7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2011 7:34 AM by akhilkg1987

Regarding teiid instance

akhilkg1987

I feel too silly to ask this,but am stuck

I was trying to create a teiid instance following the steps as mentioned in quick start

1.   Right-click in Teiid view and select “New Teiid Instance” 
      2. Provide valid Admin URL information (Default URL for Teiid is "mms://localhost:31443")

• Specify Host (default = localhost) 
        • Specify Port Number (default = 31443) 
        • Specify User Name (default = "admin") 
        • Specify Password (default = "admin") 
        • This connection will be used by Designer to Add/Remove data-sources required for setting up valid VDB's and for deploy and undeploy your VDB's you wish to test. 
      3.   Provide valid JDBC URL information (Default URL for Teiid is "mms://localhost:31000") 
        • Specify Host (default = localhost) 
        • Specify Port Number (default = 31000) 
        • Specify User Name (default = "user") 
        • Specify Password (default = "user") 
        • This connection info will be used to set up JDBC connections to perform JDBC data queries to VDB's deployed on your Teiid server instance.
      4.   Hit FINISH 
      5. Initial Teiid View should contain your new Teiid server instance.

• The Teiid view default contents will include any VDB's deployed to this server instance and any of your specific “workspace” Data Sources.

• Data Sources are the  “JCA-compatible Connection Factory” xml configuration  components required for Teiid to create the necessary connections to query data at run-time.

But I am unable to connect to the server

the wizard need only steps 1,2,4 or 1,3,4

The error message that I get is unable to connect using specified server properties.The teiid server properties could be invalid or the teiid server may be offline

I wish to preview data in the tables that I have Imported but as far as I understand,I would need to set up a teiid instance before I can do that.

I started run.bat file in JBOSS bin in order to set up the server.DO we need to set up the username and password in some file or is it that we need to set up some connectors?

Kindly point out where am I going wrong.

• 1. Re: Regarding teiid instance
          rareddy

Akhil,

You need all the steps 1,2,3,4. What I see from above is for JDBC you have used "mms://localhost:31000". The "mms" protocol is for secure connection, and by default JDBC is connection is not established over secure connection. So, try "mm://localhost:31000"

JBoss AS Server with Teiid needs to be running while you try to make connection. Also on the wizard there is "test" button make sure it returns success!

Ramesh..

• 2. Re: Regarding teiid instance
            akhilkg1987

Hi Ramesh,

thanks for the reply but as I said,I am prompted for only kind of url,username and password.

Kindly find the screenshot.

teiid instance.JPG

I am using teiid 7.1 and JBoss 5.1.0 GA

• 3. Re: Regarding teiid instance
              akhilkg1987

Hi ramesh,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have successfully created a working instance.There was some problem with the JBOSS I guess.It worked after  I reinstalled it and then tried.

But I still see only 1 set of url,username  and password.Any idea what might be the issue?

The instance connected to the server properly,but when I am trying to preview any data from the tables I get the following excetion

14:47:32,946 WARN  [ADMIN_API] Processing exception 'The specified session ID "n

ull" is invalid. It cannot be found in the userbase.' for session null.  Excepti

on type org.teiid.adminapi.AdminProcessingException thrown from org.teiid.servic

es.SessionServiceImpl.getSessionInfo(SessionServiceImpl.java:310). Enable more d

etailed logging to see the entire stacktrace.

14:47:35,164 WARN  [SECURITY] Processing exception 'The username "admin" and/or

password and/or payload token could not be authenticated by any membership domai

n.' for session null.  Exception type org.teiid.client.security.LogonException t

hrown from org.teiid.transport.LogonImpl.logon(LogonImpl.java:89). Enable more d

etailed logging to see the entire stacktrace.

Please help.

• 4. Re: Regarding teiid instance
                rareddy

Akhil,

Looks like vey old version of Designer. What version are you using? I recommend you download the latest version (7.4) version.

http://www.jboss.org/teiiddesigner/downloads

Ramesh..

• 5. Re: Regarding teiid instance
                  akhilkg1987

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks once again.The teiid version that I am using is 7.1 and JBOSS 5.01

Also please tell me do we need to set the username and password in  some files like jbossproperties or securities etc?

• 6. Re: Regarding teiid instance
                    rareddy

Akhil,

The both versions are quite old. Use Designer 7.4, JBoss AS 5.1.0 (NOT 5.0.1) with Teiid 7.4

You can define the user name and password for JDBC in

<jboss-as>/server/default/conf/prop/teiid-security-users.properties, however the default user with password is "user/user"

You can define the "admin" user in

<jboss-as>/server/default/conf/prop/jmx-console-users.properties, however the default user with password is "admin/admin"

Ramesh..

• 7. Re: Regarding teiid instance
                      akhilkg1987

Thanks a lot Ramesh.

Am installing Teiid 7.4 and then  would install JBOSS too.

I hope it would solve a lot of problems for me.:)