1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2011 9:29 PM by jason.greene Go to original post
      • 15. Re: jboss-as-client 7.0.0.CR1?
        kabirkhan

The stuff about my remote invocation sar has been moved to http://community.jboss.org/wiki/RemoteEJBLookupAndInvocationInJBossAS700

• 16. Re: jboss-as-client 7.0.0.CR1?
          jason.greene

Hey everyone,

7.1 is scheduled for late fall, so it's not six months. We could have held the release off for full profile, in which case 7.0 would have been late fall. Also note that due to recent changes in the EE certification process, including features beyond the web profile makes it very hard to certify without passing the full TCK. This is partly why we did not deliver it as an uncertified 7.0 add-on.

• 17. Re: jboss-as-client 7.0.0.CR1?
            dekiz

I remember there was a thread (http://community.jboss.org/message/595900#595900) about someone eating a certain red hat if AS7.0 lands in time (end of spring), so again late fall is kinda loose term. The  way I see it 7.0AS can serve only as technology preview, as good as it is in current state.

You did awsome work with things that are implemented in 7.0 CR1, but with just web profile I dont even see the point of making GA release from 7.0CR1. JBoss used to be full blown AS, not just servlet container on steroids.

Anyway thank you for the information on timeline for 7.1, looking forward to that release.

• 18. Re: jboss-as-client 7.0.0.CR1?
              jason.greene

Dejan Kitic wrote:

I remember there was a thread (http://community.jboss.org/message/595900#595900) about someone eating a certain red hat if AS7.0 lands in time (end of spring), so again late fall is kinda loose term.

Sorry that we were late, but technically we are only a little over two few weeks off (spring ends June 21).

You did awsome work with things that are implemented in 7.0 CR1,

Thanks! We hope to do the same in 7.1.

Dejan Kitic wrote:

but with just web profile I dont even see the point of making GA release from 7.0CR1. JBoss used to be full blown AS, not just servlet container on steroids.

It's not just a servlet container, we have EJB 3 Lite + JAX-RS + Servlet 3 + BV + CDI/Weld + Infnispan + mod_cluster, and in the "preview" config we have HornetQ (JMS) & JBoss WS(JAX-WS).

We certainly realize that a number of folks including yourself would rather wait for something that implements full EE (or some subset), but keep in mind that we also have a significant user base that develops pure web applications, and a number of them have expressed the opposite feedback (they prefer an early release). Also keep in mind that this will lead to a more stable 7.1 release since we have a lot of testing in the field going on from folks that normally wouldn't download a "beta".

No promises but we may be able to backport some features, perhaps @remote ejb to the 7.0 line.

Thanks for hanging in there!

1 2 Previous Next