1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2011 8:56 AM by rahulsri

New plugin Installation to JBoss Developer Studio

rahulsri

Hi all,

I have installed the JBoss of version

Version: 4.0.0.GA

Build id: v20110216-1930-H239-GA

Build date: 20110216-1930

I am very new to JBoss and want to know  how to install a plugin properly.please do post whatever, that can help me to shortout this.

Advance thanks to quick and helpful suggestion.

• 1. New plugin Installation to JBoss Developer Studio
          maxandersen

Hi Rahul,

I don't understand what you are asking for ? You installed JBoss Developer Studio 4 and now you want to install more plugins ?

Then you can use Help > Install New Software.

Is that what you are looking for ?

• 2. New plugin Installation to JBoss Developer Studio
            rahulsri

Hi Max,

first of all thanks for reply after more than 30 views.........

Let me tell you I had tried a new plugin installation in Jboss by help->Install New Software as  help->software update->add site in eclipse as i am familiar with it but it does't recognize plugin in given folder. the folder structure is as follow.......

\eclipse

which contains these two folders as..

\eclipse\plugins

\eclipse\features

And i had tried it with droppin folder too..

i genraly put a link file in droppin folder which contain only the path up to the plugin as in case i had done with eclipse...

\eclipse\dropins\plugin.link

but it does't work too....I dont know what extra Jboss is required.... I hope it would be enough to understand you what is the problem..

• 3. New plugin Installation to JBoss Developer Studio
              maxandersen

Your plugins does not exist as an updatesite/archive?

• 4. New plugin Installation to JBoss Developer Studio
                rahulsri

No it is existing there even i had added it to eclipse by both way that i have mentioned above........but same process is not working with Jboss....

is there a specific way to add plugin in Jboss probably.....

• 5. New plugin Installation to JBoss Developer Studio
                  dgolovin

Here is what Snjezana suggested as workaround for this:

To activate dropins reconciling you need to do the following:

- open

studio/configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info

- find the line

org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins,1.1.0.v20100525,plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins_1.1.0.v20100525.jar,4,false

and change it to

org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins,1.1.0.v20100525,plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins_1.1.0.v20100525.jar,4,true

- create the studio/dropins directory and add plugins as is usual

- start JBDS with the -clean option at least once

• 6. New plugin Installation to JBoss Developer Studio
                    rahulsri

Yes it works ..............

thanks a lot Denis...

• 7. New plugin Installation to JBoss Developer Studio
                      rahulsri

Hi Denis,

One more thing that i want to share..

When i uninstall the Jboss once and install it again it is saying that failed to create Java virtual machine...i have tried it to provide jre by specific way too but again it was saying same sense..

one thing i have noticed that the installer was not able to put all subfolder of configurator... I hope that would be crucial to understand what is the real problem....

• 8. New plugin Installation to JBoss Developer Studio
                        rahulsri

i have got what was the error........

just checkout your \JBossInstalationLoc\studio\jbdevstudio.ini

this should contain the following ..........

-startup

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar

--launcher.library

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.1.R36x_v20100810

--launcher.XXMaxPermSize

--launcher.defaultAction

openFile

-vmargs

-Xms512m

-Xmx1024m

-Dosgi.bundles=reference:file:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.0.200.v20100503.jar@1:start

-Dosgi.instance.area.default=@user.home/workspace

• 9. New plugin Installation to JBoss Developer Studio
                          rahulsri

there  should be change in

"–launcher.XXMaxPermSize”. By removing the dafault value 256m, I’m now able to run it.

• 10. New plugin Installation to JBoss Developer Studio
                            rahulsri

Hi All,

there is problem that i am experiencing that Jboss is not detecting my One of plugin....

Lets count for me what could be the responsible lacking for this...

• 11. New plugin Installation to JBoss Developer Studio
                              dgolovin

What JVM is used to launch JBDS?

I need full version from java - version

Something like

desktop:~/Projects/jbds-build-3.2.x/devstudio-trunk/product$ java -version

java version "1.6.0_20"

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.7) (6b20-1.9.7-0ubuntu1)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode)

• 12. New plugin Installation to JBoss Developer Studio
                                rahulsri

hi denis

you are great in coopearating.........

actualy i have added two plugin to Jboss one is working fine and another one could not detected by Jboss..................I have used dropin method to do this...........i just want to count  where the loop holes  might be possible....

• 13. New plugin Installation to JBoss Developer Studio
                                  snjeza

Rahul Srivastava wrote:

hi denis

you are great in coopearating.........

actualy i have added two plugin to Jboss one is working fine and another one could not detected by Jboss..................I have used dropin method to do this...........i just want to count  where the loop holes  might be possible....

There are two possible reasons for the plugin not working after adding it to the dropins directory :

- the plugin isn't compatible with JBDS

- the plugin has some additional requirements that don't exist in JBDS

What plugin and version have you tried to install?

• 14. New plugin Installation to JBoss Developer Studio
                                    rahulsri

Hi Snjezana,

I hope you are the one for whom Danis has disscussed above during telling me solution.......any way thanks for suggestion....

Actualy I am trying to add UML plugin with some additional jar as follow.......

•   org.eclipse.emf.codegen_2.4.0 and its dependent.
                                    •   org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core_1.1.0 and its dependent.
                                    •   org.eclipse.ocl.ecore_1.2.1 and its dependent.
                                    •   org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.activity_0.8.1 and its dependent.  etc

which i have added in eclipse with dropins plugin directory mecanism and it is working fine......but it could not be get identified by jboss.

i hope it would be enough for you to set out the ask.......

Can we some how find out where could be the exact problem i mean to say somewhere like log....

1 2 Previous Next