1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2011 8:57 AM by salaboy21

JBPM5 on JBoss AS 7

mattu16

Has anyone given this a go? If so what do I need to do?

• 1. Re: JBPM5 on JBoss AS 7
          bwallis42

Me to. I am just starting out with a new project that needs JEE6 and a workflow and thought AS7 and JBPM5 would be the go. It would be nice to hear of success with this but I'll be trying it out anyway over the next week or three.

• 2. Re: JBPM5 on JBoss AS 7
            jimdwyer

Hey guys.  Any results on this stuff.  I am starting today.  I feel like there is little or no documentation.  Can you post the most helpful links and maybe some advice about what you have done to get this working?

jim

• 3. Re: JBPM5 on JBoss AS 7
              salaboy21

I will be working in the human task module for jboss 7, 6, 5 and tomcat probably 6 and 7. The rest of the platform should work just doing the correspondant configuration.

Cheers

• 4. Re: JBPM5 on JBoss AS 7
                tsurdilovic

You got Kris's recent post http://kverlaen.blogspot.com/2011/07/jbpm5-on-as7-lightning.html which should help.

The jBPM Web Designer already runs on AS7, even OpenShift ( http://designer-tsurdilo.rhcloud.com/designer/editor?profile=jbpm&uuid=123 )

• 5. Re: JBPM5 on JBoss AS 7
                  jimdwyer

Does the jBPM engine run on AS7?  It looks like Kris is integrating the jBPMConsole.

I like to design in Eclipse so the web designer is not that important to me but will look into it again as I wasn't that fond of the earlier version.

• 6. Re: JBPM5 on JBoss AS 7
                    tsurdilovic

The core engine is just a workflow engine and is not dependent on an AS to run on, you could embed it as part your app or run it as service for example, so I don't fully understand your question.

Cool about looking into Designer again. We made a lot of progress in the last months so I would be really happy to hear your opinions on it, especially issues and anything you don't like.

Thanks.

• 7. Re: JBPM5 on JBoss AS 7
                      jimdwyer

My mistake.  I misunderstood what the console-server was.  New to JBPM5 and AS7.

• 8. Re: JBPM5 on JBoss AS 7
                        jimdwyer

I have followed the instructions on  http://kverlaen.blogspot.com/2011/07/jbpm5-on-as7-lightning.html but am getting these errors when I log into the console.  Both the console and console-server files are deploying without error.

Anybody know why?

17:47:49,645 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[default-host].[/gwt-console-server].[Resteasy]] (http--127.0.0.1-8080-1) Servlet.service() for servlet Resteasy threw exception: org.jboss.resteasy.spi.UnhandledException: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.SINGLETON from class org.slf4j.LoggerFactory
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.unwrapException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:345) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleApplicationException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:321) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:214) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleInvokerException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:190) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.getResponse(SynchronousDispatcher.java:534) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:496) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:119) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.ServletContainerDispatcher.service(ServletContainerDispatcher.java:208) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:55) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:50) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847) [jboss-servlet-api_3.0_spec-1.0.0.Final.jar:1.0.0.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:329) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:248) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.jboss.bpm.console.server.util.GWTJsonFilter.doFilter(GWTJsonFilter.java:59) [classes:]
                                at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:280) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:248) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:275) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:161) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.jboss.as.web.security.SecurityContextAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityContextAssociationValve.java:139) [jboss-as-web-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:480) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.jboss.as.web.NamingValve.invoke(NamingValve.java:57) [jboss-as-web-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:154) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:362) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:877) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:667) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:952) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) [:1.6.0_23]
                        Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.SINGLETON from class org.slf4j.LoggerFactory
                                at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.<clinit>(LoggerFactory.java:60) [slf4j-api-1.5.2.jar:]
                                at org.apache.mina.core.service.IoHandlerAdapter.<init>(IoHandlerAdapter.java:38) [mina-core-2.0.0-M3.jar:]
                                at org.jbpm.task.service.mina.BaseMinaHandler.<init>(BaseMinaHandler.java:30) [jbpm-human-task-5.1.0.Final.jar:]
                                at org.jbpm.task.service.mina.MinaTaskClientHandler.<init>(MinaTaskClientHandler.java:28) [jbpm-human-task-5.1.0.Final.jar:]
                                at org.jbpm.integration.console.TaskManagement.connect(TaskManagement.java:62) [jbpm-gwt-core-5.1.0.Final.jar:]
                                at org.jbpm.integration.console.TaskManagement.getAssignedTasks(TaskManagement.java:179) [jbpm-gwt-core-5.1.0.Final.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.bpm.console.server.TaskListFacade.getTasksForIdRef(TaskListFacade.java:99) [classes:]
                                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [:1.6.0_23]
                                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) [:1.6.0_23]
                                at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) [:1.6.0_23]
                                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) [:1.6.0_23]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.MethodInjectorImpl.invoke(MethodInjectorImpl.java:140) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invokeOnTarget(ResourceMethod.java:255) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invoke(ResourceMethod.java:220) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invoke(ResourceMethod.java:209) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.getResponse(SynchronousDispatcher.java:519) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                ... 24 more

