5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2012 2:38 PM by aloubyansky

Adding a XA Datasource with the 7.1.0 beta

mylos78

Hi all,

I'd like to know how to add an XA Datasource using the CLI. I can see that with the 7.1.0 Beta the --xa-datasource-properties is not available anymore, so the following example does not work any more on JBoss 7:

xa-data-source add --jndi-name=java:/jboss/MyDS --pool-name=pool1 --xa-datasource-properties="URL"=>"jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/DB","User"=>"root","Password"=>"admin"} --driver-name=mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar

thanks

Mylos

• 1. Re: Adding a XA Datasource with the 7.1.0 beta
          r.reimann

The xa-datasource-properties param was removed in 7.1.0.Beta1. You have to add them as subrsources now:

/subsystem=datasources/xa-data-source=TestDS/xa-datasource-properties=ServerName:add(value=localhost)

See also: http://community.jboss.org/message/639153#639153.

• 2. Re: Adding a XA Datasource with the 7.1.0 beta
            mylos78

Hello,

thank you very much for your reply. I've tried with setting the properties, however it seems that the resource needs to be created before. However if I try with:

[standalone@localhost:9999 /] /subsystem=datasources/xa-data-source=TestDS:add

{

"outcome" => "failed",

"failure-description" => "JBAS014746: driver-name may not be null",

"rolled-back" => true

}

So how can I add an XA datasource providing the information about the driver name at the same time ?

Thanks

Mylos

• 3. Re: Adding a XA Datasource with the 7.1.0 beta
              r.reimann

Hello Mylos,

use the Tab Completion inside the CLI /subsystem=datasources/xa-data-source="TestDS":add(   ->TAB

or the read-operation-description command /subsystem=datasources/xa-data-source=TestDS:read-operation-description(name=add)

to get a list of valid parameters for the add operation.

Below is an example with the required steps to create a xa datasource.

[standalone@localhost:9999 /] /subsystem=datasources/xa-data-source="TestDS":add(jndi-name="java:/TestDS", driver-name="h2", pool-name="testPool")
              {"outcome" => "success"}
              [standalone@localhost:9999 /] /subsystem=datasources/xa-data-source=TestDS/xa-datasource-properties=ServerName:add(value=localhost)               
              {"outcome" => "success"}
              [standalone@localhost:9999 /] /subsystem=datasources/xa-data-source=TestDS/xa-datasource-properties=PortNumber:add(value=50011)                   
              {"outcome" => "success"}
              [standalone@localhost:9999 /] /subsystem=datasources/xa-data-source=TestDS:enable                                                                 
              {"outcome" => "success"}

Regards

Robert

• 4. Re: Adding a XA Datasource with the 7.1.0 beta
                mylos78

Thank you very much !!!

regards

Mylos

• 5. Re: Adding a XA Datasource with the 7.1.0 beta
                  aloubyansky

In AS7 7.1.2 xa-data-source will get --xa-datasource-properties argument, so the following will work

xa-data-source add --name=myxa --jndi-name=java:/myxa --driver-name=h2 --xa-datasource-properties=ServerName=localhost,PortNumber=50111