1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2013 8:22 AM by erikv

how to install the jbpm5 to work on mysql database

kimimo

I want to install jbpm5 and make it working on mysql database,but I didn't find where to config the database type,please help!

• 1. how to install the jbpm5 to work on mysql database
          _yasser

Hello Kimi,

I had to update  hibernate.cfg.xml, persistence.xml and testDS1-ds.xml in jbpm-installer\db folder, and copy mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar  to db/driver folder, you need to run ant install.demo again for these changes to take effect.

I had also to open jbpm-human-task-5.1-SNAPSHOT.jar located in runtime folder and change hibernate settings in persistence.xml

Greetings,

• 2. how to install the jbpm5 to work on mysql database
            kimimo

Hello Yasser,

Thanks for your reply. I followed your advice and it successfully working on mysql db

• 3. Re: how to install the jbpm5 to work on mysql database
              nirav2003

I followed same instructions. But the database is not created. When I am starting server I am receiving following exception.

start.human.task:
                  [javac] C:\Program Files\jbpm-installer\build.xml:511: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds
                   [java] SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
                   [java] SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
                   [java] SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
                   [java] Exception in thread "main" javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not execute query
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.throwPersistenceException(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:614)
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.ejb.QueryImpl.getResultList(QueryImpl.java:76)
                   [java]     at org.jbpm.task.service.TaskService.<init>(TaskService.java:109)
                   [java]     at org.jbpm.task.service.TaskService.<init>(TaskService.java:92)
                   [java]     at org.jbpm.DemoTaskService.main(Unknown Source)
                   [java] Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not execute query
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:90)
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:66)
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2231)
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.listIgnoreQueryCache(Loader.java:2125)
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:2120)
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.loader.hql.QueryLoader.list(QueryLoader.java:401)
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.hql.ast.QueryTranslatorImpl.list(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:361)
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.engine.query.HQLQueryPlan.performList(HQLQueryPlan.java:196)
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.list(SessionImpl.java:1148)
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.impl.QueryImpl.list(QueryImpl.java:102)
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.ejb.QueryImpl.getResultList(QueryImpl.java:67)
                   [java]     ... 3 more
                   [java] Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'jbpm_demo.task' doesn't exist
                   [java]     at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:936)
                   [java]     at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2941)
                   [java]     at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1623)
                   [java]     at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1715)
                   [java]     at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:3249)
                   [java]     at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:1268)
                   [java]     at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:1403)
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.getResultSet(AbstractBatcher.java:208)
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.getResultSet(Loader.java:1808)
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:697)
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:259)
                   [java]     at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2228)
                   [java]     ... 11 more
                   [java] Java Result: 1

• 4. Re: how to install the jbpm5 to work on mysql database
                aungmyozaw

Hi nirav2003,

I also develop a sample project with Spring, jBPM5 and Drools. For me, I configure in update  hibernate.cfg.xml, persistence.xml and testDS1-ds.xml. And also I have point out my WS-Human Task Server's persistence.xml from runtime/jbpm-human-task-5.0.0.jar. Inside jar, there has also persistence for WS-HT server. I change and point out it like that:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<persistence version="1.0"

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm_1_0.xsd"

xmlns:orm="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm"

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence">

<persistence-unit name="org.jbpm.task">

<provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>

<class>org.jbpm.task.Attachment</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.Content</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.BooleanExpression</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.Comment</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.Deadline</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.Comment</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.Deadline</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.Delegation</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.Escalation</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.Group</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.I18NText</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.Notification</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.EmailNotification</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.EmailNotificationHeader</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.PeopleAssignments</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.Reassignment</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.Status</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.Task</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.TaskData</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.SubTasksStrategy</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.OnParentAbortAllSubTasksEndStrategy</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.OnAllSubTasksEndParentEndStrategy</class>

<class>org.jbpm.task.User</class>

<properties>

<property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect"/>

<property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>

<property name="hibernate.connection.url" value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jbpm" />

<property name="hibernate.connection.username" value="root"/>

<property name="hibernate.connection.password" value="admin"/>

<property name="hibernate.connection.autocommit" value="false" />

<property name="hibernate.max_fetch_depth" value="3"/>

<property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="create" />

<property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="false" />

</properties>

</persistence-unit>

</persistence>

• 5. Re: how to install the jbpm5 to work on mysql database
                  nirav2003

Sorry for the late reply, but still I was trying to make it work. I have configured it as follows:

1.       Hibernate.cfg.xml

<session-factory>

<!-- Database connection settings -->
                          <property name="connection.driver_class">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</property>
                          <property name="connection.url">jdbc:mysql://192.168.12.99:3306/jbpm_demo?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8</property>
                          <!--property name="connection.url">jdbc:h2:file:/NotBackedUp/data/mydb</property-->
                          <property name="connection.username">jbpmUser</property>
                          <property name="connection.password">jbpm</property>

