1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2010 1:59 PM by mkuthan1 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: [JBossAS6] Problem in EL. Method without Argument is fail.
        ssilvert

Marcin Kuthan wrote:

The inline expression elManagedBean.hello() should be equivalent to the <h:outputText value="elManagedBean.hello()"/>. I suppose that <h:outputText .../> also throws an exception (I don't have JBoss runtime to check, now).

Many thanks,

Marcin

Actually, I think the <h:outputText .../> one will probably work!

I'm still confused about what the difference is between Glassfish and JBoss.  They should be running the same code.

Stan

• 16. Re: [JBossAS6] Problem in EL. Method without Argument is fail.
          mkuthan1

Hi Stan

I looked into 2.1 spec (from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javaee/tech/index.html page). I didn't know about specification maintanance release. The corresponding fragments:

A generalized [] operator can be used to access maps, lists, arrays of objects and properties of a
          JavaBeans object, and to invoke methods in a JavaBeans object; the operator can be
          nested arbitrarily. The . operator can be used as a convenient shorthand for
          property access when the property name follows the conventions of Java identifiers,
          but the [] operator allows for more generalized access. Simlarly, . operator can also
          be used to invoke methods, when the method name is known, but the [] operator
          can be used to invoke methods dynamically.

The expression expr-a["identifier-b"](params)denotes a parametered
          method invocation, where params is a comma-separated list of expressions
          denoting the parameters for the method call.

Based on JSF spec <h:outputText /> should not work. The "value" attribute is not mentioned as method expression enabled.

The diferences between JBoss and GF are hard to explain. I assume differences in the libraries versions.

Marcin

1 2 Previous Next