3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2011 6:09 AM by raagaa

Unable to deploy JSF App in JBoss 5.1.0

raagaa

Hi, Am using Eclipse IDE (Helios 3.6). I created a very simple JSF App (with just 'index.jsp' file in it). Initially, I integrated JBoss into Eclipse & deployed the App on JBoss through Eclipse itself. But when I ran the deployed app, it repeatedly complained "404 - resource not found'. So, then I detached JBOss from Eclipse. Now, I went to JBoss AS Admin Console & deployed the war (exported from eclipse) using "add new resource" button. But when I try to do this, JBoss Console displyas the following error:

Failed to create Resource JustAnApp.war - cause: java.lang.RuntimeException:java.lang.NullPointerException -> java.lang.NullPointerException:null

Then, I dropped this idea of deploying through console. I then deployed manually by stopping the server, putting the war into "...server/default/deploy" folder, and then started the server. But now again it says (when I try to open the app in the browser http://localhost:8080/JustAnApp/) "404-not found".

It seems very trivial. But is bugging me since yesterday! Please help!

Message was edited by: Jean Julie When I see the server console, I see the following error:   Deployment "vfsfile:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy /JustAnApp.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): org.jboss.deployers .spi.DeploymentException: Web mapping already exists for deployment URL file:/C: /Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/JustAnApp.war/         at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.checkComplete(Dep loyersImpl.java:993) But this is the first time am deploying this war. Not sure what it means by "already exists"!

Now, I gave a new name to the war (i.e exported from eclipse with a different name) & then tried to deploy using the console. It is now displaying the error: Failed to create Resource WhoseApp.war - cause: java.lang.RuntimeException:org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS): *** DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Name -> Error vfszip:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/WhoseApp.war/ -> org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/tmp/a6gp3p-zb8v4-gs9zkzk8-1-gsa0pohn-yc/WhoseApp.war/ deployment failed DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Deployment "vfszip:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/WhoseApp.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/tmp/a6gp3p-zb8v4-gs9zkzk8-1-gsa0pohn-yc/WhoseApp.war/ deployment failed -> org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException:Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS): *** DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Name -> Error vfszip:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/WhoseApp.war/ -> org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/tmp/a6gp3p-zb8v4-gs9zkzk8-1-gsa0pohn-yc/WhoseApp.war/ deployment failed DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Deployment "vfszip:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/WhoseApp.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/tmp/a6gp3p-zb8v4-gs9zkzk8-1-gsa0pohn-yc/WhoseApp.war/ deployment failed The server log says : DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:   Deployment "vfszip:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/ WhoseApp.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): org.jboss.deployers.s pi.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/def ault/tmp/a6gp3p-zb8v4-gs9zkzk8-1-gsa0pohn-yc/WhoseApp.war/ deployment failed - Enable DEBUG logging to see the stack trace. 13:30:03,609 WARN  [AbstractManagedObjectPopulator] Cannot create String name fr om non-Simple property: ManagedProperty{JNDIName,JNDIName,metaType=SimpleMetaTyp e:java.lang.String}, value=null 13:30:03,687 WARN  [AbstractManagedObjectPopulator] Cannot create String name fr om non-Simple property: ManagedProperty{JNDIName,JNDIName,metaType=SimpleMetaTyp e:java.lang.String}, value=null Not sure what JBoss is trying to tell me. Any help pls?

• 1. Re: Unable to deploy JSF App in JBoss 5.1.0
          raagaa

Now, I gave a new name to the war (i.e exported from eclipse with a different name) & then tried to deploy using the console. It is now displaying the error:

Failed to create Resource WhoseApp.war - cause: java.lang.RuntimeException:org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS): *** DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Name -> Error vfszip:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/WhoseApp.war/ -> org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/tmp/a6gp3p-zb8v4-gs9zkzk8-1-gsa0pohn-yc/WhoseApp.war/ deployment failed DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Deployment "vfszip:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/WhoseApp.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/tmp/a6gp3p-zb8v4-gs9zkzk8-1-gsa0pohn-yc/WhoseApp.war/ deployment failed -> org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException:Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS): *** DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Name -> Error vfszip:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/WhoseApp.war/ -> org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/tmp/a6gp3p-zb8v4-gs9zkzk8-1-gsa0pohn-yc/WhoseApp.war/ deployment failed DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Deployment "vfszip:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/WhoseApp.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/tmp/a6gp3p-zb8v4-gs9zkzk8-1-gsa0pohn-yc/WhoseApp.war/ deployment failed

Not sure what JBoss is trying to tell me. Any help pls?

• 2. Re: Unable to deploy JSF App in JBoss 5.1.0
            raagaa

Now, I gave a new name to the war (i.e exported from eclipse with a different name) & then tried to deploy using the console. It is now displaying the error:

Failed to create Resource WhoseApp.war - cause: java.lang.RuntimeException:org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS): *** DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Name -> Error vfszip:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/WhoseApp.war/ -> org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/tmp/a6gp3p-zb8v4-gs9zkzk8-1-gsa0pohn-yc/WhoseApp.war/ deployment failed DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Deployment "vfszip:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/WhoseApp.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/tmp/a6gp3p-zb8v4-gs9zkzk8-1-gsa0pohn-yc/WhoseApp.war/ deployment failed -> org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException:Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS): *** DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Name -> Error vfszip:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/WhoseApp.war/ -> org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/tmp/a6gp3p-zb8v4-gs9zkzk8-1-gsa0pohn-yc/WhoseApp.war/ deployment failed DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Deployment "vfszip:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/WhoseApp.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/tmp/a6gp3p-zb8v4-gs9zkzk8-1-gsa0pohn-yc/WhoseApp.war/ deployment failed

• 3. Re: Unable to deploy JSF App in JBoss 5.1.0
              raagaa

The server log says :

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
                Deployment "vfszip:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/
              WhoseApp.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): org.jboss.deployers.s
              pi.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/Software/JBoss1.5/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/def
              ault/tmp/a6gp3p-zb8v4-gs9zkzk8-1-gsa0pohn-yc/WhoseApp.war/ deployment failed
              - Enable DEBUG logging to see the stack trace.
              13:30:03,609 WARN  [AbstractManagedObjectPopulator] Cannot create String name fr
              om non-Simple property: ManagedProperty{JNDIName,JNDIName,metaType=SimpleMetaTyp
              e:java.lang.String}, value=null
              13:30:03,687 WARN  [AbstractManagedObjectPopulator] Cannot create String name fr
              om non-Simple property: ManagedProperty{JNDIName,JNDIName,metaType=SimpleMetaTyp
              e:java.lang.String}, value=null