2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2011 1:10 AM by uestc

Is there anyone who can help me

uestc

My system is XP and  installed the vmware soft

the first step ,I have download these 32 bit back-end appliance: ami-5949a530、front-end appliance: ami-2749a54e and management appliance: ami-2741ad4e  vmware file from this site http://www.jboss.org/stormgrind/downloads/cirras/1-0-0-Beta2.html

then, I extract the back-end-1.0-i386-VMware file and copy the back-end-sda file into the 'personal' Directory.

third,I start the vmware soft and start 'back-end' file in  the 'personal' Directory .

then I get the following instructions

'
      Press any key to enter the menu
      Booting back-end(2.6.31.12-174.2.22.fc12.i686) in 1 seconds..'

and then the virtual machine`s screen becomes black and there is nothing on it

I have read the document on the 'CirrAS Documentation' and I also get puzzled by these words in the  section 'Running On VMware/Xen/KVM'

"If your back-end appliance is running on node with 172.16.10.134 IP and front-end appliance has a 172.16.10.133 IP address, edit /etc/sysconfig/jboss-as6 file like this:"

where I could find the file "/etc/sysconfig/jboss-as6 "  I think these are the instructions under redhat/fedora system.is  this means when I start the back -end appliance in the vmware  I could operate in this virtual machine system?

any help will be appreciated

• 1. Is there anyone who can help me
          goldmann

Hi Edwin,

We discountinued support for CirrAS. All our efforts are concentrated currently in SteamCannon project which is a CirrAS-next-gen platform. Please take a look,

Answering your questions:

Press any key to enter the menu

Booting back-end(2.6.31.12-174.2.22.fc12.i686) in 1 seconds..'

and then the virtual machine`s screen becomes black and there is nothing on it

Issue you're describing is related to actual kernel location. If you hit any key and select initrd line and kit 'e' key, please change /boot/initrd to /boot/initramfs. Hit ESC and 'b' to boot – this should help. You need change this for all VM's. Please edit /boot/grub/grub.conf file after you boot the VM to fix this permanently. Sorry for this!

I have read the document on the 'CirrAS Documentation' and I also get puzzled by these words in the  section 'Running On VMware/Xen/KVM'

"If your back-end appliance is running on node with 172.16.10.134 IP and front-end appliance has a 172.16.10.133 IP address, edit /etc/sysconfig/jboss-as6 file like this:"

where I could find the file "/etc/sysconfig/jboss-as6 "  I think these are the instructions under redhat/fedora system.is  this means when I start the back -end appliance in the vmware  I could operate in this virtual machine system?

Provided addresses are example IP's. You need to check your IP using ifconfig or ip command. You need to search for this file in all back-end appliances, but first please fix the kernel issues I described above. After you start this appliance you can log in there using root username and boxgrinder password.

--Marek

• 2. Is there anyone who can help me
            uestc

Issue you're describing is related to actual kernel location. If you hit any key and select initrd line and kit 'e' key, please change /boot/initrd to /boot/initramfs. Hit ESC and 'b' to boot – this should help. You need change this for all VM's. Please edit /boot/grub/grub.conf file after you boot the VM to fix this permanently. Sorry for this!

3Q,and I follow your instructions and successfully run into the virtual machine and edit the boot/grub/grub.conf file  I think you can add this to the document then someone else could fix this simple problem by himself.

at last I appreciate your recommendation about the steamcannon then I will spare some time to learn it .

thanks for your help very much