12 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2010 2:42 AM by goldmann

Jeos and Gatein appliance login/pwd and more info

arnab74

I found the  stormgrider appliance downloads but it does not have any info on login & passwords.

Also does the Jeos appliance have jboss installed.

I also could not find any article regarding this.

I would appreciate if someone could give me some more info regarding these.

Thanks and regards

Arnab

• 1. Re: Jeos and Gatein appliance login/pwd and more info
          arnab74

I found the password as boxgrinder in the following article.

http://community.jboss.org/wiki/BoxGrinderApplianceDefinitionFiles

But does the jeos appliance have jboss, if not where can I download a vmware appliance which has only jboss installed?

Thanks and regards

Arnab

• 2. Re: Jeos and Gatein appliance login/pwd and more info
            goldmann

Hi Arnab,

The default password for all our appliances for root user is boxgrinder. The only difference is EC2 where you use public key authorization.

Currently, there is no "JBoss Appliance", although we have CirrAS appliances, where you can find JBoss AS preinstalled on back-end. You can download them and see if it works for you.

But still, there is no "simple" JBoss Appliance. I've filled a task: SFOLIO-10, to create one, feel free to watch it.

--Marek

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Jeos and Gatein appliance login/pwd and more info
              arnab74

Marek hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Please could you let me know the packages installed on cirras frontend, backend and management appliance.

Do you differenciate the frontend and backend as web tier and middle tier with/without database.

Thanks and regards

Arnab

• 4. Re: Jeos and Gatein appliance login/pwd and more info
                arnab74

Marek hi,

It will be nice if you could add mysql/postgresql to the jboss appliance.

Thanks

Arnab

• 5. Re: Jeos and Gatein appliance login/pwd and more info
                  goldmann

Yes, I will add PostgreSQL, see SFOLIO-10.

--Marek

• 6. Re: Jeos and Gatein appliance login/pwd and more info
                    goldmann

Front-end is designed to route requests to back-end. Front-end is simply a load balancer. We're not forcing a database soultuion in CirrAS, you can add what you want to store data.

CirrAS packages are available here.

--Marek

• 7. Re: Jeos and Gatein appliance login/pwd and more info
                      arnab74

Downloaded backend, extracted, copied files in personal to main directory with raw file.

When I start appliance in vmware player, it goes upto 'Booting backend in 0 secs', goes to the next screen but there nothing happens......

Am I doing anything wrong?

Regards

Arnab

• 8. Re: Jeos and Gatein appliance login/pwd and more info
                        goldmann

Hi Arnab,

Arnab Choudhuri wrote:

Downloaded backend, extracted, copied files in personal to main directory with raw file.

When I start appliance in vmware player, it goes upto 'Booting backend in 0 secs', goes to the next screen but there nothing happens......

Am I doing anything wrong?

Regards

Arnab

No, I think you're right, we had some problems with VMware images for CirrAS last time. The problem is wrong path to initramfs in grub.conf, you can fix that easily. Edit grub while booting and change the line:

initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.31.12-174.2.22.fc12.i686.img

to

initrd /boot/initramfs-2.6.31.12-174.2.22.fc12.i686.img

Make sure you edit grub.conf after you boot to permanently fix the issue. Sorry for this inconvenience. New version of CirrAS should be released soon with new packages and many fixes.

--Marek

• 9. Re: Jeos and Gatein appliance login/pwd and more info
                          arnab74

Marek hi, thanks for the reply.

I was able to change grub and it started, it went upto starting agent RHQ and then some info came up which I'm sending from boot.log as attachment and I think failed.

It took me to login and after I logged in with root/boxgrinder it showed me Appliance name, hostname and ip address but when I go on browser to that ip address, it shows page can not be found.

Regards

Arnab

• 10. Re: Jeos and Gatein appliance login/pwd and more info
                            goldmann

Arnab Choudhuri wrote:

Marek hi, thanks for the reply.

I was able to change grub and it started, it went upto starting agent RHQ and then some info came up which I'm sending from boot.log as attachment and I think failed.

It didn't failed – it's a cirras-management bug which tries to start that management twice and because the PID file exists it fails. But the cirras-management is running (check ps ax | grep thin).

It took me to login and after I logged in with root/boxgrinder it showed me Appliance name, hostname and ip address but when I go on browser to that ip address, it shows page can not be found.

JBoss AS 6 runs on port 8080, not 80.

--Marek

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: Jeos and Gatein appliance login/pwd and more info
                              arnab74

Marek , Thanks

I was able to view the page and go to JBoss AS Admin console, what is the username and password here?

Next I will try to deploy nodeinfo.war.

What are the steps here?

First how do I copy the file to the vm, do I use shared folders or is there another way(host m/c:win7). I think it will be great if you could add webmin to the jboss appliance.

Is the folder to deploy : /opt/jboss-as6/server/group/deploy/

Once I copy, I should be able to view the app at http://ip_addr:8080/node-info/

Regards

Arnab

• 12. Re: Jeos and Gatein appliance login/pwd and more info
                                goldmann

Arnab Choudhuri wrote:

Marek , Thanks

I was able to view the page and go to JBoss AS Admin console, what is the username and password here?

It should be admin/admin IIRC.

Next I will try to deploy nodeinfo.war.

What are the steps here?

First how do I copy the file to the vm, do I use shared folders or is there another way(host m/c:win7). I think it will be great if you could add webmin to the jboss appliance.

Is the folder to deploy : /opt/jboss-as6/server/group/deploy/

Yu can do this by copying the node-info war there, I use wget for that:

wget http://repo.oddthesis.org/node-info/node-info.war

You can also deploy using admin-console.

Once I copy, I should be able to view the app at http://ip_addr:8080/node-info/

Yes!

--Marek