4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2012 11:27 AM by frostyz

birt integration: b:param in popup/ajax not working

bcn

I use JBoss Tools Birt Integeration in a RichFaces application.

It works fine in a normal page, but when I include the same code in a popup, I get the error:

10:33:54,187 SEVERE [org.jboss.tools.birt] (ajp-127.0.0.1-127.0.0.1-8009-1) the value of parameter estabId is invalid: org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.CoreException: Can not convert the value of  to Integer type.

at org.eclipse.birt.core.data.DataTypeUtil.toInteger(DataTypeUtil.java:276) [org.eclipse.birt.runtime_3.7.1.v20110913-1734.jar:]

at org.jboss.tools.birt.servlet.JBossBirtServlet.stringToObject(JBossBirtServlet.java:183) [jboss-birt-servlet.jar:]

at org.jboss.tools.birt.servlet.JBossBirtServlet.evaluateParameterValues(JBossBirtServlet.java:142) [jboss-birt-servlet.jar:]

at org.jboss.tools.birt.servlet.JBossBirtServlet.doGet(JBossBirtServlet.java:108) [jboss-birt-servlet.jar:]

at org.jboss.tools.birt.servlet.JBossBirtServlet.doPost(JBossBirtServlet.java:123) [jboss-birt-servlet.jar:]

The jsf is:

<rich:popupPanel autosized="true" modal="false" domElementAttachment="form">

<b:birt embeddable="true" designName="rep.rptdesign" designType="embed">

<b:param name="estabId" value="#{bean.estabId}" />

</b:birt>

</rich:popupPanel>

I verified with the debugger that the bean get method is never called. It seems that on an ajax-request the b:param is not (re-)evaluated. The popup is opened via a a4j:commandLink with a render attribute pointing to the id of the popup.

Thanks