1 2 3 Previous Next 38 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2011 10:57 AM by wolfgangknauf

Trouble with running JSFUnit 2.0Beta1

wolfgangknauf

Hi everybody,

after days of struggling with JSFUnit 2.0Beta1, Arquillian, Eclipse and especially M2Eclipe (the changes in 2.0 forced me to take a look at Maven :-( ), I am at a point where my simple war file is deployed to the server. But the test fails with this exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/jsfunit/jsfsession/JSFServerSession

"JSFServerSession" is the parameter for my test method.

Taking a look at the test.war, which is in the deploy directory for some seconds, I see that WEB-INF\lib only contains those files: arquillian-core.jar, arquillian-jboss-testenrichers.jar, arquillian-junit.jar, arquillian-protocol.jar - but no JSFUnit related JARs.

My pom.xml is attached. Probably it is full of errors, but these are my first steps with Maven, without a good starting doc, but the will to make JSFUnit 2.0 work with my good olde Eclipse Dynamic Web Project...

Best regards

Wolfgang

• 1. Re: Trouble with running JSFUnit 2.0Beta1
          ssilvert

Hi Wolfgang,

When you run with Arquillian, all the JSFUnit core classes, including JSFServerSession, are put into a jar called arquillian-jsfunit.jar.  This jar is built on the fly via the JSFUnitArchiveAppender.  This appender is in the jsfunit-arquillian.jar.  Arquillian knows to call the JSFUnitArchiveAppender because it is declared in the META-INF/services in jsfunit-arquillian.jar.

So that brings us to your test code.  Did you include @RunWith(Arquillian.class) in your test?

Also, if you should put an arquillian.xml file in src/test/resources.  Put this in the file for JBoss 6 remote:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<arquillian xmlns="http://jboss.com/arquillian"
                      xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
                      xmlns:jboss="urn:arq:org.jboss.arquillian.container.jbossas.remote_6">

<engine>
              <deploymentExportPath>target/</deploymentExportPath>
            </engine>

</arquillian>

Then a copy of the WAR file created by shrinkwrap will end up in your target directory.

Stan

• 2. Re: Trouble with running JSFUnit 2.0Beta1
            wolfgangknauf

Hi Stan,

thanks for your help. Unfortunately, this did not help me. I tried different things (without actually knowing what I do ;-)), but the error did not change.

When executing the test, I see this console output for the unit test. Does this mean something (especially the "Could not read active container configuration: null" error):

09.05.2011 22:27:42 org.jboss.arquillian.impl.client.container.ContainerRegistryCreator getActivatedConfiguration

INFO: Could not read active container configuration: null

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory).

log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

My test class looks like this:

{code}

@RunWith(Arquillian.class)

public class GeometricModelTest

{

@Deployment

public static WebArchive createDeployment()

{

WebArchive war =ShrinkWrap.create(WebArchive.class, "test.war");

war

.setWebXML(new File("WebContent/WEB-INF/web.xml"))

.addClasses(GeometricModelHandler.class, Historie.class, Seitenlaengen.class)

.addAsWebResource(new File("WebContent", "index.jsp"))

.addAsWebResource(new File("WebContent", "geometricmodel.jsp"))

.addAsWebResource(new File("WebContent/WEB-INF/faces-config.xml"), "faces-config.xml");

return war;

}

@Test

@InitialPage("/index.faces")

public void testInitialPage(JSFServerSession server, JSFClientSession client) throws IOException

{

Assert.assertEquals("/index.jsp", server.getCurrentViewID());

System.err.println("TEST ist running!");

}

}

{code}

I tried to follow the Arquillian on using Arquillian and M2Eclipse tutorial here: http://docs.jboss.org/arquillian/reference/latest/en-US/html/gettingstarted.html#d0e574

But to make my project fit into an existing Eclipse Dynamic Web Project, I changed e.g. source and build path in pom.xml (attachment of my first post). And in the "Run Configuration" for the JUnit tests, I had to remove the project dependencies from ClassPath (error "command line too long" because of the WTP included JBoss runtime). Both the "Maven dependencies" classpath entry is still in the run configuration.