17:48:28,201 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[default-host].[/gwt-console-server].[Resteasy]] (http--127.0.0.1-8080-6) Servlet.service() for servlet Resteasy threw exception: org.jboss.resteasy.spi.UnhandledException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.slf4j.LoggerFactory
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.unwrapException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:345) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleApplicationException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:321) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:214) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleInvokerException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:190) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.getResponse(SynchronousDispatcher.java:534) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:496) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:119) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.ServletContainerDispatcher.service(ServletContainerDispatcher.java:208) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:55) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:50) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847) [jboss-servlet-api_3.0_spec-1.0.0.Final.jar:1.0.0.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:329) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.jboss.bpm.console.server.util.GWTJsonFilter.doFilter(GWTJsonFilter.java:59) [classes:]
                                at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:280) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:275) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:161) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.jboss.as.web.security.SecurityContextAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityContextAssociationValve.java:139) [jboss-as-web-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:480) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.jboss.as.web.NamingValve.invoke(NamingValve.java:57) [jboss-as-web-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:154) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:362) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:877) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:667) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:952) [jbossweb-7.0.1.Final.jar:7.0.1.Final]
                                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) [:1.6.0_23]
                        Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.slf4j.LoggerFactory
                                at org.apache.mina.core.service.IoHandlerAdapter.<init>(IoHandlerAdapter.java:38) [mina-core-2.0.0-M3.jar:]
                                at org.jbpm.task.service.mina.BaseMinaHandler.<init>(BaseMinaHandler.java:30) [jbpm-human-task-5.1.0.Final.jar:]
                                at org.jbpm.task.service.mina.MinaTaskClientHandler.<init>(MinaTaskClientHandler.java:28) [jbpm-human-task-5.1.0.Final.jar:]
                                at org.jbpm.integration.console.TaskManagement.connect(TaskManagement.java:62) [jbpm-gwt-core-5.1.0.Final.jar:]
                                at org.jbpm.integration.console.TaskManagement.getAssignedTasks(TaskManagement.java:179) [jbpm-gwt-core-5.1.0.Final.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.bpm.console.server.TaskListFacade.getTasksForIdRef(TaskListFacade.java:99) [classes:]
                                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [:1.6.0_23]
                                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) [:1.6.0_23]
                                at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) [:1.6.0_23]
                                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) [:1.6.0_23]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.MethodInjectorImpl.invoke(MethodInjectorImpl.java:140) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invokeOnTarget(ResourceMethod.java:255) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invoke(ResourceMethod.java:220) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invoke(ResourceMethod.java:209) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]
                                at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.getResponse(SynchronousDispatcher.java:519) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.1.GA.jar:]

slf4j is part of the AS7 I believe.  For some reason it can't seem to find it at runtime.

• 9. Re: JBPM5 on JBoss AS 7
                          jimdwyer

Matthew,

Any luck getting this thing working?  I am getting the above errors.  Some of them are explained on the slf4j page and end up being incompatibility issues between slf4j versions.  I got both the client and client-server to deploy without error. 

Anybody have this working bug free? What did you do to fix it?

Jim

• 10. Re: JBPM5 on JBoss AS 7
                            willimur

You can get jBPMN5 (currently 5.1.0.Final) running on AS7 if you install the SwitchYard project. That might sound like a bit if extra work, but actually SwitchYard's BPM quickstart and their cool video using Forge helped me get my first BPM example off the ground. I don't know about how one accesses the BPM console, though...

• 11. Re: JBPM5 on JBoss AS 7
                              salaboy21

the 5.2.0.Final installer runs on top of JBoss 7, so you can copy the configurations from there..

Cheers

• 12. Re: JBPM5 on JBoss AS 7
                                willimur

Yeah, I just discovered that too. I had initially been thrown because the README in the installer strangely states that JBoss 4.something is required.

• 13. Re: JBPM5 on JBoss AS 7
                                  tsurdilovic

Murray, can you show me where this confusing message is so we can fix?

Thanks.

• 14. Re: JBPM5 on JBoss AS 7
                                    willimur

I can do one better. I already created a JIRA ticket about it. (Answering your question, it's in the install.html file that's at the root level of the installer.)

1 2 Previous Next