3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2010 9:35 AM by yannalbou

bridge and discovery-group in "hornetq-queues.xml" file

yannalbou

Hello,

Is that possible to define bridge and discovery-group in "hornetq-queues.xml" file instead of "hornetq-configuration.xml" file ?

I tried without success but if I declare bridge and discovery-group in "hornetq-configuration.xml" file then it works.

Did I miss something or we can only configured queues and address-setting in "hornetq-queues.xml" file ?

Thanks

Yann.

• 1. Re: bridge and discovery-group in "hornetq-queues.xml" file
          jmesnil

Yann Albou wrote:

Did I miss something or we can only configured queues and address-setting in "hornetq-queues.xml" file ?

You are right.

You can see it this way:

- hornetq-configuration.xml corresponds to the configuration of a server.

- hornetq-queues.xml can configure queues and address settings deployed on many servers.

It makes sense to be able to deploy the same queues on different server.

But a bridge (and a discovery-group) is specific to a server (only it knows what other server it must connect to).

Hope that clarifies a bit the configuration,

jeff

• 2. Re: bridge and discovery-group in "hornetq-queues.xml" file
            yannalbou

thanks.

I understand but if I define the bridge or discovery-group in hornetq-configuration.xml then I have to define queues in that file too otherwise I get exceptions because the queue defined by the bridge is not found.

So that means I cannot use anymore the "hornetq-queues.xml" for that kind of configuration.

I found very practical to have one file for all the common configuration (hornetq-configuration.xml), and another file (hornetq-queues.xml) for the specific configuration...

Does it make sense for you ?

Yann

• 3. Re: bridge and discovery-group in "hornetq-queues.xml" file
              yannalbou

I forgot to add that in my configuration I am in a cluster and the bridge and the discovery-group is the same for each node of my cluster so it is why I wanted to put it in "hornetq-queues.xml"

Yann