Best regards

Wolfgang

• 3. Trouble with running JSFUnit 2.0Beta1
              wolfgangknauf

Just to clarify things a bit: when trying to fit the M2Eclipse settings to my existing "Dynamic Web Project", I changed some path mappings (see pom.xml):

<build>

<sourceDirectory>src</sourceDirectory>

<outputDirectory>build/classes</outputDirectory>

So I don't have a directory "target/" in my project any longer.

Where might a file "arquillian.xml" be placed in my situation? And how should the "deploymentExportPath" value look like? Could you give me a short hint what this file is good for?

Best regards

Wolfgang

• 4. Trouble with running JSFUnit 2.0Beta1
                ssilvert

I think you need to get this working from the command line before you try to integrate with Eclipse.  I would suggest that you try to download and run the example and then use it as a template.

I don't know anything about Eclipse, so I can't help with that.  Once MavenJSFUnit/Arquillian is running from the command line, you can go to the Arquillian forum to get help on Eclipse integration.

In general, it's a bad idea to change the default directories for Maven.  Using the defaults keeps your project in line with every other Maven project.  So, anyone looking at your project will know where to find everything.  And, when you get help, someone like me can tell you where to make your changes.

You need to put your arquillian.xml file in the src/test/resources directory.  Arquillian will find it there.

BTW, what container are you trying to use? 

Stan

• 5. Trouble with running JSFUnit 2.0Beta1
                  wolfgangknauf

Hi Stan,

I made a step backwards and started with a maven archetype project "webapp-javaee6" instead of trying to map it to my old DynamicWebProject (http://blog.goyello.com/2010/06/15/how-to-create-java-web-application-with-eclipse-wtp-and-m2eclipse/

And after a long search, I found that my pom.xml pointed to Arquillian 1.0.0.5.Alpha, which is not compatible with JSFUnit2.0.0.Beta1: http://community.jboss.org/thread/164565

But now I am stuck once again and get strange ClassNotFoundExceptions. Do you have any idea? "pom.xml" is basically the same as in my post above.

org.jboss.arquillian.impl.event.FiredEventException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load found class org.jboss.arquillian.testenricher.cdi.MethodParameterInjectionPoint$ArgumentAnnotated

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.event.MapEventManager.fire(MapEventManager.java:68)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.context.AbstractEventContext.fire(AbstractEventContext.java:115)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.EventTestRunnerAdaptor.beforeClass(EventTestRunnerAdaptor.java:96)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$2.evaluate(Arquillian.java:162)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$3$1.evaluate(Arquillian.java:186)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$MultiStatementExecutor.execute(Arquillian.java:297)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$3.evaluate(Arquillian.java:182)

at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:236)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian.run(Arquillian.java:127)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:35)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:146)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:97)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$ClassLoaderProxy.invoke(ProviderFactory.java:103)

at $Proxy0.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.invokeProvider(SurefireStarter.java:145)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireStarter.java:87)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:69)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load found class org.jboss.arquillian.testenricher.cdi.MethodParameterInjectionPoint$ArgumentAnnotated

at org.jboss.shrinkwrap.impl.base.container.ContainerBase$2.classFound(ContainerBase.java:994)

at org.jboss.shrinkwrap.impl.base.URLPackageScanner.foundClass(URLPackageScanner.java:204)

at org.jboss.shrinkwrap.impl.base.URLPackageScanner.handleArchiveByFile(URLPackageScanner.java:159)

at org.jboss.shrinkwrap.impl.base.URLPackageScanner.handle(URLPackageScanner.java:181)

at org.jboss.shrinkwrap.impl.base.URLPackageScanner.scanPackage(URLPackageScanner.java:132)

at org.jboss.shrinkwrap.impl.base.container.ContainerBase.addPackages(ContainerBase.java:1003)

at org.jboss.shrinkwrap.impl.base.container.ContainerBase.addPackages(ContainerBase.java:957)

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.jbossas.remote_6.JBossASDeploymentAppender.createAuxiliaryArchive(JBossASDeploymentAppender.java:42)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.ClientDeploymentGenerator.loadAuxiliaryArchives(ClientDeploymentGenerator.java:75)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.ClientDeploymentGenerator.generate(ClientDeploymentGenerator.java:62)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.handler.ArchiveGenerator.callback(ArchiveGenerator.java:52)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.handler.ArchiveGenerator.callback(ArchiveGenerator.java:42)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.event.MapEventManager.fire(MapEventManager.java:63)

