1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 78 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2012 8:31 PM by tugcem.oral Go to original post
      • 30. Re: Growl
        blabno

Hi Dmitry! I should have name the field different then Surname cause appropriate value there is number from 5 to 10, which you can suspect from attached validator:

<f:validateLongRange minimum="5" maximum="10">

Thanks for feedback:)

• 31. Re: Growl
          jbalunas

Can't imagine RF4 Final without this component.

We too would like to see this component in 4.0 Final.  It is really a matter of timing, and release planning.  I hope to review this more after the holidays.

One thing that will need to be investigated is any copyright, or patents on the name "Growl", and the functionality.  I would bet Apple got a patent on it if they could.

• 32. Re: Growl
            blabno

Jay, I have no idea how to check copyrights and patents. In stead of "growl" we can use "notify" as component name.

• 33. Re: Growl
              jbalunas

Thats no problem Bernard - we can take a look through some channels we have.

Happy New Year!

• 34. Re: Growl
                mechtatel

Does anyone knows why notifyMessages don't appear in Internet Explorer 8 on http://bernard.labno.pl/notify-sample ?

The example http://bernard.labno.pl/growl-sample/pages/growl_1.jsf is working  in IE 8

• 35. Growl
                  blabno

notify and growl are based on different jQuery plugins, that's why one can work with ie8 and the other not.

Unfortunately I do not have that browser, so if anyone would like to dig into the issue I would be thankful.

• 36. Re: Growl
                    mechtatel

Initially I received the "JSON is undefined" error in Internet Explorer 8. After a little searching I found that recently I had installed DivX plugin, disabling this add ons in IE  disappears this error, but notifyMessages still is not shown and there are no errors displayed. Internet Explorer  has some problems with JSON, probably this can be one  reason.

What are the differences between the two JQuery plugins, their versions?

On this link http://http://stackoverflow.com/questions/879137/problem-with-jquery-in-internet-explorer-8 can be found some problems related to InternetExplorer and JQuery before( version 1.4)

Also important point when I add <a:loadScript src="resource://jquery.js"/> to head I receive the next errors:

User agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Fecha: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:58:22 UTC

Mensaje: 'jQuery.pnotify.defaults' is null or not an object

Línea: 3

Carácter: 91

Código: 0

URI: http://localhost/project/a4j/g/3_3_3.Finalorg/richfaces/renderkit/html/scripts/richfaces.notify.js

• 37. Re: Growl
                      blabno

HG, thanks for investigating it. That thread on stackoverflow made me laugh. Well, I'm not going to do a single thing to make it work in IE8 since everybody says it doesn't know the real javascript.

Have you tried those people suggestions about some special header that makes IE8 emulate IE7?

I have no idea why including jquery via a:loadScript messes things up. It shouldn't. It seems that it is loaded below jquery.pnotify.js and thus removes the plugin.

• 38. Re: Growl
                        ilya_shaikovsky
                        Also important point when I add <a:loadScript src="resource://jquery.js"/> to head I receive the next errors:

If you including other version that come with RF itself - conflicts will appear.

• 39. Re: Growl
                          liuliu

hi,

i tried the notify 3.3.3 final in my RF 3.3.3 project. I droped down the jar in web-inf/lib. and add a simple notify in one page like the example.

But The firebug said the RichFaces.notify is not a function.

could you tell me what i have missed ?

thanks in advance

liu

PS : I found the javascript and css is not loaded. but my LoadScriptstategy/org.richfaces.LoadStyleStrategy is all

• 40. Re: Growl
                            blabno

Script and style loading strategy must be set to default.

• 41. Re: Growl
                              liuliu

hi,

it works now.thank you very much. I have some other questions

1 how can i change the text on button all/last?

2 Is it possible hide the message by clicking on the message?

liu

• 42. Re: Growl
                                blabno

Ad 1. You cannot. If you need so I will have to implement such feature.

Ad 2. nonblocking messages cannot be closed. other messages should have closer image in shape of X that would hide the message on clicking the closer.

• 43. Re: Growl
                                  liuliu

hi,

1, it is good for non-spoken english people, even they are simple words.

2, I am satisfy with notify, i think it will be better if i can create the content of notify (add form/input/commandlink etc, like modalpanel).But i dont know if it is too much for a component like notify.

• 44. Re: Growl
                                    liuliu

hi,

I just found the notify need cookie activate. Is there anyway to make it work without cookie?

liu