5 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2011 5:12 PM by rbattenfeld

Great presentation at JBoss World!

rbattenfeld

Hi Andrew, Aslak and Dan

You showed a really fantastic presentation at the JBoss World Summit. I think, the audience was very delighted about Arquillian and Shrinkwrap.

We had a little chat about contribution in the Shrinkwrap development after the presentation. I am happy to help and contribution in this project (also Arquillian is perfect :-) Let me now what makes sense to do for a starter.

Regards,

Ralf

• 1. Re: Great presentation at JBoss World!
          alrubinger

Hey Ralf:

Great meeting you.

So as we discussed, we're really looking to get some steam behind the Descriptors project:

https://github.com/shrinkwrap/descriptors

I think a great start would be to start porting into the API module a well-defined "WebAppDescriptor" interface to fully model web.xml.  There's a good start in place under the "impl" module right now.

Because this is hierarchal data, I think we also need a new interface, something like "Child" which defines a method called "up()".  In this fashion, we can drill down and then get back to parent nodes again without breaking fluency.

Wanna take a stab at this w/ WebAppDescriptor, then we can review your changes?

S,

ALR

• 2. Great presentation at JBoss World!
            aslak

Hey Ralf!

Good to see you back on the forums..

Hope you had a good flight. Personally I fell a sleep before takeoff and woke up during landing. hehe

-aslak-

• 3. Great presentation at JBoss World!
              rbattenfeld

Hi Andrew

Thank you for the web app descriptor task. I will digg into it and will have some beginner questions later this week. I created a clone in github and I am ready to start

-ralf

• 4. Great presentation at JBoss World!
                rbattenfeld

Hi Aslak

Great that you had a pleasent flight back. I was not so lucky and couldn't sleep well. Next time, I should trink red wine as some others do. I think this is the trick:-)

But anyway, the trip to Boston was a great experience for me. Thanks for the nice talk at the airport.

-ralf

• 5. Great presentation at JBoss World!
                  rbattenfeld

Hi Andrew

I think I understund what I have to do and I will working on it in my spare time. I will come back

Thanks

Ralf