... 20 more

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/enterprise/inject/spi/AnnotatedParameter

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.shrinkwrap.impl.base.container.ContainerBase$2.classFound(ContainerBase.java:986)

... 32 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.enterprise.inject.spi.AnnotatedParameter

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

... 45 more

de.fhw.komponentenarchitekturen.knauf.jsf.GeometricModelTest  Time elapsed: 0.016 sec  <<< ERROR!

org.jboss.arquillian.impl.event.FiredEventException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No org.jboss.shrinkwrap.api.Archive found in context

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.event.MapEventManager.fire(MapEventManager.java:68)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.context.AbstractEventContext.fire(AbstractEventContext.java:115)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.EventTestRunnerAdaptor.afterClass(EventTestRunnerAdaptor.java:108)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$3$2.evaluate(Arquillian.java:190)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$MultiStatementExecutor.execute(Arquillian.java:297)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$3.evaluate(Arquillian.java:182)

at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:236)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian.run(Arquillian.java:127)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:35)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:146)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:97)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$ClassLoaderProxy.invoke(ProviderFactory.java:103)

at $Proxy0.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.invokeProvider(SurefireStarter.java:145)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireStarter.java:87)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:69)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No org.jboss.shrinkwrap.api.Archive found in context

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.Validate.stateNotNull(Validate.java:75)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.handler.ContainerUndeployer.callback(ContainerUndeployer.java:58)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.handler.ContainerUndeployer.callback(ContainerUndeployer.java:47)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.event.MapEventManager.fire(MapEventManager.java:63)

... 19 more

Best regards

Wolfgang

• 6. Trouble with running JSFUnit 2.0Beta1
                    ssilvert

This is your problem:

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/enterprise/inject/spi/AnnotatedParameter

So you need to add:

<dependency>

<groupId>javax.enterprise</groupId>

<artifactId>cdi-api</artifactId>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

Are you using JBoss 6 with Arquillian remote mode?

I also need to ask how anxious you are to get this to work.  I really wish you could work with the latest getting started example as a template.  It takes a little extra work to use that right now because it's in flux.  But soon I'll be doing a release.  (I know I keep saying that and it doesn't happen, but I WILL get it done.  Right now I'm waiting for Arquillian Beta to finally be released.  It's suppossed to happen this week.)

Stan

• 7. Trouble with running JSFUnit 2.0Beta1
                      wolfgangknauf

Hi Stan,

thanks for the help. It will take some days until I can give it a try...

> Are you using JBoss 6 with Arquillian remote mode?

yes

> I also need to ask how anxious you are to get this to work.

it is just playing around with JSFUnit - but when I start such a thing, I won't give up until it works ;-).

Yesterday, I had the intention to take a look at your sample, but forgot about it ;-). Thanks for posting the link. It seems my project is very similar to your sample, so I hope that only a depedency is missing and then it will start.

Every piece of doc that I can find (which is not much for Arquillian) declares different pom dependencies :-(.

Best regards

Wolfgang

• 8. Trouble with running JSFUnit 2.0Beta1
                        wolfgangknauf

Hi Stan,

adding a dependency on "javax.enterprise:cdi-api:1.0-SP1"  resolved the error. But as I run into other problems, I tried to run your sample. This failed with this error message:

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

[INFO] Total time: 14.140s

[INFO] Finished at: Fri May 13 22:50:15 CEST 2011

[INFO] Final Memory: 20M/48M

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project gettingstarted: Could not resolve dependencies

for project org.jboss.jsfunit:gettingstarted:war:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure

to find org.jboss.jsfunit:jsfunit-arquillian:jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT in

https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/public was cached in the local repository,

resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of jboss-public-repository-group

has elapsed or updates are forced

Best regards

Wolfgang

By the way: I think there is a small error in the gettingstarted pom.xml? It contains:

<dependency>

<groupId>com.sun.faces</groupId>

<artifactId>jsf-api</artifactId>

<version>2.0.4-b03</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

When using m2eclipse, this resulted in this error:

"Missing artifact com.sun.faces:jsf-api:jar:2.0.4-b03:provided"

which is correct, https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jboss/javax/faces/jsf-api/ does not contain this specific version.

