1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 22, 2011 10:00 PM by rhauch

Maven 3

rhauch

We've been wanting to convert to Maven 3 for a while, so I recently logged MODE-1096 and have a local branch with all of the changes required to support building with Maven 3. There are actually quite a few changes, but these are limited to the POM files. But, evidently the JBoss IDTrust project (which we use in our test cases as a JAAS implementation) has some deprecated dependencies, so I also switched to PicketBox (the new name for IDTrust), per MODE-880.

At this point, the entire build is running smoothly ... and about 1/3 faster! I've created a pull-request on GitHub to describe my changes, so please review them if you have any interest in doing so.

The big thing to watch out for, however, is that developers will need to install Maven 3.0.1 or 3.0.2. Once I commit these changes, you will not be able to use Maven 2 to build ModeShape. Be sure your path is set up correctly, and you probably will need to set the MAVEN_OPTS environment variable as follows:

-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

I will make sure that the Development Tools page is updated to reflect this, and I will probably create a new document to describe the various Maven commands (which really have stayed the same).

Please feel free to comment here about the changes.