.jar to the deployments folder successful without warnings or errors

3) added arbitrary user to management realm, logged in

4) Profile -> Connector -> Resource Adapters -> Add (Archive: "wmq.jmsra.rar")  ---- successfully added

4.1) Profile -> Container -> EJB3 -> Default Resource Adapter wmq.jmsra

5) standard ejb project created in eclipse indigo, added to buildpath these two: javaee-api-6.0.jar ,jboss-ejb3-ext-api-2.0.0-beta-2.jar (this second one I got from the fresh CR1b of course)

6) created class WMQMDBTest like this: (imports and package omitted for readability, queueManager name omitted for security reasons)

@MessageDriven(activationConfig =

{

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="hostName", propertyValue="OMITTIED"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="port", propertyValue="OMITTED"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="useJNDI", propertyValue="true"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="queueManager", propertyValue="OMITTED")

},   

mappedName = "TEST.PETER2",

messageListenerInterface = MessageListener.class)

@ResourceAdapter(value = "wmq.jmsra.rar")

@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.NOT_SUPPORTED)

public class WMQMDBTest implements MessageListener, MessageDrivenBean {

private static final long serialVersionUID = -2027438808610810628L;

private MessageDrivenContext mdc;

public WMQMDBTest() {

System.out.println("WMQMDBTest.WMQMDBTest()");

}

public void ejbRemove() {

System.out.println("WMQMDBTest.ejbRemove()");

}   

public void ejbCreate(){

System.out.println("WMQMDBTest.ejbCreate()");

}

public void setMessageDrivenContext(MessageDrivenContext mdc) {

System.out.println("WMQMDBTest.setMessageDrivenContext()");

this.mdc = mdc;

}

public void onMessage(Message message) {

System.out.println("WMQMDBTest.onMessage()");

try {

System.out.println("message.getJMSType()" + message.getJMSType());

} catch (JMSException e) {

e.printStackTrace();

}

}

}

7) exported it as ejb jar, copied to standalone deployments and the output in the command prompt is exactly this on a server start:

11:54:09,030 INFO  [org.jboss.as.remoting] (MSC service thread 1-2) Listening on /127.0.0.1:4447

11:54:09,093 INFO  [org.jboss.as.remoting] (MSC service thread 1-4) Listening on /127.0.0.1:9999

11:54:09,233 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS010400: Bound data source [java:jboss/dat

asources/ExampleDS]

11:54:09,264 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) Starting deployment of "wmq.jmsra.rar"

11:54:09,264 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) Starting deployment of "testharness.mdb.jar"

11:54:09,264 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-3) Starting deployment of "com.ibm.mqetclient.jar"

11:54:09,810 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) Class Path entry connector.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b

/bin/content/wmq.jmsra.rar/com.ibm.mq.jar"  does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

11:54:09,810 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) Class Path entry jta.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/bin/c

ontent/wmq.jmsra.rar/com.ibm.mq.jar"  does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

11:54:09,810 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) Class Path entry jms.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/bin/c

ontent/wmq.jmsra.rar/com.ibm.mqjms.jar"  does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

11:54:09,810 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) Class Path entry rmm.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/bin/c

ontent/wmq.jmsra.rar/com.ibm.mqjms.jar"  does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

11:54:09,810 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) Class Path entry jndi.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/bin/

content/wmq.jmsra.rar/com.ibm.mqjms.jar"  does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

11:54:09,810 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) Class Path entry ldap.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/bin/

content/wmq.jmsra.rar/com.ibm.mqjms.jar"  does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

11:54:09,826 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) Class Path entry fscontext.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b

/bin/content/wmq.jmsra.rar/com.ibm.mqjms.jar"  does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

11:54:09,826 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) Class Path entry providerutil.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.C

R1b/bin/content/wmq.jmsra.rar/com.ibm.mqjms.jar"  does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

11:54:09,826 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) Class Path entry CL3Export.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b

/bin/content/wmq.jmsra.rar/com.ibm.mqjms.jar"  does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

11:54:09,842 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) Class Path entry CL3Nonexport.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.C

R1b/bin/content/wmq.jmsra.rar/com.ibm.mqjms.jar"  does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

11:54:09,966 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RADeployer] (MSC service thread 1-4) IJ020001: Required license terms for file:/C:/p

eter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/standalone/tmp/vfs/tempc5ffdd523ed0e0b2/wmq.jmsra.rar-a7ed48b884190e1/contents/

11:54:10,013 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RaXmlDeployer] (MSC service thread 1-4) IJ020001: Required license terms for file:/C

:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/standalone/tmp/vfs/tempc5ffdd523ed0e0b2/wmq.jmsra.rar-a7ed48b884190e1/contents/

11:54:10,029 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-4) WMQ Resource Adapter warning: MQJCA4005:Distributed transactions are not available i

n client mode.