But it is at http://download.java.net/maven/2/ (I saw this URL also in one of the JSFUnit poms).

• 9. Trouble with running JSFUnit 2.0Beta1
                          ssilvert

If you look at the getting started doc, you'll see that I left a note at the top about that.  You have to pull down the other JFUnit source and build it so you can get the 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.  For the next release, I'll do a non-volitile version of getting started.

Thanks for pointing out the problem with 2.0.4-b03.  It was in my local repo so I didn't get an error. The actual problem was that the pom was poining to an old JBoss repo link.  I've updated the pom and committed the fix.

Stan

• 10. Re: Trouble with running JSFUnit 2.0Beta1
                            wolfgangknauf

Ooops, I should have seen this note. But on the other hand: everyone knows that an author, who makes text bold, actually wants to say "ignore me!" ;-).

After building JSFUnit, I could run the gettingstarted sample. Now I have to find out the differences to my sample. Thanks a lot for the help!

When running "mvn -Pjboss6x" or "mvn -Pjee6,jboss6x" for the JSFUnit sources, the test "org.jboss.jsfunit.example.hellojsf.BasicAuthenticationTest" fails (see error below).

Do I need a Jetty container to run this stuff? I thought that the mvn command would only run JBoss 6 tests?

Best regards

Wolfgang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test set: org.jboss.jsfunit.example.hellojsf.BasicAuthenticationTest

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.032 sec <<< FAILURE!

initializationError(org.jboss.jsfunit.example.hellojsf.BasicAuthenticationTest)  Time elapsed: 0 sec  <<< ERROR!

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not create and startup manager

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.core.ManagerImpl.<init>(ManagerImpl.java:95)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.core.ManagerBuilder.create(ManagerBuilder.java:74)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.DeployableTestBuilder.build(DeployableTestBuilder.java:97)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.DeployableTestBuilder.build(DeployableTestBuilder.java:67)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian.<init>(Arquillian.java:82)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)

at org.junit.internal.builders.AnnotatedBuilder.buildRunner(AnnotatedBuilder.java:31)

at org.junit.internal.builders.AnnotatedBuilder.runnerForClass(AnnotatedBuilder.java:24)

at org.junit.runners.model.RunnerBuilder.safeRunnerForClass(RunnerBuilder.java:57)

at org.junit.internal.builders.AllDefaultPossibilitiesBuilder.runnerForClass(AllDefaultPossibilitiesBuilder.java:29)

at org.junit.runners.model.RunnerBuilder.safeRunnerForClass(RunnerBuilder.java:57)

at org.junit.internal.requests.ClassRequest.getRunner(ClassRequest.java:24)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.<init>(JUnit4TestSet.java:45)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4DirectoryTestSuite.createTestSet(JUnit4DirectoryTestSuite.java:56)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.locateTestSets(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:96)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.createSuiteFromDefinition(Surefire.java:209)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:156)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:345)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:1009)

Caused by: org.jboss.arquillian.impl.domain.ContainerCreationException: Could not create Container jetty

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.domain.ContainerRegistry.create(ContainerRegistry.java:78)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.client.container.ContainerRegistryCreator.createRegistry(ContainerRegistryCreator.java:67)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.core.ObserverImpl.invoke(ObserverImpl.java:90)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.core.EventContextImpl.invokeObservers(EventContextImpl.java:98)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.core.EventContextImpl.proceed(EventContextImpl.java:80)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.core.ManagerImpl.fire(ManagerImpl.java:126)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.core.ManagerImpl.fire(ManagerImpl.java:106)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.core.ManagerImpl.bindAndFire(ManagerImpl.java:221)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.core.InstanceImpl.set(InstanceImpl.java:74)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.bootstrap.ConfigurationRegistrar.loadConfiguration(ConfigurationRegistrar.java:58)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.core.ObserverImpl.invoke(ObserverImpl.java:90)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.core.EventContextImpl.invokeObservers(EventContextImpl.java:98)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.core.EventContextImpl.proceed(EventContextImpl.java:80)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.core.ManagerImpl.fire(ManagerImpl.java:126)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.core.ManagerImpl.fire(ManagerImpl.java:106)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.core.ManagerImpl.<init>(ManagerImpl.java:91)

... 25 more

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No implementation found for org.jboss.arquillian.spi.client.container.DeployableContainer, please check your classpath

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.DynamicServiceLoader.verifyOnlyOneOrSameImplementation(DynamicServiceLoader.java:134)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.DynamicServiceLoader.onlyOne(DynamicServiceLoader.java:92)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.domain.ContainerRegistry.create(ContainerRegistry.java:69)

... 48 more

• 11. Re: Trouble with running JSFUnit 2.0Beta1
                              wolfgangknauf

I tried to make my sample appear like your "gettingstarted" sample (beside a different jsf page and three java classes), but I cannot manage to make it run (even using "mvn" by command line ;-)).

