4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2011 9:53 AM by jbalunas

CR1 Code freeze, branch, tagging, staging Status

jbalunas

Hi All,

The tagging, and staging process is going to start soon ( 10-15minutes ).  Consider the /trunk closed until I reopen the branches, and /trunk as described in previous post.

-Jay

• 1. CR1 Code freeze, branch, tagging, staging Status
          jbalunas

Hi All,

The Maven release:branch goal has some bugs in it that effect how it assigns versions for branches, and /trunk for next versions.  I have created the branches 4.0.0.CR1, and 4.0.X as discussed before, but the version for /trunk is not correct.  It is set to 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT, but should be 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.

I am currently attempting to tag, and release CR1, and don't think I'll have time to update the versions today.  The impact should be minimal because of other tasks for 4.0.0.CR1 and 4.0.0.Final.

Branch Status:

• /branches/4.0.0.CR1 will be open for 4.0.0.CR1 respin work if needed and APPROVED in about an hour ( I will post here when it is )
          • /branches/4.0.X is open for 4.0.0.Final work ( only APPROVED updates here ).
          • /trunk will be CLOSED for 4.Next work until the versions are updated.

Thanks

-Jay

• 2. CR1 Code freeze, branch, tagging, staging Status
            jbalunas

The 4.0.0.20110220-CR1 tag has been created, and the release is being deployed as I write. 

The /branches/4.0.0.CR1 is open for 4.0.0.CR1 respin work if needed and APPROVED.

-Jay

• 3. CR1 Code freeze, branch, tagging, staging Status
              jbalunas

I have completed upgrading /trunk to 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.  The builds all passed, but we'll wait to make sure hudson builds run, and other people do not have problems, before officially opening it up for 4.Next work.

-Jay

• 4. CR1 Code freeze, branch, tagging, staging Status
                jbalunas

/trunk is now open to any 4.Next work that is assigned.  At this point it should be limited since we are working hard on getting 4.0.0 out.