11:54:10,044 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-4) ERROR: com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory - Class.forName(classname, true, classload

er) couldn't load ConfigEnvironment class. Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.mq.jms.services.ConfigEnvironment from [M

odule "org.jboss.as.connector:main" from local module loader @1995106 (roots: C:\peter\pa\jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b\modules)]

11:54:10,122 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-4) WMQ Resource Adapter warning: implementation version not set, version check skipped

11:54:10,122 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RaXmlDeployer] (MSC service thread 1-4) IJ020002: Deployed: file:/C:/peter/pa/jboss-

as-7.1.0.CR1b/standalone/tmp/vfs/tempc5ffdd523ed0e0b2/wmq.jmsra.rar-a7ed48b884190e1/contents/

11:54:10,294 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-3) ERROR: couldn't load ConfigEnvironment class. Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundExce

ption: com.ibm.mq.jms.services.ConfigEnvironment from [Module "org.jboss.as.ee:main" from local module loader @1995106 (roots: C:\peter\p

a\jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b\modules)]

11:54:10,528 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-3) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."testhar

ness.mdb.jar".component.WMQMDBTest.START: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."testharness.mdb.jar".com

ponent.WMQMDBTest.START: Failed to start service

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.resource.ResourceException: MQJCA0003:A JNDI naming exception was thrown. See the linked exc

eption for details.

at org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.messagedriven.MessageDrivenComponent.start(MessageDrivenComponent.java:152)

at org.jboss.as.ee.component.ComponentStartService.start(ComponentStartService.java:44)

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1824) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:1.

0.1.GA]

... 3 more

Caused by: javax.resource.ResourceException: MQJCA0003:A JNDI naming exception was thrown. See the linked exception for details.

at com.ibm.mq.connector.services.JCAExceptionBuilder.buildException(JCAExceptionBuilder.java:103)

at com.ibm.mq.connector.DestinationBuilder.createDestination(DestinationBuilder.java:106)

at com.ibm.mq.connector.inbound.MessageEndpointDeployment.start(MessageEndpointDeployment.java:219)

at com.ibm.mq.connector.inbound.MessageEndpointDeployment.<init>(MessageEndpointDeployment.java:191)

at com.ibm.mq.connector.ResourceAdapterImpl.endpointActivation(ResourceAdapterImpl.java:380)

at org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.messagedriven.MessageDrivenComponent.start(MessageDrivenComponent.java:150)

... 6 more

Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: SYSTEM.DEFAULT.LOCAL.QUEUE -- service jboss.naming.context.java."SYSTEM.DEFAULT.LOCAL.QUEU

E"

at org.jboss.as.naming.ServiceBasedNamingStore.lookup(ServiceBasedNamingStore.java:92)

at org.jboss.as.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:177)

at org.jboss.as.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:87)

at org.jboss.as.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:213)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:411) [:1.7.0_01]

at com.ibm.mq.connector.DestinationBuilder.createDestination(DestinationBuilder.java:94)

... 10 more

11:54:10,544 ERROR [org.jboss.as] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBoss AS 7.1.0.CR1b "Flux Capacitor" started (with errors) in 5804ms - Started

199 of 276 services (1 services failed or missing dependencies, 74 services are passive or on-demand)

11:54:10,544 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS015857: Undeploy of deployment "wmq.jmsra.rar" was rolled ba

ck with no failure message

11:54:10,575 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS015856: Undeploy of deployment "testharness.mdb.jar" was rol

led back with failure message {"JBAS014671: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"testharness.mdb.jar\".component.WMQMDBTest.STAR

T" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.\"testharness.mdb.jar\".component.WMQMDBTest.START: Failed t

o start service"}}

11:54:10,575 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS015857: Undeploy of deployment "com.ibm.mqetclient.jar" was

rolled back with no failure message

11:54:10,575 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) Stopped deployment wmq.jmsra.rar in 34ms

11:54:10,809 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-3) Stopped deployment testharness.mdb.jar in 237ms

11:54:10,824 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) Stopped deployment com.ibm.mqetclient.jar in 235ms

11:54:10,824 INFO  [org.jboss.as.controller] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS014774: Service status report

JBAS014777:   Services which failed to start:      service jboss.deployment.unit."testharness.mdb.jar".component.WMQMDBTest.START: org.jb

oss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."testharness.mdb.jar".component.WMQMDBTest.START: Failed to start service

11:54:10,824 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS014654: Composite operation was rolled back

