5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2012 2:24 AM by georgeajin

How to install jBPM 5.0 on a JBoss AS

xdsticker

I got a AS with modified GateIn, WebServices and ESB. So I just want to use this AS to install jBPM 5.0.

How to install jBPM 5.0 on a allready working JBoss AS. I've red in documentation to use "ant start.demo" but this will download and install a new AS. So what do I need to to?

Thanks for help

• 1. How to install jBPM 5.0 on a JBoss AS
          melc

Hello,

You have to either tweak the build.properties and build.xml files and use start.demo or do manually the work that build.xml does.... I'll try to guide you with tweaking build.properties and build.xml  

First of all make a safety backup copy of your existing jboss installation i.e. copy your jboss directory .

Edit build.properties and set the property jboss.server.version with the version of your jboss installation, the property jboss.home with the path to your jboss installation.

Edit build.xml and replace the line,

<target name="install.demo" depends="install.jboss,install.guvnor.into.jboss,install.designer.into.jboss,install.jBPM-gwt-console.into.jboss,install.eclipse,install.jBPM-eclipse.into.eclipse,install.jBPM.runtime,install.drools-eclipse.into.eclipse" />

with the line,

<target name="install.demo" depends="install.guvnor.into.jboss,install.designer.into.jboss,install.jBPM-gwt-console.into.jboss,install.eclipse,install.jBPM-eclipse.into.eclipse,install.jBPM.runtime,install.drools-eclipse.into.eclipse" />

in other words delete the install.jboss part from the depends attribute value.

Now you may try to run ant install.demo and then ant start.demo .

If you get any exceptions stop the procedure (although ant will probably stop running) and post the exceptions here for further instructions

• 2. Re: How to install jBPM 5.0 on a JBoss AS
            xdsticker

Sry, but there were no exception I've installd the jBPM on my JBoss Server.

When I start the AS out of Eclipse (not ant start.demo), I got an exception about my DBConnection. I gonna list the exceptions:

• org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Verbindung ist unterbrochen: "session closed"
            • Caused by: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Verbindung ist unterbrochen: "session closed"
            • org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Unable to get managed connection for jdbc/testDS1; - nested throwable: (javax.resource.ResourceException: Unable to get managed connection for jdbc/testDS1)

Where do I have to set the DB settings? I wanna use a PostgresDB and its already installed localy.

• 3. How to install jBPM 5.0 on a JBoss AS
              melc

I'm glad everything worked fine so far

In order to change the persistence of jbpm from h2 to some other data source you need to change the values of the jdbc driver, dialect, jdbc connection url,username, password within testDS1-ds.xml and the persistence.xml, hibernate.cfg.xml files found in the following files,

1. jbpm-human-task-5.xxxx.jar (inside META-INF)

2. jbpm-bam-5.xxxx.jar

3. jbpm-gwt-console-server-5.xxxx.war (WEB-INF/classes/META-INF)

4. testDS1-ds.xml after installation is located in jboss (i.e. /jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/testDS1-ds.xml).

p.s.1 After the installation you'll have to replace these jar files after you've changed their persistence.xml and hibernate.cfg.xml, within the runtime folder that has been created and within the jbpm-gwt-console-server.war that is deployed in jboss (i.e. /jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/).

p.s.2 you might want to comment out after the first run the <property name="hbm2ddl.auto">create</property> found inside persistence and hibernate files ,  since this property will recreate the db each time jbpm and the human task are restarted, in other words all data persisted in the jbpm db tables will be deleted.

p.s.3 if you use console reporting the birt reports will also have to be edited to point to the new datasource

• 4. Re: How to install jBPM 5.0 on a JBoss AS
                xdsticker

Thank you for the information. I think I gonna to restore the old state of my AS, change the DB setting before installing jBPM on the AS.

Thank very much

• 5. Re: How to install jBPM 5.0 on a JBoss AS
                  georgeajin

Hi chris,

I followed your instructions and tried to install jbpm5.2 in my GateIn 3.1. But once i ran the command "ant intall.demo" its showing BUILD FAILED .

BUILD FAILED

E:\jbpm-installer\build.xml:289: The following error occurred while executing th

is line:

E:\jbpm-installer\build.xml:370: The following error occurred while executing th

is line:

E:\jbpm-installer\build.xml:437: The specified destination is a directory

This was the message i was getting and my deploy folder of GateIn does not contain jbpm-console.war. Is there anything else i need to perform?

Regards

Ajin