1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 7, 2011 5:43 AM by jaikiran

Tld not found in jboss 6.0 final

krikorkherberian

Hi, I had an application working in jboss 5. But in jboss 6 i encountered errors.  I have problem with tld's not found.

In JbOSS 5 I didnt have this issue, I wrote  tld folder in same level of web-inf,  not inside it.  When I reference to it on top of jsp page , it finds it in JBOSS 5  ( <%@ taglib uri="/tld/CustomSprinSecTags.tld" prefix="sec" %> ) . Howevr in Jboss 6, page crashes when i open it, saying tld not found.

When I changed this <%@ taglib uri="/tld/CustomSprinSecTags.tld" prefix="sec" %> into  <%@ taglib prefix="sec" uri="http://www.springframework.org/security/tags" %> the page worked again. How can I solve this issue, and make tld's be found

• 1. Re: Tld not found in jboss 6.0 final
          jaikiran

krikor kherberian wrote:

Hi, I had an application working in jboss 5. But in jboss 6 i encountered errors.  I have problem with tld's not found.

In JbOSS 5 I didnt have this issue, I wrote  tld folder in same level of web-inf,  not inside it.

The spec doesn't allow that. JSP spec mandates:

JSP.7.3.1         Identifying Tag Library Descriptors

Tag library descriptor files have names that use the extension .tld, and the extension indicates a tag library descriptor file. When deployed inside a JAR file, the tag library descriptor files must be in the META-INF directory, or a subdirectory of it. When deployed directly into a web application, the tag library descriptor files must always be in the WEB-INF directory, or some subdirectory of it. TLD files should not be placed in /WEB-INF/classes or /WEB-INF/lib, and must not be placed inside /WEB-INF/tags or a subdirectory of it, unless named implicit.tld and intended to configure an implicit tag library with its JSP version and tlib-version.