8 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2011 10:04 AM by kurtstam

Cant login in JBoss Enterprise BRMS Platform

starfish15

Hello every1,

I am new to the JBoss Enterprise BRMS Platform. I am trying to login to GUVNOR using the following available through red hat instructions.

• Unzipped the brms-deployable-5.1.0.zip
      • Next unzipped the jboss-brms-manager
      • Placed the jboss-brms.war at D:\JBoss SOA\jboss-soa-p.5.0.0\jboss-as\server\default\deploy\
      • In the properties-service.xml file, added drools.serialization.sign=false at attribute Properties like mentioned below    

<attribute name="Properties">

drools.serialization.sign=false

</attribute>

• Next at D:\JBoss SOA\jboss-soa-p.5.0.0\jboss-as\server\default\deploy\jboss-brms.war\WEB-INF, added the following in components.

<security:role-based-permission-resolver enable-role-based-authorization="true"/>

• Then on a web browser tried hitting http://localhost:8080/jboss-brms/
      • The Login Page asking the User Name and Password came up
      • Tried logging in using admin/admin for both
      • Pop -Up saying incorrect username and password came up.

Yet i am unable to login to the Guvnor. Kindly assist

Regards,

Starfish

• 1. Cant login in JBoss Enterprise BRMS Platform
          starfish15

Is it that no one can solve the above issue??? Something missing from my end??? Kindly assist me with the same at the earliest as this is hampering some extremely IMP as well as URGENT stuff

Any assistance at the earliest will be highly appreciated.

regards,

Starfish

• 2. Cant login in JBoss Enterprise BRMS Platform
            kurtstam

Hi Starfish,

You have landed on the forums for the guvnor project. We do our best to help people, but if you have a support contract for BRMS that this is the wrong place, and you will get a more speedy reply using the contact info in the support agreement.

That said I think you may have forgotten to uncomment the user and roles settings in the configuration. Check the conf/props and open the brms-users.properties and brms-groups.properties files.

Cheers,

--Kurt

• 3. Cant login in JBoss Enterprise BRMS Platform
              starfish15

Hey Kurt,

Thanks for the speedy assistance. I beleive the files that you have mentioned should have been available within the server folder of jboss-as. However, the catch is that i am unable to find the files anywhere within there.

Any assistance with the same will be very very very helpful.

Regards,

Starfish

• 4. Cant login in JBoss Enterprise BRMS Platform
                kurtstam

Hi Starfish,

They should be in jboss-as/server/default/conf/props, where 'default' could be something else if you're not using the default profile.

Cheers,

--Kurt

• 5. Cant login in JBoss Enterprise BRMS Platform
                  starfish15

Hey Kurt,

Thanks for the quick assistance once again. I am using the default server profile. However in the jboss-as/server/default/conf/props location, i was unable to locate both the brms-users.properties and brms-groups.properties files. Here a thing came in my mind. Right now we have been using JBoss AS in jboss-soa-p.5.0.0 version, while the BRMS manager version in use is that of brms-deployable-5.1.0.  Could this version issue cause any issues coz of which am unable to do the needful.

Also if you find that the cause, could you assist me as to where can i locate the matching BRMS version.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Starfish.

• 6. Cant login in JBoss Enterprise BRMS Platform
                    kurtstam

Hi Starfish,

Last time I worked with brms, there was an 'ant install' process which installs brms into the jboss webprofile (this was brms-5.1). May it be that you didn't run the 'ant install', and simply copied over the brms.war to the soa-p-5 platform? If so that would explain why you are missing the necessary changes to the configuration. I strongly recommend going to the official support channels to get this sorted. I'm sure they can explain in a heartbeat what is going on!

Cheers,

--Kurt

• 7. Cant login in JBoss Enterprise BRMS Platform
                      starfish15

Hey Kurt,

Thanks a lot for the assistance. However the thing that required to be taken care of was the soa-roles.properties file at jboss-soa-p.5.0.0\jboss-as\server\default\conf\props

This took care of the same and i am ATLAST able to do the needful now.

Thanks for your assistance once again.

Regards,

Starfish

• 8. Cant login in JBoss Enterprise BRMS Platform
                        kurtstam

Great to hear that you figured it out!