11:54:10,840 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) {"JBAS014653: Composite operation failed and

was rolled back. Steps that failed:" => {"Operation step-2" => {"JBAS014671: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"testharness.md

b.jar\".component.WMQMDBTest.START" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.\"testharness.mdb.jar\".com

ponent.WMQMDBTest.START: Failed to start service"}}}}

11:54:10,840 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS014654: Composite operation was rolled ba

ck

• 12. Re: jboss 7 AS Integration with WebSphere MQ
                                stighenriksen

I am struggling with AS7/websphere mq-integration myself, but I think you get the error since you haven't defined a queue (NameNotFoundException: SYSTEM.DEFAULT.LOCAL.QUEUE). Try defining the queue/destination with an additional activationconfigproperty: @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destination", propertyValue = "QUEUE_NAME_HERE")

• 13. Re: jboss 7 AS Integration with WebSphere MQ
                                  psomogyvari

Oh, sorry, I thought "mappedName" is fair enough in this case. I added the mentioned annotation and now my server's output is like this:

13:02:26,873 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-3) Starting deployment of "com.ibm.mqetclient.jar"

13:02:26,873 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-4) Starting deployment of "wmq.jmsra.rar"

13:02:26,873 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) Starting deployment of "testharness.mdb.jar"

13:02:27,591 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) Class Path entry connector.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b

/bin/content/wmq.jmsra.rar/com.ibm.mq.jar"  does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

13:02:27,591 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) Class Path entry jta.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/bin/c

ontent/wmq.jmsra.rar/com.ibm.mq.jar"  does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

13:02:27,591 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) Class Path entry jms.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/bin/c

13:02:27,591 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) Class Path entry rmm.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/bin/c

13:02:27,591 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) Class Path entry jndi.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/bin/

13:02:27,591 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) Class Path entry ldap.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/bin/

13:02:27,591 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) Class Path entry fscontext.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b

13:02:27,607 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) Class Path entry providerutil.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.C

13:02:27,607 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) Class Path entry CL3Export.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b

13:02:27,607 WARN  [org.jboss.as.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) Class Path entry CL3Nonexport.jar in "/C:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.C

13:02:27,731 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RADeployer] (MSC service thread 1-4) IJ020001: Required license terms for file:/C:/p

eter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/standalone/tmp/vfs/temp3bfee54f31cd705d/wmq.jmsra.rar-8a7fe8ce5d2e7855/contents/

13:02:27,778 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RaXmlDeployer] (MSC service thread 1-4) IJ020001: Required license terms for file:/C

:/peter/pa/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/standalone/tmp/vfs/temp3bfee54f31cd705d/wmq.jmsra.rar-8a7fe8ce5d2e7855/contents/

13:02:27,794 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-4) WMQ Resource Adapter warning: MQJCA4005:Distributed transactions are not available i

n client mode.

13:02:27,825 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-4) ERROR: com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory - Class.forName(classname, true, classload

er) couldn't load ConfigEnvironment class. Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.mq.jms.services.ConfigEnvironment from [M

odule "org.jboss.as.connector:main" from local module loader @70c52d (roots: C:\peter\pa\jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b\modules)]

13:02:27,887 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-4) WMQ Resource Adapter warning: implementation version not set, version check skipped

13:02:27,903 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RaXmlDeployer] (MSC service thread 1-4) IJ020002: Deployed: file:/C:/peter/pa/jboss-

as-7.1.0.CR1b/standalone/tmp/vfs/temp3bfee54f31cd705d/wmq.jmsra.rar-8a7fe8ce5d2e7855/contents/

13:02:28,075 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-2) ERROR: couldn't load ConfigEnvironment class. Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundExce

ption: com.ibm.mq.jms.services.ConfigEnvironment from [Module "org.jboss.as.ee:main" from local module loader @70c52d (roots: C:\peter\pa

\jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b\modules)]

13:02:28,324 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-2) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."testhar

ness.mdb.jar".component.WMQMDBTest.START: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."testharness.mdb.jar".com

ponent.WMQMDBTest.START: Failed to start service

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.resource.ResourceException: MQJCA0003:A JNDI naming exception was thrown. See the linked exc

eption for details.

at org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.messagedriven.MessageDrivenComponent.start(MessageDrivenComponent.java:152)

at org.jboss.as.ee.component.ComponentStartService.start(ComponentStartService.java:44)

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1824) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:1.

