1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2011 7:07 AM by clsimone Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Logging/monitoring application for BPEL processes
        objectiser

Looks like you have bundled the apache ODE jar in your app, which is being loaded by a separate classloader, and therefore causing the cast exception.

Regards

Gary

• 16. Re: Logging/monitoring application for BPEL processes
          christy

Hi Garry,

thank you for your reply, the problem was that I copied 3 jars from riftsaw.sar/libs to my web-service/libs.

Many thanks,

Kristina

• 17. Re: Logging/monitoring application for BPEL processes
            wdarby

A related, but extremely newbie question. I have to do a lot of message manipulation and composition between the provided service and invoked services. As a debugging aid, it would be extremely valuable to display message contents in the log. I don't see any means in BPEL to perform tracing, but the event logging looked like a viable option. I upgraded to 2.2.0 CR1, added the <process-events generate="all"/> line to my deployment descriptor, and verified that bpel.properties has:

bpel.event.listeners=org.jboss.soa.bpel.console.bpaf.BPAFLogAdapter

However, I don't see the events being traced as my process is invoked. As I understand the ODE event listener documentation, variable modification should be traced with the VariableModificationEvent event. Yet, I do not see this (or any other events) output in my JBoss log file.

Where did I go awry?

Thanks much for any assistance.

- Will

• 18. Re: Logging/monitoring application for BPEL processes
              jeff.yuchang

Add following properties (remove the BPAFLogAdapter) in the bpel.properties, you should be able to see the event on the console.

bpel.event.listeners=org.apache.ode.bpel.common.evt.DebugBpelEventListener
              debugeventlistener.dumpToStdOut=on

bpel.event.listeners=org.apache.ode.bpel.common.evt.DebugBpelEventListener

• 19. Re: Logging/monitoring application for BPEL processes
                wdarby

Thanks Jeff, that did it. I still get some strange behavior. For example each message is displayed on the console twice, and there is no display of the variables being assigned, but this helps a lot.

It turns out I can avoid the duplicates by leaving bpel.event.listeners commented out, and specifying only:

- Will

• 20. Re: Logging/monitoring application for BPEL processes
                  clsimone

Has anyone succeeded to configure ODE or Riftsaw to get tosee a BPEL process flow traces?

Thank you,

Laura

• 21. Re: Logging/monitoring application for BPEL processes
                    mbaluch

Hi Laura,

have you considered using a BpelEventListener? In case you haven't then please have a look at bpel_event_listener sample shipped with Riftsaw.

I hope that's what you seek

Regards

Marek

• 22. Logging/monitoring application for BPEL processes
                      objectiser

As well as what Marek suggested, I was not clear whether you meant the graphical flow diagram for an active process instance?

If so, then currently only active process instances can be viewed in this way, so you need to create a long running process and then view the instance while it is still running.

Regards

Gary

• 23. Logging/monitoring application for BPEL processes
                        clsimone

I'm working now on using the BpelEventListener, maybe I'll get more information.

I didn't mean to have a graphical flow diagram (although would be very nice to have it ), I would just need to see when a Bpel process is invoked which were the activities that were executed and if possible with there variable content.

I know about the possibility to view the running instances, but this doesn't help me very much in debugging a process.

Thank you for the responses,

Laura

• 24. Logging/monitoring application for BPEL processes
                          objectiser

One other option - we are currently enhancing the console support with a few features. One of which is to view the source BPEL events associated with the active and historical process instances.

You may want to download the nightly builds occasionally to view these features and possibly provide feedback.

The main jira is: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RIFTSAW-259

Regards

Gary

• 25. Logging/monitoring application for BPEL processes
                            clsimone

Perfect. Thank you.

Laura

1 2 Previous Next