3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2011 10:27 AM by shadangi

Deployment order in JBoss AS7

bmsantos

Hi all!

Does anyone know how I can ensure the deployment order of the wars inside a ear? In JBoss 6 there was a deployment sorter but for JBoss 7 I haven't been able to find anything related to this issue.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Deployment order in JBoss AS7
          swd847

Set:

<initialize-in-order>true</initialize-in-order>

In your application.xml and then list the modules in the order you would like them intialized.

• 2. Re: Deployment order in JBoss AS7
            bmsantos

But in application.xml you have to use application schema 6 http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_6.xsd.

I was using 5...

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Deployment order in JBoss AS7
              shadangi

My application has a bunch of MDBs and RAs (resource adapter) and a WAR, all packaged together.  I want these modules to be loaded in a specific order.  My application is currently using application schema 5. 

I tried using "initialize-in-order", and also tried changing my application schema to 6, but I am not able to define the order in which I want these sub-deployment modules to be loaded.  For insteance, few of my MDBs have strict dependency on RAs, so I want some of these RAs to be loaded before MDBs starts deploying.

I also tried debugging the JBoss AS7 code, but I don't see org.jboss.ejb3.annotation.Depends annotation on MDBs being entertained anywhere in the code.  Am I missing something?

How can I explicitly mention the deployment order?

Thanks.

EDIT: I am using 7.1 Alpha2 nightly build.