2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2011 4:37 AM by jaikiran Branched to a new discussion.

MDB support now available in AS7 upstream - Please test your apps

jaikiran

Those of you who have been waiting for MDB support in AS7, here's some good news. Earlier this week, we have added MDB support in AS7 upstream. We would like the community members to give the latest AS7 nightly builds a try http://community.jboss.org/thread/167590 and report any issues so that they can be fixed before 7.0.1.

We've already identified one issue with classloading and ObjectMessage (thanks to Prasad!) http://community.jboss.org/thread/170141?tstart=0 and are working on a fix.

Please test your MDBs against the latest AS7 builds and let us know how it goes. 

• 1. Re: MDB support now available in AS7 upstream - Please test your apps
          bigriver1973

I did the test with my MDB and a JMS client, it does work now. But the queue and connectionFactory name have to be changed before the success test. The previous queue and connectionFactory name is the same as the configuration files, like:

queue/MO_MSGQ_BUSI

RemoteConnectionFactory

But now the prefix "java:jboss/jms/" must be added before them, so they should be:

java:jboss/jms/queue/MO_MSGQ_BUSI

java:jboss/jms/RemoteConnectionFactory

So the MDB annotion should be changed like:

@MessageDriven(activationConfig = {
            @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue"),
            @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destination", propertyValue = "java:jboss/jms/queue/MO_MSGQ_BUSI"),
            @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "DLQMaxResent", propertyValue = "0") })

It seems that the JNDI name of the EJB and JMS service have been changed in AS7, which add the effort to migrate a exist project from AS5/6 to AS7. In my personal view, I do no think it is a god decision.

• 2. Re: MDB support now available in AS7 upstream - Please test your apps
            jaikiran

Matthew Cheng wrote:

I did the test with my MDB and a JMS client, it does work now. But the queue and connectionFactory name have to be changed before the success test. The previous queue and connectionFactory name is the same as the configuration files, like:

queue/MO_MSGQ_BUSI

RemoteConnectionFactory

But now the prefix "java:jboss/jms/" must be added before them, so they should be:

java:jboss/jms/queue/MO_MSGQ_BUSI

java:jboss/jms/RemoteConnectionFactory

So the MDB annotion should be changed like:

@MessageDriven(activationConfig = {
              @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue"),
              @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destination", propertyValue = "java:jboss/jms/queue/MO_MSGQ_BUSI"),
              @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "DLQMaxResent", propertyValue = "0") })

You can still use any JNDI name under the java:/ namespace for the queue/topics and JMS objects. But if you don't specify the namespace, then it will be defaulted to java:jboss/jms/ for JMS objects.  So you can use java:/queue/MO_MSGQ_BUSI for your queue

As for why this changed, see this discussion http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-as7-dev/2011-July/002890.html