2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2011 11:08 PM by gmkumar2005

ManagedConnectionFactory Life Cycle

gmkumar2005

Hi,

I deploy the rar file by placing it in the deployment folder in jboss as 7. Later deploy my war file.

This connector in bound to a jNDI location by definition inside standalone.xml.

When it is deployed the createConnectionFactory(ConnectionManager cm) is executed by default.

I do some house keeping with help of  ClassLoader contextClassLoader = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();

This method is again executed when i try to access the adapter using an ejb.

Problem is initally at the time of loading the classloader is null. Later it has a value when called from ejb. Effectively my housekeeping fails.

Question :

1) createConnectionFactory(ConnectionManager cm) is executed at the time of deployment => is this the proper behaviour ?

2) How can I configure ironJacamar not to execute this method at the time of deployment ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: ManagedConnectionFactory Life Cycle
          jesper.pedersen

When it is deployed the createConnectionFactory(ConnectionManager cm) is executed by default.

Of course - that is the way the ConnectionFactory is created, and bound into JNDI.

I do some house keeping with help of  ClassLoader contextClassLoader = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();

You should never use the thread context classloader. Use the classloader that defined your deployment:

ClassLoader cl = MyManagedConnectionFactory.class.getClassLoader();

This method is again executed when i try to access the adapter using an ejb.

Problem is initally at the time of loading the classloader is null. Later it has a value when called from ejb. Effectively my housekeeping fails.

Are you sure, that it is the same ConnectionFactory that you reference ? Post your ra.xml and <resource-adapter> subsystem. And what the EJB does...

And "housekeeping" sounds very scary to me... Post your code

• 2. Re: ManagedConnectionFactory Life Cycle
            gmkumar2005

Thanks jesper it worked. Basically the classloader used at the time of deployment has to be same as the one used at runtime. So now I pass

ClassLoader cl = MyManagedConnectionFactory.class.getClassLoader();