1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2011 9:59 AM by rareddy

cxf component

akhilkg1987

Hi,

I have JBOSS 5.1.0 AS installed and recently I faced the following error.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.a

pache.cxf.Bus

So I

downloaded  apache-cxf-2.4.2-src and jbossws-cxf-bin-dist.Would just copying the library files into server profile solve the issue??

I do not understand how to proceed and integrate cxf component with JBOSS.

Apart from this,when I am trying to execute some virtual procedures(learnt it from John's blog:Don't read this )I get the following error..

16:44:35,754 ERROR [CONNECTOR] Connector worker process failed for atomic-request=oDHN5alAEe0m.0.10.0

java.lang.AssertionError: A connection factory was supplied, but no implementation was provided getConnection

at org.teiid.translator.ExecutionFactory.getConnection(ExecutionFactory.java:153)

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.datamgr.ConnectorWorkItem.execute(ConnectorWorkItem.java:198)

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.process.DataTierTupleSource.getResults(DataTierTupleSource.java:338)

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.process.DataTierTupleSource.access$000(DataTierTupleSource.java:80)

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.process.DataTierTupleSource$1.call(DataTierTupleSource.java:138)

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.process.DataTierTupleSource$1.call(DataTierTupleSource.java:135)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.process.DQPWorkContext.runInContext(DQPWorkContext.java:197)

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.process.ThreadReuseExecutor$RunnableWrapper.run(ThreadReuseExecutor.java:118)

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.process.ThreadReuseExecutor$3.run(ThreadReuseExecutor.java:288)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

16:44:35,785 WARN  [PROCESSOR] Processing exception 'A connection factory was supplied, but no implementation was provided getConnection' for request oDHN5alAEe0m.0.  Exc

eption type org.teiid.core.TeiidProcessingException thrown from org.teiid.translator.ExecutionFactory.getConnection(ExecutionFactory.java:153). Enable more detailed loggi

Kindly help..

Thanks

Akhil

• 1. Re: cxf component
          tejones

Akhil,

Here are the steps to enable CXF in JBoss:

http://docs.jboss.org/teiid/7.5.0.Final/admin-guide/en-US/html/installation.html#d0e119

Thanks,

Ted

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: cxf component
            akhilkg1987

hey thanks ted,

I have downloaded apache-ant-1.8.2 set the path to its bin and set the ANT_HOME to the installation directory.

I have also downloaded jbossws-cxf-bin-dist but when in command promt when i go to C:\Documents and Settings\akhil_gupta11\Desktop\jbossws-cxf-bin-dist and give ant,it says build successful.

but when I give ant deploy-jboss510 it says that jboss client.jar is missing from jboss client...

I checked that directory but it was present there.

from the same location when i give ant tests i got a error log containing 100 errors.

I have also deleted the classpath from environment variables.

kindly point where am I going wrong?

Regards,

Akhil

• 3. Re: cxf component
              rareddy

Did you modify the rename and modify the "ant.properties" file as the document suggests? This property file has the paths that tell the ant script where the JBoss AS is installed and where to find those jars it is erroring on.

Ramesh..

• 4. Re: cxf component
                tejones

Akhil,

If Ramesh's suggestion is not the issue, you may want to install to a location without spaces. That may be causing classpath issues.

Thanks,

Ted

• 5. Re: cxf component
                  akhilkg1987

Hi Ramesh,

Yes I changed the properties in ant.properties.example and renamed it as ant.properties too..I made the changes under JBOSS 510 as I am using JBOSS 5.1.0 AS

following are the environment variables and the values that I have set.

ANT_HOME        C:\apache-ant-1.8.2

JAVA_HOME      C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_10

JBOSS_HOME   C:\jboss-5.1.0.GA

PATH                 C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_10\bin\;C:\apache-ant-1.8.2\bin

I have attached the ant.properties file with this.

Kindly point me where am I straying?

Thanks

Akhil..

• 6. Re: cxf component
                    akhilkg1987

hi ted,

Following are the directories of installation for the concerned packages..

C:\jbossws-cxf-bin-dist

C:\jboss-5.1.0.GA

C:\apache-ant-1.8.2

and following is the log after giving deploy-jboss510

C:\jbossws-cxf-bin-dist>ant deploy-jboss510
                    Buildfile: C:\jbossws-cxf-bin-dist\build.xml

target-jboss510:

prepare:

init:
                         [echo] integration.target=jboss510

undeploy-jboss510:

BUILD FAILED
                    C:\jbossws-cxf-bin-dist\build\build-deploy.xml:143: Not available: C:jboss-5.1.0.GA/client/jboss-client.jar

Total time: 0 seconds

do you see something wrong in the installations??

