5 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2013 7:07 AM by jigg4

rich:select with manual input

nimo22

When selecting via rich:select in "Select with manual input" of the rf-demo page, then only the selected item will be shown, if I click the select-icon again. All items should be shown when re-selecting a item again instead of only that what I selected before. Is the bug reported ?

• 1. rich:select with manual input
          boy18nj

this is not the bug, this is the designed behaviour. clicking the arrow button always takes the hint from the value already selected/written and shows the states which match the selected/written value suggestion.

I guess this component could behave in 2 ways, as you said too.

your suggestion is to combine suggestion box and drop down box. suggestion box only kicks in when writing. drop down box kicks in when clicking arrow button.

how about opening a new feature request jira?

• 2. rich:select with manual input
            ilya_shaikovsky

let's me search through jira. I believe that already reported.

• 3. Re: rich:select with manual input
              ilya_shaikovsky

yup.. here is it.. https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RF-9580

P.S. actually I agree that it should be even default Just missed during design..

• 4. Re: rich:select with manual input
                nimo22
                {quote}your suggestion is to combine suggestion box and drop down box. suggestion box only kicks in when writing. drop down box kicks in when clicking arrow button.{quote}

Yes, exactly. This would be perfect. If a User re-select again, he expects to see all seletable (unfiltered) items and not only this one item which was selected before. It it not intuitive to delete the selection by hand only to view all selectable items again.

{quote}actually I agree that it should be even default{quote}

yes, would be nice.

Thanks!!

• 5. Re: rich:select with manual input
                  jigg4

yes the current behaviour is in fact kinda weird. i would also like to have the suggested one insteada.

will there be any update on this issue soon? since this already over 2 years old.

EDIT: can you tell me the relevent classes where the filtering is done for the manual input?i would like to try to edit it.