3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2010 4:05 AM by bdaw

JBoss EPP 5.0 with Active Directory Integeration

ranman17

I have installed JBOSS Enterprise Portal Platform version 5.0 and configured my instance to MySQL. I believe the user repository is currently stored in MYSQL. Upon doing a Sign-In to the portal (via : http://localhost:8080/portal), I think it uses the data store in Portal/MySQL. I am trying to configure this to an Active Directory to have the users authenticated by the AD source (. While I am trying to configure this, I am encountering several issues and I could not find the appropriate documentation in figuring this out.

Here is what I have done:

1. Filled in the AD credentials in ldap-configuration.xml file at (C:\jboss-epp-5.0\jboss-as\server\default\deploy\gatein.ear\02portal.war\WEB-INF\conf\organization\picketlink-idm\ldap-configuration.xm). I copied this  file from organization\exo directory.

1. Changed the idm-configuration file at : C:\jboss-epp-5.0\jboss-as\server\default\deploy\gatein.ear\02portal.war\WEB-INF\conf\organization:

<component>

<key>org.exoplatform.services.organization.idm.PicketLinkIDMService</key>

<type>org.exoplatform.services.organization.idm.PicketLinkIDMServiceImpl</type>

<init-params>

<value-param>

<name>config</name>

<value>war:/conf/organization/picketlink-idm/ldap-configuration.xml</value>   // Modified this so that it reads the ldap-configuration.xml

<!--<value>war:/conf/organization/picketlink-idm/examples/picketlink-idm-msad-readonly-config.xml</value>-->

</value-param>

1. Restarted the server and the app does not load. Please see the attached log for the errors.

It would be great if  some one can point me the appropriate docs in configuring the AD system. I tried to search this but was able to find the one on the Community platform server (like 2.6.0, etc) and the directory structure and the file names are different with this version.

Here are the error logs:

ava.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot instantiate component key=org.exoplatform.services.organization.idm.PicketLinkIDMService type=org.exoplatform.services.organization.idm.PicketLinkIDMServiceImpl found at jndi:/localhost/portal/WEB-INF/conf/configuration.xml
          at org.exoplatform.container.jmx.MX4JComponentAdapter.getComponentInstance(MX4JComponentAdapter.java:113)
          at org.exoplatform.container.management.ManageableComponentAdapter.getComponentInstance(ManageableComponentAdapter.java:68)
          at org.picocontainer.defaults.DefaultPicoContainer.getInstance(DefaultPicoContainer.java:322)
          at org.picocontainer.defaults.DefaultPicoContainer.getComponentInstancesOfType(DefaultPicoContainer.java:281)
          at org.exoplatform.container.CachingContainer.getComponentInstancesOfType(CachingContainer.java:106)
          at org.picocontainer.defaults.LifecycleVisitor.visitContainer(LifecycleVisitor.java:97)
          at org.picocontainer.defaults.DefaultPicoContainer.accept(DefaultPicoContainer.java:416)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
          at org.picocontainer.defaults.AbstractPicoVisitor.traverse(AbstractPicoVisitor.java:32)
          at org.picocontainer.defaults.LifecycleVisitor.traverse(LifecycleVisitor.java:63)
          at org.picocontainer.defaults.LifecycleVisitor.start(LifecycleVisitor.java:113)
          at org.picocontainer.defaults.DefaultPicoContainer.start(DefaultPicoContainer.java:369)
          at org.exoplatform.container.PortalContainer.start(PortalContainer.java:568)
          at org.exoplatform.container.RootContainer.createPortalContainer(RootContainer.java:332)
          at org.exoplatform.container.RootContainer.registerPortalContainer(RootContainer.java:205)
          at org.exoplatform.portal.application.PortalController.afterInit(PortalController.java:114)

Thanks,