My test always fails with this error:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jboss.jsfunit.jsfsession.JSFServerSession.getCurrentViewID(JSFServerSession.java:79)

Do you have any idea? If it helps, I can post my app, but currently I feel a bit ashamed of it, because my project is not truely nice looking ;-).

The gettingstarted sample works, so I think it is not a general maven problem.

Best regards

Wolfgang

• 12. Re: Trouble with running JSFUnit 2.0Beta1
                                ssilvert

Hi Wolfgang,

Sorry I missed your post on Saturday.  I guess you figured out that you need to start AS6 and pass -Pjbossas-remote-6 to the maven command line to run the example with AS6?  

As for your problem today, I'm not sure off hand.  The error is saying that it can't find FacesContext at a very early point in the process.  So it's some sort of initialization problem.

If you start with the getting started app as a template and then add things to it, that should work.

Stan

• 13. Re: Trouble with running JSFUnit 2.0Beta1
                                  wolfgangknauf

Hi Stan,

Shame on me, I made a really silly error ;-): My "@InitialPage" annotation pointed to "index.faces", but "index.jsp" in my sample is just a plain JSP page, which does not contain any JSF tags, it has only a "click me" link to my JSF page. Seems no FacesContext was created in this case.

With the "real" JSF page, it worked.... How dumb of me - took me hours over hours to find this :-(

Sorry to bother you with all this stuff! But when I get a working sample with Eclipse integration, I will post a tutorial ;-).

About the failing JSF unit sources build (I did a SVN update before):

I start it with this batch (Maven args taken from the "Building JSFUnit" page linked from the "JSFUnit 2.0.0 "Getting Started" Example" - maybe the "-P" values are wrong?) :

set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_24

set JBOSS_HOME=C:\temp\jboss-6.0.0.Final

C:\temp\apache-maven-3.0.3\bin\mvn.bat -Pjee6,jboss6x

This resulted in this console output (and the error from my previous post)

=========================================================

[INFO] Building arquillian hellojsf example 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.0-beta-1:enforce (enforce-plugin-versions) @

arquillian-hellojsf ---

[WARNING] This rule is not compatible with the current version of Maven. The rul

e is not able to perform any checks.

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.0-beta-1:enforce (enforce-java-version) @ arq

uillian-hellojsf ---

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.0-beta-1:enforce (enforce-maven-version) @ ar

quillian-hellojsf ---

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.4.1:resources (default-resources) @ arquilli

an-hellojsf ---

[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.

[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory C:\temp\jfsunit-2.0.0.Snapshot\exampl

es-arquillian\hellojsf\src\main\resources

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:compile (default-compile) @ arquillian-he

llojsf ---

[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.4.1:testResources (default-testResources) @

arquillian-hellojsf ---

[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.

[INFO] Copying 1 resource

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:testCompile (default-testCompile) @ arqui

llian-hellojsf ---

[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-surefire-plugin:2.4.3:test (default-test) @ arquillian-hellojsf

---

[INFO] Surefire report directory: C:\temp\jfsunit-2.0.0.Snapshot\examples-arquil

lian\hellojsf\target\surefire-reports

19.05.2011 20:00:18 org.jboss.arquillian.impl.client.container.ContainerRegistry

Creator getActivatedConfiguration

INFO: Could not read active container configuration: null

-------------------------------------------------------

T E S T S

-------------------------------------------------------

Running org.jboss.jsfunit.example.hellojsf.BasicAuthenticationTest

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.172 sec <<< FA

ILURE!

Running org.jboss.jsfunit.example.hellojsf.FasadeAPICDITest

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec <<< FAILUR

E!

Running org.jboss.jsfunit.example.hellojsf.FormAuthenticationTest

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec <<< FAILUR

E!

