3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2010 6:56 PM by michaelschuetz

Would EasyMock Plugin make sense?

michaelschuetz

Hi to all,

wondering, whether EasyMock plugin would make sense for Arquillian tests. It probably would be a ShrinkWrap issue, though.

Why do I need this: I want to ejb-test one special focus and am not interested to add all referenced classes just because the test needs this.

Thinking of something like the following:

[code]

final JavaArchive ejb = ShrinkWrap.create(JavaArchive.class, "test.jar")

.addClasses(MyService.class, MyServiceBean.class, MyReferenced2ndService.class)
                      .addMockClass(MyReferenced2ndServiceMockBean.class);

[code]

I would expect the test to use mock implementation of  MyReferenced2ndService, than.

This would help keep the test nice and small and test only what I want to test.

What do you think?

Thanks and regards

Michael

• 1. Re: Would EasyMock Plugin make sense?
          michaelschuetz

Or an even more EasyMock like approach:

final JavaArchive ejb = ShrinkWrap.create(JavaArchive.class, "test.jar")

.addClasses(MyService.class, MyServiceBean.class)

.addMock(MyReferenced2ndService.class);

This would add MyReferenced2ndService class and generated mock implementation, additionally. So, this might be even extended, if you like: addStrictMock, addSimpleMock and so on...

Sorry, wiki formatting does not occur like expected.

• 2. Re: Would EasyMock Plugin make sense?
            aslak

Have been playing with the thought in relation to some MC Bean Service mocking.

But can EasyMock generate a complete Mock Class?

I was looking into Mockito at the time, and as far as i found it could only generate a Serialized object of the Mock it self. To be able to get for instance the EJB Container to load it as a bean, we need to have the Mock not as a Object Stream but as a Class. (think javassist, not java Proxy)

• 3. Re: Would EasyMock Plugin make sense?
              michaelschuetz

Hm, ok I see. Yes, EasyMock uses java proxy for generating mock objects.

I'll try to find help finding a mock framework that suits for this usecase.

MockEJB (http://www.mockejb.org) seems to behave like expected but is outdated and does not support EJB3.