4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2012 9:12 AM by amberjboss1999

Cannot inject field annotated with @Resource annotation in JBOSS 6

amberjboss1999

I am building a ear project using maven and embed a webservice war in it ;

the testDataSource is the jndi name defined like this under JBOSS AS 6 deploy directory:

<jndi-name>testDataSource</jndi-name>

The web service endpoint is defined as:

@Stateless()

@TransactionManagement(TransactionManagementType.BEAN)

@WebContext(contextRoot="/testMe")

@WebService(name="TestDataSourceService",

serviceName = "TestDataSourceServiceBeanService",

portName = "TestDataSourceServicePort",

targetNamespace = "http://testMe/")

@SOAPBinding()

public class TestSEIBean extends TestBaseServiceImpl  {

@Resource(mappedName="testDataSource")

protected DataSource dataSource;

}

the war(webservice) also has a dependency (so under WEB-INF/lib/testDataSource.jar with the same Resource annotation:

that is class TestBaseServiceImpl  {

@Resource(mappedName="testDataSource")

...}

My question is whether I can have the same @Resource annotation in my sei (service endpoint interface - web service) TestSEIBean  class, as well as in my TestBaseServiceImpl;

When I deployed, I don't get exception and the jndi is bound. But when I use the generated stubs to call my web services, I would get this exception:

:

Cannot inject field annotated with @Resource annotation: protected javax.sql.DataSource TestSEIBean.dataSource

Why can't Resource, in this case, jndi name be bound the the one I defined in xxxx-ds.xml under deploy directory?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Cannot inject field annotated with @Resource annotation in JBOSS 6
          amberjboss1999

ANY feedback is appreciated. I cannot imagine I am the only one who has a WebService on SLSB, and injected jndi @Resources for runtime lookup. I am also looking into Arquillian for integration testing, but I'd like to see if there is a simple fix here, as I struggle with the dependencies set up of arquillian in JBoss 6.

• 2. Re: Cannot inject field annotated with @Resource annotation in JBOSS 6
            amberjboss1999

I built a Arqullian test case using <arquillian.version>1.0.0.Alpha5</arquillian.version> and <jboss.version>6.0.0.Final</jboss.version>, and annotate a

@Resource(mappedName = "java:testDataSource")

mvn -e  test -Pjbossas-managed-6

assert not null on dataSource.getConnection() and the test passed.  I am lost as to why when I deployed on JBoss 6 and ran my test using the web services stub that it fails with :

10:17:00,093 ERROR [org.jboss.wsf.common.injection.InjectionException] Resource 'testDataSource' not found: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: testDataSource not bound

at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:771) [:5.0.5.Final]

at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:779) [:5.0.5.Final]

when server starts up, the jndi DS is bound:

10:16:19,865 INFO  [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=testDataSource' to JNDI name 'java:testDataSource'

Can someone help, please?! What does it take to get a little help here?

• 3. Re: Cannot inject field annotated with @Resource annotation in JBOSS 6
              ropalka

EJB3 is responsible for injection on SLSB endpoints.

Anyway, can I see your full stack trace? I'm curious why

jbossws-common InjectionHelper is in the stack trace.

• 4. Re: Cannot inject field annotated with @Resource annotation in JBOSS 6
                amberjboss1999

I think a lot of developers would probably appreciate the solution. This is simply solved by not using @Resource, instead you can use @Autowired, and/or with combination of @Qualifier, with the point being taking component scanning of @Resource out of the equation.