2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2010 8:45 AM by ab.jeevagunta

Programmatic way of creating VDBs

ab.jeevagunta

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to create a VDB through java program without using teiid designer. We have a web application where users would like to create VDB by filling the form, generate VDB and deploy it at runtime. While we are able to deploy VDB at runtime through Admin API, we would like to do the same for generating the VDBs. If there is already a way to achieve this programmatically or any alternatives, kindly guide us to some starting point.  Thank you very much in advance.

Thanks,

Abraham

• 1. Re: Programmatic way of creating VDBs
          blafond

Abraham,

I was going to point you to Teiid's thread on Dynamic VDB's, but you've already been there....

The VDB editing framework, which you are using in 7.0, is not currently exposed in any other way, but it could be. Designer 7.1 will contain additional programmatic logic to re-implement Preview Data functionality and it builds on the framework, but again, does not expose what you need.

Please enter a JIRA feature request including as much of your use-case as possible.

Barry LaFond

Teiid Designer Project

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Programmatic way of creating VDBs
            ab.jeevagunta

Thank you Barry for the helpful information. As I have requested in a different thread, what I have asked here would be addressed if Admin API's addVDB can be used to deploy dynamic VDB (except for ldap type as per my knowledge). I will wait for the confirmation on the other thread (https://community.jboss.org/message/552440#552440).

Thanks,
            Abraham