5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2011 10:01 AM by anil.saldhana

JBoss Negotiation for AS6

dlofthouse

The next release of JBoss Negotiation is needed for AS6, as this release will drop support for JBoss AS 5 would it make sense to bump the version up to 3 to signify this change?

• 1. JBoss Negotiation for AS6
          anil.saldhana

Darran,  question is what major changes happened in Neg to warrant a v3.  You can do 2.1 if you wish....

• 2. JBoss Negotiation for AS6
            dlofthouse

The bigger feature is fallback to FORM authentication is in and the dropping of support for JBoss AS 4 and 5 but calling it a 2.1 could also be sufficient.

True delegation is something coming shortly so maybe that would justify a 3 release.

• 3. JBoss Negotiation for AS6
              anil.saldhana

IMO as and when you have a feature implemented, makes sense to put out a point release.  2.0.4, 2.0.5 

It is better to put the feature out into the community asap for feedback.

The versions we have (2.0.x, 2.1.x, 3.x) means more branch headache.  So think about v3 only if you really want to.

• 4. JBoss Negotiation for AS6
                dlofthouse

If it goes into 2.0.4 I don't really think it is good to drop support for the previous AS versions, this is why I think some change in version is needed. 

Or just modify the authenticator to retain support for both versions is also possible.

• 5. JBoss Negotiation for AS6
                  anil.saldhana

Darran, now that AS6 is out.  People can upgrade 5.1 to 6 if needed.  So base your code now on AS6 if possible.  I think makes sense to do 2.1 with all the changes you are planning.