0.1.GA]

... 3 more

Caused by: javax.resource.ResourceException: MQJCA0003:A JNDI naming exception was thrown. See the linked exception for details.

at com.ibm.mq.connector.services.JCAExceptionBuilder.buildException(JCAExceptionBuilder.java:103)

at com.ibm.mq.connector.DestinationBuilder.createDestination(DestinationBuilder.java:106)

at com.ibm.mq.connector.inbound.MessageEndpointDeployment.start(MessageEndpointDeployment.java:219)

at com.ibm.mq.connector.inbound.MessageEndpointDeployment.<init>(MessageEndpointDeployment.java:191)

at com.ibm.mq.connector.ResourceAdapterImpl.endpointActivation(ResourceAdapterImpl.java:380)

at org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.messagedriven.MessageDrivenComponent.start(MessageDrivenComponent.java:150)

... 6 more

Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: TEST.PETER2 -- service jboss.naming.context.java."TEST.PETER2"

at org.jboss.as.naming.ServiceBasedNamingStore.lookup(ServiceBasedNamingStore.java:92)

at org.jboss.as.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:177)

at org.jboss.as.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:87)

at org.jboss.as.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:213)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:411) [:1.7.0_01]

at com.ibm.mq.connector.DestinationBuilder.createDestination(DestinationBuilder.java:94)

... 10 more

13:02:28,340 ERROR [org.jboss.as] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBoss AS 7.1.0.CR1b "Flux Capacitor" started (with errors) in 5523ms - Started

199 of 276 services (1 services failed or missing dependencies, 74 services are passive or on-demand)

13:02:28,355 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS015857: Undeploy of deployment "wmq.jmsra.rar" was rolled ba

ck with no failure message

13:02:28,371 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS015856: Undeploy of deployment "testharness.mdb.jar" was rol

led back with failure message {"JBAS014671: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"testharness.mdb.jar\".component.WMQMDBTest.STAR

T" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.\"testharness.mdb.jar\".component.WMQMDBTest.START: Failed t

o start service"}}

13:02:28,387 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS015857: Undeploy of deployment "com.ibm.mqetclient.jar" was

rolled back with no failure message

13:02:28,387 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-4) Stopped deployment testharness.mdb.jar in 13ms

13:02:28,387 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-3) Stopped deployment com.ibm.mqetclient.jar in 6ms

13:02:28,387 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) Stopped deployment wmq.jmsra.rar in 38ms

13:02:28,402 INFO  [org.jboss.as.controller] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS014774: Service status report

JBAS014777:   Services which failed to start:      service jboss.deployment.unit."testharness.mdb.jar".component.WMQMDBTest.START: org.jb

oss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."testharness.mdb.jar".component.WMQMDBTest.START: Failed to start service

13:02:28,605 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS014654: Composite operation was rolled back

13:02:28,621 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) {"JBAS014653: Composite operation failed and

was rolled back. Steps that failed:" => {"Operation step-2" => {"JBAS014671: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"testharness.md

b.jar\".component.WMQMDBTest.START" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.\"testharness.mdb.jar\".com

ponent.WMQMDBTest.START: Failed to start service"}}}}

13:02:28,621 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS014654: Composite operation was rolled back

• 14. Re: jboss 7 AS Integration with WebSphere MQ
                                    stighenriksen

(Disclaimer: I have very little experience with jboss, just trying out stuff myself at the moment to try to get websphere mq integration to work): Maybe you get the error because "TEST.PETER2" (which I guess is your queue name) is not defined in jboss' JNDI context... Try changing standalone.xml to something like this: (renamed and moved the server and port properties according to what I think is the AS7 spec and added an admin-object for the TEST.PETER2 queue):

<resource-adapters>

<resource-adapter>

<archive>

wmq.jmsra.rar

</archive>

<transaction-support>

NoTransaction

</transaction-support>

<connection-definitions>

<connection-definition class-name="com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory" jndi-name="java:/com.ibm.mq.jms/MQConnectionFactory" enabled="true" use-java-context="true" pool-name="MQConnectionFactory" use-ccm="true">

<config-property name="hostName">

{ip address omitted for secuirity reasons}

</config-property>

<config-property name="port">

{port number omitted for secuirity reasons}

</config-property>

<pool>

<min-pool-size>

</min-pool-size>

<max-pool-size>

</max-pool-size>

<prefill>

false

</prefill>

<use-strict-min>

false

</use-strict-min>

</pool>

<security>

<application>

true

</application>

</security>

</connection-definition>

<admin-objects>

<admin-object class-name="com.ibm.mq.connector.outbound.MQQueueProxy" jndi-name="java:jboss/TEST.PETER2" pool-name="SOME_UNIQUE_POOLNAME_HERE">

<config-property name="baseQueueName">TEST.PETER2</config-property>

</admin-object>

<admin-objects>    

</resource-adapter>

</resource-adapters>

</subsystem>

1 2 3 Previous Next