Thanks,

Akhil.

• 7. Re: cxf component
                      rareddy

Are you using the CXF from http://www.jboss.org/jbossws/downloads ? Try version 3.3.0

ant.properties looks right. On the line I see it is missing "c:/" the forward slash, that may be the case. Check your jboss installation and see if you have jboss-client.jar file. If you do not have it, re-install the JBoss AS. If you do, then something else in the configuration is wrong.

C:\jbossws-cxf-bin-dist\build\build-deploy.xml:143: Not available: C:jboss-5.1.0.GA/client/jboss-client.jar

Ramesh..

• 8. Re: cxf component
                        akhilkg1987

Hi Ramesh,

Yes I have downloaded all the installables from the same link..I have tried 3.3.0 but I have still not succeeded

As i pointed out,the client.jar is there.I have downloaded and replaced it too but that too didnt work..

and which line are you pointing to ?

jboss510.home=C:\jboss-5.1.0.GA

or

jbossws.integration.target=jboss510

do I need to change the bind address??I have simply installed JBOSS AS and have mapped it with teiid runnable.

I run the server through run.bat in bin.

I have come to know that JBOSS 6 comes with pre configured CFX.In that case should I try installing v 6??and then to use it with teiid i just need to map it with teiid runnable zip ??

Thanks

Akhil.

• 9. Re: cxf component
                          akhilkg1987

Hey Ramesh,

can you also tell me when does this error happen??

org.teiid.resource.spi.Wrapped ConnectionFactory cannot be cast to javax.sql.DataSource

and sometimes while creating a datasource I am being prompted for a password..what password should i fetch there the default user/admin??

Thanks again,

Akhil

• 10. Re: cxf component
                            rareddy

Teiid does NOT work on JBoss AS6. 

Look for more installation instructions at http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossWS-Installation

The  only difference I saw there was to execute

ant deploy-jboss510

I tried above on my machine it installed correctly into default profile.

Ramesh..

• 11. Re: cxf component
                              tejones

Akhil,

Regarding your CXF install... Ramesh is right. You have jboss510.home=C:\jboss-5.1.0.GA instead of jboss510.home=C://jboss-5.1.0.GA. The backwards slash is being ignored and giving you an invalid path so the client jar cannot be resolved.

I have seen "org.teiid.resource.spi.Wrapped ConnectionFactory cannot be cast to javax.sql.DataSource" when you are connecting to a non-Teiid (a non-VDB) datasource from a generated WAR file. In other words the JNDI name is for some other source other than the Teiid VDB you wish to connect to.

IRT the password for a datasource... can you list the steps that cause you to be prompted for a password? Are you creating a web service data source? If there is no password for the source you are creating, you can put a blank space to get through the dialog. This may be a bug in Designer, but it would be helpful if you could list your steps so we can reproduce.

Thanks,

Ted

• 12. Re: cxf component
                                akhilkg1987

Hey Ted,

What a Savior you are

Changing it to C:// worked as fast as anything..all installation related problems..phuh!!

Thankyou for looking in the "org.teiid.resource.spi.Wrapped ConnectionFactory cannot be cast to javax.sql.DataSource" error too.Actually that happened because in absence of CFX i was forced to make a datasource with Default profile.

I am able to make a datasource now and the VDB is also deployed !!

I have tried executing this query   exec ops.getCapitalCity('adad113e');

in the countryInfo example as you have explanied (in an amazingly easy way)

But I got this error:

Remote org.teiid.core.TeiidProcessingException: Could not send Message.

Is it because of some proxy setting in my designer??

Thanks in advance,

Akhil

• 13. Re: cxf component
                                  tejones

Akhil,

Cool... glad you were able to resolve your install issues. The connection error makes me think either the web service is not available, or the end point defined in the *-ds.xml is not corect.

Thanks,

Ted

• 14. Re: cxf component
                                    akhilkg1987

Hi ted,

I will look into it..May be some proxy issue.Will get back to you in case of problems.

I am thankful to you and Ramesh.

Akhil.

1 2 Previous Next