4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2011 8:39 PM by saurendra

How to Configure the schema name using Teiid designer tool ?

saurendra

Hi,

I am facing some issues while persisting the data, I have created an alternate schema, which has the same objects and

privileges as of my parent schema, but it won't allow us to persists data, the problem is that DB user used to create JNDI data source has accessibility to couple of schema replica of each other .So can any body help me on how to configure the schema name in Teiid designer, in order to persist my data..

Thanks..

• 1. How to Configure the schema name using Teiid designer tool ?
          rareddy

Saurendra,

Let me see if I understand the question right, you have database that has couple different schemas with same table structure. However, using Teiid you only want to access one of those schemas to persist you data to right? if that is case...

When you are importing the metadata from this DB using Designer, on import wizard on the last screen there is option set to import "fully qualified names", when you that it will will qualify the source queries with schema qualifier, thus avoiding any issues. See attached picture.

screen.jpg

If this is not your issue, you need to further explain issue with error you are seeing.

Ramesh..

• 2. How to Configure the schema name using Teiid designer tool ?
            saurendra

Thanks Ramesh, for your suggestion.. but my requirement was that, I have one user which has the visibility to all the schema in the data base, out of which I need to persists the data in one of the schema for Teiid, right. so in this case we need to explicitly tell Teiid to insert the data in a particular schema, but I didn't find any way where to specify the schema name in Teiid designer?

• 3. How to Configure the schema name using Teiid designer tool ?
              rareddy

Saurendra,

When Teiid imports the schema metadata from the database, if you select the "Fully Qualified", then it will automatically retrieve all the information required. If you are manually modeling all the tables then, you need to edit the "Name In Source" property and fully qualify these names in the source.

Ramesh..

• 4. How to Configure the schema name using Teiid designer tool ?
                saurendra

The above solution  worked for me. Thanks Ramesh..