3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2011 8:30 AM by 1joabasc

Oracle Plugin

1joabasc

Hi all,

could you tell me which one is the last RHQ-Oracle-Plugin? I need to monitor one Oracle 11g instance

Where can I download it from?

Thanks and regards

• 1. Oracle Plugin
          ips

You could download the latest RHQ release from http://www.rhq-project.org/display/RHQ/Download and then grab the oracle plugin jar from RHQ_INSTALL_DIR/jbossas/server/default/deploy/rhq.ear.rej/rhq-downloads/rhq-plugins/rhq-oracle-plugin-4.0.0.Beta2.jar, and copy it into JON_INSTALL_DIR/plugins/. Wait a few minutes for the JON Server to deploy the new plugin, then execute the "plugins update" Agent prompt command from each of your Agents.

• 2. Oracle Plugin
            ips

Oops, I forgot one important detail. The oracle plugin jar that comes with the RHQ distribution does not include the Oracle JDBC driver jar, due to licensing restrictions. In order for the plugin to work, you'll need to download the Oracle JDBC driver from Oracle's web site and copy it into the lib subdirectory within the oracle plugin jar. This will involve extracting the jar, adding lib/ojdbc5.jar to its contents, and then re-jarring the jar.

• 3. Oracle Plugin
              1joabasc

Thank you. Done, it works fine.