<!-- JDBC connection pool (use the built-in) -->
                          <property name="connection.pool_size">1</property>

<!-- SQL dialect -->
                          <property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect</property>

<!-- Enable Hibernate's automatic session context management -->
                          <property name="current_session_context_class">thread</property>

<!-- Disable the second-level cache  -->
                          <property name="cache.provider_class">org.hibernate.cache.NoCacheProvider</property>

<!-- Echo all executed SQL to stdout -->
                          <property name="show_sql">false</property>

<!-- Drop and re-create the database schema on startup? -->
                          <property name="hbm2ddl.auto">create</property>

<mapping resource="AuditLog.hbm.xml"/>

</session-factory>

2.       Persistence.xml

<persistence-unit name="org.jbpm.persistence.jpa" transaction-type="JTA">
                      <jta-data-source>java:jdbc/jbpmDatasource</jta-data-source>      
                      <mapping-file>META-INF/JBPMorm.xml</mapping-file>
                      <class>org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo</class>
                      <class>org.drools.persistence.info.SessionInfo</class>
                      <class>org.drools.persistence.info.WorkItemInfo</class>
                      <properties>
                        <property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect"/>        
                        <property name="hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class" value="org.hibernate.transaction.JBossTransactionManagerLookup" />
                      </properties>       
                    </persistence-unit>

3.       TestDS1-ds.xml

<local-tx-datasource>
                      <jndi-name>jdbc/jbpmDatasource</jndi-name>
                      <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://192.168.12.99:3306/jbpm_demo?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8</connection-url>
                      <!--connection-url>jdbc:h2:mem:mydb</connection-url-->
                      <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
                      <user-name>jbpmUser</user-name>
                      <password>jbpm</password>
                    </local-tx-datasource>

4.       Persistence.xml in jbpm-human-task-5.1.0.CR1.jar properties changed to

<properties>
                        <property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect"/>
                        <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
                        <property name="hibernate.connection.url" value="jdbc:mysql://192.168.12.99:3306/JBPM_DEMO?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8" />
                        <property name="hibernate.connection.username" value="jbpmUser"/>
                        <property name="hibernate.connection.password" value="jbpm"/>
                      </properties>

• 6. Re: how to install the jbpm5 to work on mysql database
                    nirav2003

After doing all this changes the end result is still same, database in MySql is not created after running install command.

Also, when i am running the startup command i am receiving above error. (The error is due to the database table not found.)

using following softwares:

MySql 5.1

jbpm-5.1.0.CR1-installer.zip

Windows 2008 server.

MySql is installed on different server.

• 7. Re: how to install the jbpm5 to work on mysql database
                      aungmyozaw

Nevermine nirav. As for me,

~ Firstly I configure "jbpm-5.0.0\build.xml",

~ And then, configure "db\persistence.xml, db\hibernate.cfg.xml, db\testDS1-DS.xml",

~ And then, I also changed in "jbpm-5.0.0\lib\jbpm-5.0.0.bin.zip". Extract zip and there are seven jars. I configured the jbpm-human-task-5.0.0.jar like previous describe.

~ And then create a database in MySQL with name "jbpm" that described in persistence.xml.

~ I run and command with Ant "ant install.demo.mysql".

~ And also want to sugguest to reference "http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.0/userguide/ch02.html"

• 8. Re: how to install the jbpm5 to work on mysql database
                        nirav2003

Thanks for the explanation.

It looks like the only difference is in build.xml

Can you share what you change in build.xml? (I am not good with the build tools.)

• 9. Re: how to install the jbpm5 to work on mysql database
                          nirav2003

Finally I found the problem.

Anyone using MySql 5 and above needs different dialect for hibernate.

Use MySQL5InnoDBDialect instead of MySQLInnoDBDialect.

Everything is fine after changing the dialect.

Thanks everyone for your contribution. Specially AUNG MYO ZAW.

• 10. Re: how to install the jbpm5 to work on mysql database
                            chaitanya1987

Hello Everyone,

I am getting an exception when configuring jbpm 5.1 on jboss 5.1 with mysql 5.1.

I have modified hibernate.cfg.xml, persistence.xml, testDS1.xml, jbpm-human-task-5.1.0.Final.jar and I am able to export the jbpm schema in my sql tables.

4 new tables : eventtypes, processinstanceinfo,sessioninfo, workiteminfo got created into the database named jbpm_demo within mysql.

However when i try to open the console i get the above exception.

