1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 129 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 2:30 AM by blabno Go to original post
      • 30. Re: Schedule
        blabno

Hi,

Server is up and running. It is not available via web browser. You need some program like TortoiseSVN which supports svn:// protocol.

It's great that you want to test it. I'm looking forward for your feedback.

Right now, i'm migrating my components to RF4.

• 31. Re: Schedule
          quinindiola

Oh, it's a pity.

I'm trying to download the source  code but I cannot reach the 3690 port (standard svn:// port )  on your  host ( bernard.labno.pl ) with a " telnet bernard.labno.pl 3690 " from a  windows machine.

Any of you folks can download the  code? Bernard, could you please attach the source code in a zip file on  the forum?

Meanwhile I was playing around with the  latest component version you uploaded to this thread and it's almost  perfect !!

Just one thing . How can I avoid task  overlapping on resizing or moving ? . I tried it with the previous  version but JS handlers do not receive params. I think you solved this  on the latest version so now handlers can check task overlapping with  Fullcalendar JS API and return a false value so change is undone.

Best wishes !!

• 32. Re: Schedule
            blabno

Here goes lates stuff for people who cannot reach my SVN.

It is for RF 3.3.3-Final.

p.s. Quinin, i've asked my friend from UK to checkout from my server, and he succeeded.

• 33. Re: Schedule
              jbalunas

Right now, i'm migrating my components to RF4.

That is Awesome!!  Please let us know any new issues you run into, or changes you think would make the CDK, or process easier to follow.

Also, if you are interested I should be able to open up the ui-sandbox area in 4.0 area for commits.  This way you can have everything in the main RF svn, and will be available to all.

• 34. Re: Schedule
                blabno

Jay,

I'm writing about issues and questions that arise during migration to RF4 in CDK4 Guide. Summary of my findings is in google doc linked from that thread. Commit access to ui-sandbox would be great. Thanks!

• 35. Re: Schedule
                  jbalunas

I'm writing about issues and questions that arise during migration to RF4 in CDK4 Guide. Summary of my findings is in google doc linked from that thread.

Yup, I seen it, and think that is great.  One thing we need to M1 is a updated CDK4 tutorial and wiki.  I think could certainly be part of it.

Commit access to ui-sandbox would be great. Thanks!

We already have your contributor agreement, so that is good.  We'll discuss at the team meeting today, and I'll see about updating the svn access.

Can you send me an email ( it should be available out there in the either) , just so we have contact info, and can discuss more. 

• 36. Re: Schedule
                    blabno

Hi ! Migration to rf4 is 99% complete. I have following issues:

1. If value attribute is of type Object then binding does not work.
                    2. ajaxContext.getResponseDataMap().put("_ajax:scheduleData",..) does not work; no data is returned in ajax response, thus component does not work in ajax mode
                    3. I don't know how to generate listener tags.
                    4. callback on ajax request completition seems now expected to be javascript function body (string) in stead of function object
                    5. @ResourceDependency(name = "org.richfaces.renderkit.html.scripts.ScheduleMessages", target = "head") does not work, but <h:outputScript name="org.richfaces.renderkit.html.scripts.ScheduleMessages" target="head"/> does!

Ad.1. As for now I've temporarily changed "value" attribute's type to DataModel (which in long term is unacceptable).

Ad.2. I use UISchedule.setData instead of ajaxContext.getResponseDataMap..., which kills ability to fetch users data (user cannot bind data="#{myBean.someData}" which is a regression). Probably Nick will have an idea on how to do it right.

Ad.3. I had to modify richfaces.js (somewhere around line 521) createEventHandler.

Btw, I've had to also modify template for generating UI class (plugins\generator) so that bindings can return null without NPE (i.e Boolean attribute).

Message was edited by: Bernard Labno

• 37. Re: Schedule
                      lisadesouza89

I was able to check out your code, but unable to compile it. For someone not familiar with Maven, how would I run your code in an IDE like Netbeans?

• 38. Re: Schedule
                        blabno

NetBeans has support for maven projects. Just Open Project from main menu and point to directory with schedule. Then you just build project by selecting "Build" item from context menu after right-clicking on a project in project browser.

Why exactly you cannot compile it?

• 39. Re: Schedule
                          lisadesouza89

Actually when I try to load either schedule-sample or schedule from the folder I checked out of SVN, it shows "Badly formed Maven Project" in Netbeans. Also, since both projects have dependencies, it also gives compile errors related to Missing Parent POM for richfaces-ui-sandbox.

• 40. Re: Schedule
                            blabno

"Badly formed Maven Project" is shown because Netbeans cannot find all the required parts in your local repo. You have to build other stuff too.

Try building richfaces-3.3.3.Final/sandbox/pom.xml (this in turn may require building other stuff which is shipped with richfaces sources.

Right click on badly formed project and select "Show and resolve problems.." and you will see what is missing.

• 41. Re: Generated TagHandler: method expression with params must return void?
                              blabno

I want to have listener bound to schedule attribute "itemMoveListener" that accepts event as param and returns Boolean.

Current TagHandler generator does not allow that. It checks if return type is different then void and if so then it skips params, which results in this:

if ("itemMoveListener".equals(name)) {
                                                  return new MethodMetadata(attribute) {
                                                      public void applyMetadata(FaceletContext ctx, Object instance) {
                                                          ((UISchedule) instance).setItemMoveListener(getMethodExpression(ctx));
                                                      }
                                                  };
                                              }
                              Instead of this:
                                             if ("itemMoveListener".equals(name)) {
                                                  return new MethodMetadata(attribute, ScheduleItemResizeEvent.class) {
                                                      public void applyMetadata(FaceletContext ctx, Object instance) {
                                                          ((UISchedule) instance).setItemMoveListener(getMethodExpression(ctx));
                                                      }
                                                  };
                                              }
                              What I want was possible in 3.3.3-Final and I still can do it if I write handler by myself, but then, what do we have generator for?
                              BTW. Component has been migrated to 4.0 and imported into https://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/richfaces/root/ui-sandbox/schedule/trunk/
                              It requires applying several patches, which I hope will make into trunk.

Message was edited by: Bernard Labno

• 42. Re: Schedule
                                elfrasco

Hi Bernard:

First, great job!

I'm trying to build the schedule-sample with Maven2, but I can't find this dependency:

<dependency>
                                   <groupId>org.richfaces.sandbox.ui</groupId>
                                   <artifactId>notify</artifactId>
                                   <version>${project.version}</version>

</dependency>

For the 3.3.3.Final version.

I've executed the "mvn install" command in the parent's proyect, but I can't find this jar in any repository. I would like to test this component and understand the sample because I need something similar for a project I'm working.

Thanks!

• 43. Re: Schedule
                                  nbelaevski

Bernard, Adrian,

I've fixed some problems with sandbox/ui build (the recent build system restructuring is likely to cause that). It should be building ok now - and sorry for inconvenience.

• 44. Re: Schedule
                                    blabno

Adrian,

notify is my other component that can be fetched from my svn repository.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next