Running org.jboss.jsfunit.example.hellojsf.FasadeAPINonCDITest

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.015 sec <<< FA

ILURE!

Results :

Tests in error:

initializationError(org.jboss.jsfunit.example.hellojsf.BasicAuthenticationTest

)

initializationError(org.jboss.jsfunit.example.hellojsf.FasadeAPICDITest)

initializationError(org.jboss.jsfunit.example.hellojsf.FormAuthenticationTest)

initializationError(org.jboss.jsfunit.example.hellojsf.FasadeAPINonCDITest)

Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 4, Skipped: 0

[INFO] Reactor Summary:

[INFO]

[INFO] JSFUnit ........................................... SUCCESS [5.781s]

[INFO] JSFUnit Core ...................................... SUCCESS [8.969s]

[INFO] JSFUnit Cactus Integration ........................ SUCCESS [0.906s]

[INFO] JSFUnit Arquillian Integration .................... SUCCESS [1.109s]

[INFO] JSFUnit RichFaces Support ......................... SUCCESS [0.844s]

[INFO] JSFUnit Core Ant Tasks ............................ SUCCESS [0.625s]

[INFO] examples-arquillian ............................... SUCCESS [0.828s]

[INFO] arquillian hellojsf example ....................... FAILURE [3.344s]

[INFO] JSFUnit Analysis .................................. SKIPPED

[INFO] JSFUnit Examples .................................. SKIPPED

[INFO] HelloJSF Example App .............................. SKIPPED

[INFO] HelloJSF Example Web App .......................... SKIPPED

[INFO] HelloJSF JSFUnit Integration Test ................. SKIPPED

[INFO] HelloJSF JSFUnit Servlet 3 and JEE6 Tests ......... SKIPPED

[INFO] HelloJSF JSFUnit test with path-mapped FacesServlet  SKIPPED

[INFO] Example tests for Ajax4JSF sample app ............. SKIPPED

[INFO] Test RichFaces demo app ........................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Example Apps ................................. SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Registration Example ......................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Registration WAR Module ...................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Registration EJB Module ...................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Registration EAR Module ...................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Booking Example .............................. SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Booking EJB Module ........................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Booking WAR Module ........................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Booking EAR Module ........................... SKIPPED

[INFO] JSFUnit Microcontainer deployer ................... SKIPPED

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

[INFO] Total time: 23.344s

[INFO] Finished at: Thu May 19 20:00:18 CEST 2011

[INFO] Final Memory: 10M/24M

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.

4.3:test (default-test) on project arquillian-hellojsf: There are test failures.

[ERROR]

[ERROR] Please refer to C:\temp\jfsunit-2.0.0.Snapshot\examples-arquillian\hello

jsf\target\surefire-reports for the individual test results.

[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e swit

ch.

[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

[ERROR]

[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please rea

d the following articles:

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureExc

eption

[ERROR]

[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command

[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :arquillian-hellojsf

=============================================================

After reading your last post, I tried it with "mvn.bat -Pjbossas-remote-6 test":

[INFO] Reactor Summary:

[INFO]

[INFO] JSFUnit ........................................... SUCCESS [0.375s]

[INFO] JSFUnit Core ...................................... SUCCESS [1.266s]

[INFO] JSFUnit Cactus Integration ........................ SUCCESS [0.109s]

[INFO] JSFUnit Arquillian Integration .................... SUCCESS [0.235s]

[INFO] JSFUnit RichFaces Support ......................... SUCCESS [0.093s]

[INFO] JSFUnit Core Ant Tasks ............................ SUCCESS [0.079s]

[INFO] examples-arquillian ............................... SUCCESS [1:01.875s]

[INFO] arquillian hellojsf example ....................... SUCCESS [6.109s]

[INFO] JSFUnit Analysis .................................. SUCCESS [8.391s]

[INFO] JSFUnit Examples .................................. SUCCESS [0.015s]

[INFO] HelloJSF Example App .............................. SUCCESS [0.000s]

[INFO] HelloJSF Example Web App .......................... FAILURE [0.922s]

