0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2010 5:13 AM by agentalpha

Using Embedded Jboss with Tomcat 6

agentalpha

Hi All,

I'm using WL in productione env to run our application which has few WEB projects, few EJB projects and JAVA/utility projects as a part of the final EAR.

I was using Tomcat on local env till now with some emulators for ejb2 that we wrote.

Now we have upgraded our application to use EJB3 and don't want to spend time in writing EJB3 emulators.

So I thought of using Embedded Jboss for the same.

I read the articles on JBOSS community (http://community.jboss.org/wiki/EmbeddedAndTomcat), but the ways mentioned over there are

1. To put ejb project jar file under WEB-IBF/lib of the web project

2. specify the relative path of the jar (which again should be inside the web-project itself) inside web.xml

3. Do deploy the jar under 

apache-tomcat-5.5.20/common/classes/deploy

What I want to do is to be able to give the path of the ejb project as classpath (which I have already spcified for the web-project) along with the web-project and when the tomcat is started, the Embedded JBOSS should be able to find and load the EJBs from the files/projects specified in the classpath so that I can achieve hot-deployment completely and any changes I make in ejb projects automatically get reflected without restarting the tomcat.

Please advice.