6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2010 10:43 AM by judest

Memory profiling report

judest

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please give me indication regarding what file I should look at to get the AS memory/CPU usage report?

I am using Jboss profiler 2.0.0 beta 5. on JbossAs 5.1. Managed to get the report files produced but don't see where to check memory usage.

Thanks in advance,

Ernest.

• 1. Re: Memory profiling report
          jesper.pedersen

Memory usage requires a JVMTI implementation which is currently a TODO for the 2.x series.

You can use the JBoss Profiler 1.x series to get a memory report.

We are looking for people that wants to help out - so let us know if you want to help out with the JVMTI implementation.

HTH

• 2. Re: Memory profiling report
            judest

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I seem too junior to go for JVM TI. If there's something different I can help with, pls let me know.

• 3. Re: Memory profiling report
              jesper.pedersen

We need people to help out in all areas -- especially with the web UI.

So it is basically a matter of what you find interesting to work on   I can provide starting pointers for all areas, so feel free to ask.

• 4. Re: Memory profiling report
                judest

So point me to the lists. It will be a great pleasure for me to help in whatever way I can.

You can e-mail me if you don't intend to paste the links here.

• 5. Re: Memory profiling report
                  jesper.pedersen

You can check out the developer guide on how to get the source code from

http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossprofiler/branches/JBossProfiler2

If you are interested in helping out with the web ui, then do

ant web

The code is located under

src/main/org/jboss/profiler/client/web/
                  src/main/www/

You can look at the command line client for an example of how the agent should be invoked.

The web ui should basically have the same features as the command line client - so they can probably share a lot of code - the rest is up to the developer

Feel free to start new forum threads about any questions you have with the development.

• 6. Re: Memory profiling report
                    judest

I've checked out the project. I'll be looking at it during the weekend (This is GMT+2 ).

Thank you.