1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 7, 2011 4:48 AM by mircea.markus

Configuring and using JBossStandaloneJTAManager with Infinispan 4.2.1 Final

renzos

Hi guys,

I'm working on a research project for my master degree thesis, and reading the following tutorial:

https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Infinispan+transactions

I'm trying to configure the JBossStandaloneJTAManager. Since it's standalone it should let me avoid using and Application Server.

Unfortunately if I follow the directions on that tutorial and I try to obtain the transaction manager in this way (using TransactionManager tm = cache.getAdvancedCache().getTransactionManager()), importing javax.transaction.TransactionManager, when I launch my app I get a "failed looking up TransactionManager" message, and it automatically switches to DummyTransactionManager, unusable for my needs.

Netbeans suggests me to import com.arjuna.ats.jta.TransactionManager insted of javax.transaction.TransactionManager, but then the object tm hasn't got the begin()/commit() methods, cause it belongs to java.lang.Object class !?!?

Very strange behaviour, anyway do you know a way or a link to read from how to configure step by step a JBossStandaloneJTAManager?

Attached to this question the config file I'm actually using. Thanks a lot in advance,

Renzo