1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2011 10:15 AM by veeramuthiah Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Multiple application instances on same server JBoss 4.2.3 4.2.2
        veeramuthiah

The same DS file if I place under "default" directory and start the server it is working fine. Only If I place it under the new folder I created it fails.

The contents of the file are

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<datasources>

<xa-datasource>

<jndi-name>jdbc/globaldb</jndi-name>

<track-connection-by-tx/>

<isSameRM-override-value>false</isSameRM-override-value>

<xa-datasource-class>com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerXADataSource</xa-datasource-class>

<xa-datasource-property name="ServerName">SQLServer\sqlexpress</xa-datasource-property>

<xa-datasource-property name="DatabaseName">DBName</xa-datasource-property>

<xa-datasource-property name="User">username</xa-datasource-property>

<xa-datasource-property name="Password">password</xa-datasource-property>

<xa-datasource-property name="PortNumber">1433</xa-datasource-property>

<metadata>

<type-mapping>MS SQLSERVER2005</type-mapping>

</metadata>

</xa-datasource>

</datasources>

• 16. Multiple application instances on same server JBoss 4.2.3 4.2.2
          peterj

I suspect that there is some difference between C:\jboss-4.2.3.GA\server\deafult and C:\jboss-4.2.3.GA\server\App7. You need to either make a comparison between those directories, or wipe out App7 and copy over 'default' again.

• 17. Multiple application instances on same server JBoss 4.2.3 4.2.2
            veeramuthiah

Thanks Peter. I had removed other applications in the default folder when creating APP7. I copied all applications it is running fine now.

Is there a way to set a different class path each instance?

• 18. Multiple application instances on same server JBoss 4.2.3 4.2.2
              peterj
              Is there a way to set a different class path each instance?

You should not be setting a classpath. Each instance will already get the JAR files from the server/xxx/lib directory, and of course from the JAR files embedded within the apps in the deploy directory.

• 19. Multiple application instances on same server JBoss 4.2.3 4.2.2
                veeramuthiah

Thanks Peter for all your help.

We have some configuration files that needs to be in classpath and will be specific for each instance. I am passing that folder as parameter to run batch file with -C option. Now both the instances are working fine with different configuration files.

1 2 Previous Next