[INFO] HelloJSF JSFUnit Integration Test ................. SKIPPED

[INFO] HelloJSF JSFUnit Servlet 3 and JEE6 Tests ......... SKIPPED

[INFO] HelloJSF JSFUnit test with path-mapped FacesServlet  SKIPPED

[INFO] Example tests for Ajax4JSF sample app ............. SKIPPED

[INFO] Test RichFaces demo app ........................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Example Apps ................................. SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Registration Example ......................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Registration WAR Module ...................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Registration EJB Module ...................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Registration EAR Module ...................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Booking Example .............................. SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Booking EJB Module ........................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Booking WAR Module ........................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Seam Booking EAR Module ........................... SKIPPED

[INFO] JSFUnit Microcontainer deployer ................... SKIPPED

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

[INFO] Total time: 1:20.016s

[INFO] Finished at: Thu May 19 20:13:23 CEST 2011

[INFO] Final Memory: 28M/67M

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.

0.2:compile (default-compile) on project jboss-jsfunit-examples-hellojsf-webapp:

Compilation failure: Compilation failure:

[ERROR] C:\temp\jfsunit-2.0.0.Snapshot\jboss-jsfunit-examples\jboss-jsfunit-exam

ples-hellojsf\jboss-jsfunit-examples-hellojsf-webapp\src\main\java\org\jboss\jsf

unit\example\hellojsf\Marathons.java:[28,26] package javax.faces.context does no

t exist

[ERROR]

[ERROR] C:\temp\jfsunit-2.0.0.Snapshot\jboss-jsfunit-examples\jboss-jsfunit-exam

ples-hellojsf\jboss-jsfunit-examples-hellojsf-webapp\src\main\java\org\jboss\jsf

unit\example\hellojsf\Marathons.java:[59,6] cannot find symbol

[ERROR] symbol  : class FacesContext

[ERROR] location: class org.jboss.jsfunit.example.hellojsf.Marathons

[ERROR]

unit\example\hellojsf\Marathons.java:[59,25] cannot find symbol

[ERROR] symbol  : variable FacesContext

[ERROR]

unit\example\hellojsf\Marathons.java:[67,6] cannot find symbol

[ERROR] symbol  : class FacesContext

[ERROR]

unit\example\hellojsf\Marathons.java:[67,25] cannot find symbol

[ERROR] symbol  : variable FacesContext

==================================

So, what is the correct "-P" argument to build the full JSFUnit source bundle?

Best regards

Wolfgang

• 14. Re: Trouble with running JSFUnit 2.0Beta1
                                    wolfgangknauf

A new problem :-(: did the JBoss guys switch off http://repository.jboss.org/maven2 (probably a deprecated repository)? I get a 403 when running a build.

My own sample project now fails with this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project JSFUnit2Test2: Could not resolve depen

dencies for project JSFUnit2Test2:JSFUnit2Test2:war:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT: Failed to co

llect dependencies for [junit:junit:jar:4.8.1 (test), org.jboss.jsfunit:jsfunit-

arquillian:jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT (test), org.jboss.arquillian:arquillian-junit:jar:

1.0.0.Alpha5 (test), com.sun.faces:jsf-api:jar:2.0.4-b03 (provided), jboss.web:s

ervlet-api:jar:3.0.0-beta-2 (provided), javax.enterprise:cdi-api:jar:1.0-SP1 (pr

ovided), org.jboss.arquillian.container:arquillian-jbossas-remote-6:jar:1.0.0.Al

pha5 (test), org.jboss.jbossas:jboss-as-client:pom:6.0.0.Final (compile)]: Faile

d to read artifact descriptor for trove:trove:jar:2.1.1: Could not transfer arti

fact trove:trove:pom:2.1.1 from/to jboss (http://repository.jboss.org/maven2): A

ccess denied to: http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/trove/trove/2.1.1/trove-2.1.

1.pom

The JSFUnit pom.xml all point to http://repository.jboss.org/maven2, too. But they all still build.

I already tried to kill the whole "trove" directory in my local repository cache, but it still tries to download it from the old JBoss repository and fails.

Strange enough, your JSFUnit sources still build (besides the problems from my last post), so it must be something wrong with my project. But I have the same repositories as your sample pom.xml does. Might Maven cache some broken data?

Hope I don't have to kill my complete repository - my internet is poorly slow - this would be one hour of downloading again :-(.

Best regards

Wolfgang

1 2 3 Previous Next