I think the exception is comming due to modifications required in jbpm-human-task-5.1.0.Final.jar . Did anyone face the similar exception (Exception stack trace @ bottom)

Here is the information from the modified files @ the time of exception:

jbpm-human-task-5.1.0.Final.jar: persistence.xml :

<properties>

<property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect"/>

<property name="hibernate.connection.url" value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/JBPM_DEMO?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8" />

<property name="hibernate.connection.username" value="root"/>

<property name="hibernate.connection.password" value=""/>

</properties>

Hibernate.cfg.xml :

<session-factory>

<!-- Database connection settings -->

<property name="connection.driver_class">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</property>

<property name="connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jbpm_demo?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8</property>

<!--property name="connection.url">jdbc:h2:file:/NotBackedUp/data/mydb</property-->

<property name="connection.username">root</property>

<property name="connection.password"></property>

<!-- JDBC connection pool (use the built-in) -->

<property name="connection.pool_size">1</property>

<!-- SQL dialect -->

<property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect</property>

<!-- Enable Hibernate's automatic session context management -->

<property name="current_session_context_class">thread</property>

<!-- Disable the second-level cache  -->

<property name="cache.provider_class">org.hibernate.cache.NoCacheProvider</property>

<!-- Echo all executed SQL to stdout -->

<property name="show_sql">false</property>

<!-- Drop and re-create the database schema on startup? -->

<property name="hbm2ddl.auto">create</property>

<mapping resource="AuditLog.hbm.xml"/>

</session-factory>

Persistence.xml :

<persistence-unit name="org.jbpm.persistence.jpa" transaction-type="JTA">

<jta-data-source>java:jdbc/jbpmDatasource</jta-data-source>     

<mapping-file>META-INF/JBPMorm.xml</mapping-file>

<class>org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo</class>

<class>org.drools.persistence.info.SessionInfo</class>

<class>org.drools.persistence.info.WorkItemInfo</class>

<properties>

<property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect"/>       

<property name="hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class" value="org.hibernate.transaction.JBossTransactionManagerLookup" />

</properties>      

</persistence-unit>

TestDS1.xml :

<local-tx-datasource>

<jndi-name>jdbc/jbpmDatasource</jndi-name>

<connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jbpm_demo?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8</connection-url>

<!--connection-url>jdbc:h2:mem:mydb</connection-url-->

<driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>

<user-name>root</user-name>

<password></password>

</local-tx-datasource>

EXCEPTION STACK TRACE

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [Configuration] Reading mappings from resource : META-INF/JBPMorm.xml

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [QueryBinder] Binding Named query: ProcessInstancesWaitingForEvent => select processInstanceInfo.processInstanceId from ProcessInstanceInfo processInstanceInfo where :type in elements(processInstanceInfo.eventTypes)

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [AnnotationBinder] Binding entity from annotated class: org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [EntityBinder] Bind entity org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo on table ProcessInstanceInfo

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [AnnotationBinder] Binding entity from annotated class: org.drools.persistence.info.SessionInfo

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [EntityBinder] Bind entity org.drools.persistence.info.SessionInfo on table SessionInfo

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [AnnotationBinder] Binding entity from annotated class: org.drools.persistence.info.WorkItemInfo

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [EntityBinder] Bind entity org.drools.persistence.info.WorkItemInfo on table WorkItemInfo

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [HibernateSearchEventListenerRegister] Unable to find org.hibernate.search.event.FullTextIndexEventListener on the classpath. Hibernate Search is not enabled.

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [NamingHelper] JNDI InitialContext properties:{}

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [DatasourceConnectionProvider] Using datasource: java:jdbc/jbpmDatasource

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] RDBMS: MySQL, version: 5.1.58-community

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] JDBC driver: MySQL-AB JDBC Driver, version: mysql-connector-java-5.1.17 ( Revision: ${bzr.revision-id} )

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [Dialect] Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [TransactionFactoryFactory] Transaction strategy: org.hibernate.ejb.transaction.JoinableCMTTransactionFactory

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [TransactionManagerLookupFactory] instantiating TransactionManagerLookup: org.hibernate.transaction.JBossTransactionManagerLookup

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [TransactionManagerLookupFactory] instantiated TransactionManagerLookup

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Automatic flush during beforeCompletion(): disabled

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Automatic session close at end of transaction: disabled

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] JDBC batch size: 15

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] JDBC batch updates for versioned data: disabled

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Scrollable result sets: enabled

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] JDBC3 getGeneratedKeys(): enabled

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Connection release mode: auto

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Maximum outer join fetch depth: 3

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Default batch fetch size: 1

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Generate SQL with comments: disabled

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Order SQL updates by primary key: disabled

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Order SQL inserts for batching: disabled

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Query translator: org.hibernate.hql.ast.ASTQueryTranslatorFactory

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [ASTQueryTranslatorFactory] Using ASTQueryTranslatorFactory

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Query language substitutions: {}

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] JPA-QL strict compliance: enabled

