3 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2011 9:43 AM by tejones

'Generate JBossWS-CXF War' complains about JRE

scottdawson

My development setup is Eclipse Helios 3.6.2, Teiid Designer 7.3, Sun JDK 1.6.

I'm trying to run the 'Generate JBossWS-CXF War' option for a VDB in Teiid Designer. When I run it, I get a dialog with an error message about the feature requiring JDK 6 and I'm using a JRE or an older JDK, however, I only have one JRE configured in Eclipse and it is definitely a full JDK 1.6. If I continue with the generation, I get a warfile with only the uncompiled Java. Can someone tell me how to reconfigure things so this will work?

Also, is there any "formal" documentation explaining how to expose a Teiid VDB as a web service? I've pieced together a process from various wiki pages and forum posts, but I have no confidence that I'm doing things in the right order. My scenario is very simple. I just want to create (for starters), a simple web service that performs a query and returns the results. I would prefer not to provide the WSDL as I'd have to hand-craft it.

Thanks,

Scott

• 1. Re: 'Generate JBossWS-CXF War' complains about JRE
          tejones

Scott,

To assure Designer is using a JDK and not a JRE, pass -vm <path to java jdk vm> (Executable, Main) to the Eclipse command line. I have a shortcut where I pass mine in.

The formal documentation was limited in the JBDS 4.0 docs. This has been rectified for future releases. It sounds like you already found some blogs that talk about how to expose Teiid as a web service. You can also load the Portfolio Web Service example from Help->Project Examples->Teiid Designer. It has a readme with step-by-step instructions.

Please let me know if you need more insight.

Thanks,

Ted

• 2. 'Generate JBossWS-CXF War' complains about JRE
            scottdawson

Ted,

Thanks for the quick response! The -vm argument fixed the "generate war" problem. In my case, my shortcut (on Windows) now has this path:

C:\eclipse-helios-3.6.2\eclipse\eclipse.exe -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_18\bin\javaw.exe"

I don't have a "Help->Project Examples" menu item, so I'm a little confused by that, but I see the Portfolio Web Service example here: http://www.jboss.org/teiiddesigner/downloads/examples so I'll download it and see what I can learn.

Thanks again,

Scott

• 3. 'Generate JBossWS-CXF War' complains about JRE
              tejones

Scott,

Glad you were able to get past the JDK issue. The Portfolio Web Service example on http://www.jboss.org/teiiddesigner/downloads/examples is the same one that is located via Help->Project Examples. Project Examples are only available via JBoss Tools or JBDS. If you have loaded Designer as a standalone plugin, you won't see that menu option.

Thanks,

Ted