2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2012 9:54 PM by Yuanjia Chi RSS

problem occurs in jboss when two wars are deployed

Yuanjia Chi Newbie

I have two wars deployed in jboss, A.war and B.war ,there is a threadpool in A.war,it can gernerates 45 threads when A.war has been deployed,and then it will be stated.and right now ,B.war cannot be accessed through IE browser, I think B.war has been blocked by A.war( multithreaded code),because multithreaded programs appropriating all resource in jboss,when A.war running,B.war will be blocked.

how can let both A.war and B.war can started and be accessed correctly.

can anyone help me to resolve this problem?

Thanks.

Yuanjia Chi

• 1. Re: problem occurs in jboss when two wars are deployed
    Robert Pattinson Newbie

Hey Yuanjia Chi,

Sorry its taken so long to get back to you - the problem you are seeing is because the war that you are deploying contains ALL the jars needed to build and run the platform. All of these jars are not necessary in JBoss, because JBoss has its own version of some of them that it prefers to use. Unfortunately, some of them actually cause JBoss to not deploy your war, but because the war is packaged as generically as possible we don't just exclude these jars.

So the solution is for you to open up the war, delete the necessary jars, repackage the war file and redeploy it. The list of jars that COULD cause trouble are:

activation.jar

concurrent.jar

dom4j-1.5.2.jar

hsqldb.jar

jaxen.jar

mail.jar

saaj.jar

jaxrpc.jar

xercesImpl.jar

xml-apis.jar

cglib-2.1.jar

commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar

commons-logging.jar

log4j-1.2.8.jar

jsp-api.jar

servlet-api.jar

asm.jar

asm-attrs.jar

ehcache-1.1.jar

hibernate3.jar

jta.jar

foEmitter.jar

htmlEmitter.jar

portlet-api-1.0.jar

The jars that are most likely the root of your problem are servlet-api.jar and jsp-api.jar. I would recommend removing atleast those two, redeploying and seeing if you experience any other troubles. Let me know how it goes for you!

Thanks

Robert Pattinson

Hope you wont mind

Watch Full Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol Movie Online

• 2. Re: problem occurs in jboss when two wars are deployed
    Yuanjia Chi Newbie

Thank you for your suggestion,I have cracked it already.

The reason could be like that:  my war include a servlet,many threads will start when servlet init,and the servlet init as the jboss start.

the most important point is that : as threads(many threads will start when servlet init)  start,they blocking many jboss inner threads。

It leads jboss http service can't be accessed normally。

So I change the servlet init configuration,many threads won't start when servlet init,It work,jboss  http service can be accessed normally。

In a word,threads blocking the jboss inner threads,we must ensure jboss start completly.