6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2010 8:12 AM by bosschaert

Running the examples against AS7

thomas.diesler

The build currently produces

$ mvn -Dtarget.container=jboss700 test

check-config:
           [echo] 
           [echo] Please specify JBoss AS 7 root directory in property 'jboss.home'
           [echo] For example:
           [echo]              -Djboss.home=/clones/jbosgi-as/build/target
           [echo]   

This should not be needed.

Instead the SPI or ARQ should use the ServiceContainer MBean to fire up the Framework service.

All tests, must then examine the framework and install their respective dependencies. In SPI we have the fabulous notion of Capability, which provisions the framework with a capability and takes it off again when the test is done.

• 1. Re: Runing the examples against AS7
          thomas.diesler

Here is the correct list of bundles that should be deployed in AS

arquillian-osgi-bundle.jar.deployed
          jboss-osgi-blueprint.jar.deployed
          jboss-osgi-common-core.jar.deployed
          jboss-osgi-http.jar.deployed
          jboss-osgi-jaxb.jar.deployed
          jboss-osgi-jmx.jar.deployed
          jboss-osgi-reflect.jar.deployed
          jboss-osgi-webapp.jar.deployed
          jboss-osgi-webconsole.jar.deployed
          jboss-osgi-xerces.jar.deployed
          org.apache.felix.configadmin.jar.deployed
          org.apache.felix.eventadmin.jar.deployed
          org.apache.felix.metatype.jar.deployed
          • 2. Re: Runnung the examples against AS7
            bosschaert

Thomas, you are correct, deploying them using JMX would be more elegant.

Currently the test infrastructure uses another API to deploy the bundles - by copying them into the deployment folder before starting AS. Does it really matter that much which deployment API is used to deploy the test bundles?

That property is already set by the hudson jbosgi-remote test jobs as it was used previously for the AS 6 integration.

• 3. Re: Runnung the examples against AS7
              thomas.diesler

I suppose that script can go when we have installer integration. There was no need for hacky scipt like this for any of the target containers we supported in the past.

• 4. Re: Runnung the examples against AS7
                bosschaert

Thomas,

As I mentioned to you before, the script is a temporary thing that does exactly what the installer would do. It is precisely the same logic, except executed from an ant script instead of an izpack configuration. I don't really see why you would call that 'hacky'. It's rather an approach that would give us results quicker as I don't know yet how to configure izpack. Changing the izpack configuration is on my todo list.

• 5. Re: Running the examples against AS7
                  thomas.diesler

I call this "hacky" because it prevents me from runing tests individually and multiple times

mvn -Dtarget.container=jboss700 -Dtest=Foo test

Can I help on IzPack? It should be trivial to do because all but one releases used to have AS integration.

• 6. Re: Running the examples against AS7
                    bosschaert

Thomas Diesler wrote:

I call this "hacky" because it prevents me from runing tests individually and multiple times

mvn -Dtarget.container=jboss700 -Dtest=Foo test

You can run the tests multiple times individually by specifying the -Djboss.home property in addition to the ones you already have in your command line.

Can I help on IzPack? It should be trivial to do because all but one releases used to have AS integration.

Sure, go ahead!