7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2013 12:25 AM by kkkppp

AOP in jboss AS 7

naginkothari

Is AOP module included in latest release of JBoss As i.e Jboss aS7? I do not see any aop related jars of config files in Jboss AS7

• 1. Re: AOP in jboss AS 7
          kabirkhan

JBoss AOP is not part of AS 7. The main reason for having it in previous AS releases was for our EJB container, however in AS 7 a different mechanism is used. The AOP project has not been under active development for > 2 years, and getting it to work with the modular classloading setup in AS 7 will not be an easy task. So, there are no plans to include it in AS 7.

• 2. Re: AOP in jboss AS 7
            naginkothari

We have developed some AOP interceptor around jboss 4.2 & jboss 6  in our  application on the client as well as  server interceptor stack. Now if we want to move jboss 7 then then How do I migrate those interceptor to new AS 7?

• 3. Re: AOP in jboss AS 7
              jaikiran

The server side interceptor can be changed to a EJB3 spec interceptor instead of AOP. As for the client side interceptor, there won't be AOP style interceptor stack for AS7 so that's going to change.

• 4. Re: AOP in jboss AS 7
                klkoster

Just read this thread and am curious as to what mechanism will be used (if any) to replace the AOP interceptor stack on the client. I have a problem similar to Nagin's, where a token needs to get passed from the client to the server on every call.

• 5. Re: AOP in jboss AS 7

I have also ecountered the same problem while migrating to jboss 7 ... i was wandering if you found any solution to this problem ... client side interceptors

• 6. Re: AOP in jboss AS 7
                    bicolor

With JBoss 7, if I have a simple POJO (not an EJB3) and I want to apply an interceptor how I will do it with the new modular classloading of AS 7?

Thanks in advance.

• 7. Re: AOP in jboss AS 7
                      kkkppp

It seems that old aop libraries still work, the problem is that aopc'd classes are not properly deployed. To work around this you may try -Djboss.aop.path=<your aop config> to deploy them manually