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Second-level cache: enabled

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Query cache: disabled

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Cache region factory : org.hibernate.cache.impl.NoCachingRegionFactory

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Optimize cache for minimal puts: disabled

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Structured second-level cache entries: disabled

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Statistics: disabled

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Deleted entity synthetic identifier rollback: disabled

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Default entity-mode: pojo

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Named query checking : enabled

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SessionFactoryImpl] building session factory

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SessionFactoryObjectFactory] Not binding factory to JNDI, no JNDI name configured

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SchemaExport] Running hbm2ddl schema export

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SchemaExport] exporting generated schema to database

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [SchemaExport] schema export complete

25.07.2011 18:56:43 INFO  [NamingHelper] JNDI InitialContext properties:{}

25.07.2011 18:56:44 INFO  [STDOUT] Loading session data ...

25.07.2011 18:56:44 INFO  [STDOUT] Error loading session data: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

25.07.2011 18:56:44 INFO  [STDOUT] Creating new session data ...

25.07.2011 18:56:45 ERROR [[Resteasy]] Servlet.service() for servlet Resteasy threw exception

org.jboss.resteasy.spi.UnhandledException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not initialize stateful knowledge session: Could not connect task client

at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleApplicationException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:319)

at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:230)

at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleInvokerException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:206)

at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:360)

at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:173)

at org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:93)

at org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:68)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.jboss.bpm.console.server.util.GWTJsonFilter.doFilter(GWTJsonFilter.java:59)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:190)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:525)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:92)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.process(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:126)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.invoke(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:70)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:158)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:330)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:829)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:598)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not initialize stateful knowledge session: Could not connect task client

at org.jbpm.integration.console.CommandDelegate.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(CommandDelegate.java:185)

at org.jbpm.integration.console.CommandDelegate.getSession(CommandDelegate.java:193)

at org.jbpm.integration.console.CommandDelegate.<init>(CommandDelegate.java:71)

at org.jbpm.integration.console.ProcessManagement.<init>(ProcessManagement.java:35)

at org.jbpm.integration.console.ManagementFactory.createProcessManagement(ManagementFactory.java:22)

at org.jbpm.integration.console.ManagementFactory.createProcessManagement(ManagementFactory.java:19)

at org.jboss.bpm.console.server.ProcessMgmtFacade.getProcessManagement(ProcessMgmtFacade.java:98)

at org.jboss.bpm.console.server.ProcessMgmtFacade.getDefinitionsJSON(ProcessMgmtFacade.java:122)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.jboss.resteasy.core.MethodInjectorImpl.invoke(MethodInjectorImpl.java:117)

at org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invokeOnTarget(ResourceMethod.java:260)

at org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invoke(ResourceMethod.java:232)

at org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invoke(ResourceMethod.java:166)

at org.jboss.resteasy.core.DispatcherUtilities.getJaxrsResponse(DispatcherUtilities.java:142)

at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:356)

... 28 more

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not connect task client

at org.jbpm.process.workitem.wsht.CommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler.connect(CommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler.java:88)

at org.jbpm.integration.console.CommandDelegate.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(CommandDelegate.java:181)

... 45 more

• 11. Re: how to install the jbpm5 to work on mysql database
                              erikv

How come no one mentions the jBPM-ds.xml file in this discussion? Don't we have to change this one too, or is it unused somehow ?

• 12. Re: how to install the jbpm5 to work on mysql database
                                nirav2003

If you are using jBPM-ds.xml to create base structure. Yes you need to change. You may skip it by creating base strucrute using provided SQL scripts.

• 13. Re: how to install the jbpm5 to work on mysql database
                                  erikv

The main problem for me is that my installer zip file, jbpm-5.2.0.Final-installer-full.zip, doesn't contain any sql scripts for mysql.

The documentation in this thread was insufficient to get that version working with mysql. I found out that in the included jboss 7 you need to install the mysql driver as described in http://planet.jboss.org/view/post.seam?post=how_to_create_and_manage_datasources_in_as7. In jboss as 7 apparently the jbpm datasource is defined in standalone.xml, and I'm about sure that a port to mysql cannot be achieved without changing that file too.

Puzzling all pieces together I currently have a 5.2.0 working on mysql, the only remaining problem is that in the demo scenario the workflow diagram always remains in the start state, even when krisv did a self evaluation.

My gut feeling is that 5.2 is not production quality yet today, I'll create a separate post to see what the rest of the world thinks about this ...

• 14. Re: how to install the jbpm5 to work on mysql database
                                    pankajm

Nirav, I am trying to install jbpm-5.3, I have followed steps which need to be change but i can't able to see the database table structure in mysql database.

Regarding "SQL scripts" mentioned by you, i can't able to find it in jbpm-5.3.

1 2 Previous Next