2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2010 5:07 PM by bbarani

Unable to add data source to Teid server instance in Designer

bbarani

Hi,

First I would like to apologize if my question is very basic with respect to Teiid.

Even though I have been using MetaMatrix for years now, I am very very impressed with the capabilities of Teiid and I am trying to utilize its potential in our application.

I was able to successfully setup Teiid designer / server / console and everything seem to work fine.

I was also able to import source models using JDBC import and transform it to view model and created a VDB using that.

Now I am trying to execute this VDB from Teiid designer using Teiid server instance, for that I started to configure Teiid server instance.

I followed the below steps to create Teiid server instance.

Right-click in Teiid view and select “New Teiid Instance

Provide URL: mm://<hostname>:<port1>

• Default for Teiid is “mm://localhost:31443”

Default user-name is “admin

Default password is “admin

Hit finish

Initial Teiid View should contain your new Teiid server instance.

• The Teiid view default contents will include any VDB's deployed to this server instance and any of your specific “workspace” Data Sources.

• Data Sources are the  “JCA-compatible Connection Factory” xml configuration  components required for Teiid to create the necessary connections to query data at run-tim

The server instance in eclipse is not getting conneted to my local Teiid instance and I am not able to deploy my VDB for data validation.

My Teiid instance is running on localhost:8080 (attached the screenshot of my designer and server for your reference).

I just gave mm://localhost:31443 as server ip when creating Teiid server instance. Can you confirm if this IP is correct?

My next question is related to Teiid console, I deployed a VDB generated using MMX using Teiid console (VDB got deployed successfully). Now I would like to change the connection binding settings / source binding information but not sure how to edit the VDB properties using console.

Am I missing any of the Teiid components which are necessary for the above mentioned issues?

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!

Thanks,

Barani

• 1. Re: Unable to add data source to Teid server instance in Designer
              rareddy

I just gave mm://localhost:31443 as server ip when creating Teiid server instance. Can you confirm if this IP is correct?

Try "mms://localhost:31443", also what version of Teiid are you running? We had some issues with 7.1 Designer, but may be you could install a nightly build from here. http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/builds/nightly/trunk/, select a date and components and look for Teiid-designer's zip. Just install that. Designer team will put a next 7.2 milestone build next week, if you want to wait.

My next question is related to Teiid console, I deployed a VDB generated using MMX using Teiid console (VDB got deployed successfully). Now I would like to change the connection binding settings / source binding information but not sure how to edit the VDB properties using console.

Even though the metadata portion of the MMX VDB is compatible, rest of the configuration is not. You can not really fix that using the "admin-console". You need to rebuild the VDB using Teiid Designer and define "translator" aka (connector in MMX) and data source. In Teiid we split the behaviour of connector so that

connector = translator + data source

A translator for a model is configured in the Designer, a data source is JBoss data source, that is defined using "-ds.xml" file in the JBoss AS. There are ways to define a data source from Desinger too.  Right click on the model -> Modeling -> Create Data Source

See this document for some migration tips http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16113

Hope this helps.

Ramesh..

• 2. Re: Unable to add data source to Teid server instance in Designer
                bbarani

Ramesh,

You rock!!!

My issue got resolved after installing the nightly build.

I am able to successfully deploy the VDB to the server from designer.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Thanks,

Barani