1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 28, 2011 3:14 AM by marc.walter

EOFException while running tests

marc.walter

I'm getting EOFExceptions when I run a simple remote EJB test and I don't know what's wrong.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error launching test arquillian.test.SecurityServiceTest [...]

at org.jboss.arquillian.protocol.servlet.ServletMethodExecutor.invoke(ServletMethodExecutor.java:73)

at org.jboss.arquillian.impl.execution.RemoteTestExecuter.execute(RemoteTestExecuter.java:97)

[...]

Caused by: java.io.EOFException

at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(ObjectInputStream.java:2285)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readShort(ObjectInputStream.java:2754)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:781)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:281)

at org.jboss.arquillian.protocol.servlet.ServletMethodExecutor.execute(ServletMethodExecutor.java:96)

at org.jboss.arquillian.protocol.servlet.ServletMethodExecutor.invoke(ServletMethodExecutor.java:69)

I'm using arquillian-was-remote-7 with WebSphere V7.0.0.11. Maven runs with IBM JDK. The test uses EnterpriseArchive packaging with no web archive, just some EJB classes packaged within addAsModule() and a log4j.jar packaged with addAsLibrary(). The test class has two test methods. One test method (it throws an expected EJBException) is executed sucessfully and the other one leads to the exception stated above.

I have absolutely no idea what's the cause of the problem. Maybe someone has encoutered a similar problem. I have read something about "Kept on getting 404s." in the forum but I do not see this in my logs / console output.