0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2011 8:42 AM by vtech005

using IIS, mod_jk and Isapi redirector

vtech005

Please, i need some explanation on using IIS, MOD_JK AND ISAPI REDIRCTOR

i am using this guide http://community.jboss.org/wiki/UsingModjk12WithJBossAndIIS

I want to configure IIS 6 AND jboss 5.1 and access my .ear file in the default/deploy folder in my jboss 5.1
      via http://192.168.1.2/application_name

I have only acheived this using one system,(Jboss Application +  IIS)

But i need deploy Jboss App in another system and IIS on another system too more like a production environment

workers.property..for IIS AND JBOSS on one system

----------------------------------------------------------------------

# Define list of workers that will be used

# for mapping requests           

worker.list=node1

# Define Node1

worker.node1.port=8009

worker.node1.host=10.101.6.156

worker.node1.type=ajp13

#ping_mode as of mod_jk 1.2.30

worker.node1.ping_mode=A

worker.node1.socket_timeout=10

#

# Define status worker for managing load balance

#

worker.status.type=status

Questions

1. how will my work properties like for this structure (IIS ------->Jboss App Ser)

2.Onmy Jboss server, how do configure jboss App Ser, so that the IIS Servercan recognise it on the LAN and redirect request to it.

3. I want to confirm if i have configured mod_jk in the right way, kindly correct me if it is wrong

Iusedisapi_redirector.dll  version 1.2.30 andmod_jk 1.2.30(mod_jk =this azipped folder containing some files i downloaded itfrom http://olex.openlogic.com/packages/mod_jk  and unzipped it on IISServer Local disk, i hv not used this files b//4 and i dont know how itworks)

This is how is used the Mod_jk folder/files on IIS Server

1. I dropped it on the local disk and createdISAPI_REDIRECT_HOME: Environment variable for it )

2. I dropped isapi_redirector.dll  in this path C:\Jboss_IIS\mod_jk\native\iis\installer\bin  same asthe conf and log file.

3.Createdvirtual directory call jboss_connector and pointeditisapi_redirector.dll in=C:\Jboss_IIS\mod_jk\native\iis\installer\bin

Add ISAPI Filter on it's property.

4. Dropped my worker.properties and urimap.properties to =C:\Jboss_IIS\mod_jk\native\iis\installer\conf

Created registry

------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\1.0]
      @=""
      "extension_uri"="/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll"
      "log_file"="C:\\Jboss_IIS\\mod_jk\\native\\iis\\installer\\log\\isapi_redirect.log"
      "log_level"="debug"
      "worker_file"="C:\\Jboss_IIS\\mod_jk\\native\\iis\\installer\\conf\\workers.properties"
      "worker_mount_file"="C:\\Jboss_IIS\\mod_jk\\native\\iis\\installer\\conf\\uriworkermap.properties"

Please advice.