1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2011 1:27 AM by nikida78 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Unable to access no-interface EJB that extends an Abstract Impl
        jaikiran

Adams Tan wrote:

Sorry, a noob question here, can I test against the latest nightly build to try you fix?

Yes, you can. The binaries are available for download. Follow this thread http://community.jboss.org/thread/167590

• 16. Re: Unable to access no-interface EJB that extends an Abstract Impl
          nikida78

I tried a nightly build (16 Jul 2011), and the problem seems solved, until I hit a variant of the same problem...

Basically, I had several business interfaces that had some common methods (such as count), hence I had a super interface called FacadeLocal. See following codes:

public interface FacadeLocal<T> {
              int count();
          }

public interface VehicleFacadeLocal extends FacadeLocal<T> {
              //inherits all parent interface methods
          }

public abstract class AbstractFacade<T> {
              private Class<T> entityClass;

public AbstractFacade(Class<T> entityClass) {
                  this.entityClass = entityClass;
              }

protected abstract EntityManager getEntityManager();

}

@Stateless
          public class VehicleFacade extends AbstractFacade<Vehicle> implements VehicleFacadeLocal {
              @PersistenceContext(unitName = "testfacadePU")
              private EntityManager em;

protected EntityManager getEntityManager() {
                  return em;
              }

public VehicleFacade() {
                  super(Vehicle.class);
              }

}

@Named
          @SessionScoped
          public class WebBean implements Serializable {

@Inject
              private VehicleFacadeLocal vf; //calls the business interface instead of implementation

public int getVehicleCount() {
                  return vf.count();
              }
          }

Now when I run, I get an exception that says View of type interface x.y.FacadeLocal not found on bean.

I believe it is the same problem, but any use case. Since I have a lot of business interfaces, which quite a number of common ones, this implementation would be important to me.

Hoping for help, thanks!

• 17. Re: Unable to access no-interface EJB that extends an Abstract Impl
            jaikiran

Adams Tan wrote:

I tried a nightly build (16 Jul 2011),

Please try the latest one.

Adams Tan wrote:

Now when I run, I get an exception that says View of type interface x.y.FacadeLocal not found on bean.

I believe it is the same problem, but any use case. Since I have a lot of business interfaces, which quite a number of common ones, this implementation would be important to me.

Hoping for help, thanks!

If the latest build has the same issue, please post the entire exception stacktrace.

• 18. Re: Unable to access no-interface EJB that extends an Abstract Impl
              nikida78

I haven't been able to download the nightly build, seems like the site is down or has exceed maximum number of connections.

Anyway, I did some digging, and realised Glassfish 3.1.1 had the same issues. However, after changing the @Inject to @EJB instead, both Glassfish and JBoss 7 (nightly - 17 Jul) worked.

I'll try out the latest nightly before posting a full stacktrace.

1 2 Previous Next