1 2 3 4 Previous Next 78 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2012 8:31 PM by tugcem.oral Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Growl
        blabno

Have you seen Pines Notify? It has tremendous number of features. Also on jQuery. What do you think about adopting it instead of current widget?

It uses jquery ui theming. Will richfaces allow that, or you want your own CSS?

I've lust learned about border-radius CSS property and it's equivalents for mozilla and webkit. I think it is not supported by IE yet, but, hey, jQuery doesn't care about that either. Should we abandon background image with curved corners?

This would make theming easier.

• 16. Re: Growl
          ilya_shaikovsky
          It uses jquery ui theming. Will richfaces allow that, or you want your own CSS?
          As for me - it sould be our skinning mechanism. It doesn't looks good at all to use different theing mechanisms across the library.

I think it is not supported by IE yet, but, hey, jQuery doesn't care about that either. Should we abandon background image with curved corners?

This would make theming easier.

We should care about all the customers which clients mostly specifies IE as one of the main supported browser. So that's also looks like not a good way.

And support of rounded corners at all - looks very questionable. All the components in library should be consistent from UI point of view, and no more components planned to be designed with rounded corners for now.

• 17. Re: Growl
            blabno

I've implemented another component with the same functionality basing on "pines notify" plugin to jQuery.

Check out http://bernard.labno.pl/notify-sample

Source code is available at http://bernard.labno.pl/svn/richfaces

It has some extra features like two dimensional message stacking and history.

I think that it requires several heavy modifications, so it will not be as easily itegratable as fullcalendar for schedule (we can grab newest release from fullcalendar's site an package it in schedule and everything works).

• 18. Re: Growl
              specialagent

Hey Bernard,

wow this demo site rocks. I prefer pnotify also!

Does your implementation works with Richfaces 3.3.3 except of the newer jquery version?

Thx

• 19. Re: Growl
                blabno

Hi Martin,

Thank you for precious feedback. Every component developer needs community's feedback.

As for now if you place only notify component on your page then it will work, cause jQuery 1.4 will be loaded. But if you use on the same page another component from RF library that needs jQuery then both scripts (jQuery 1.3.2 and 1.4) will be loaded in unpredicted order, so plugins loaded with one of them will not be available in the one loaded later.

However, this week I will work on this component to make it work with jQuery 1.3.2 so it could be used together with other components.

Please push on this topic, so I have motivation to finish it on time .

• 20. Re: Growl
                  blabno

Well, it's done:)

rich:notify works now with jQuery 1.3.2 and thus with the entire RF 3.3.3 library.

• 21. Re: Growl
                    jbalunas

Awesome work Bernard!!  WE are flat out getting M5 out, and I know that we owe you a review, and update on this. 

Personally - time permitting - I'd like to see your growl component in 4.0.0. 

• 22. Re: Growl
                      specialagent

Hi Bernard,

i tried it in my project and it worked out-of-the-box. Great work. What Im missing is the ability to use it with facesMessage as an enhancement for rich:messages. I'd like to show up "stacked" messages from my backend through standard JSF methods. Is there a way you could think of implementation?

Thank you for your work, hope it will get into Richfaces 4

Martin.

• 23. Re: Growl
                        blabno
                        What Im missing is the ability to use it with facesMessage as an enhancement for rich:messages.

I do not understand this sentence.

rich:notifyMessages component is exactly the same as rich:messages, so faces messages go straight there.

rich:notify displays single notification from whatever data you wish. So you may put it inside some iterating component like a4j:repeat or ui:repeat.

• 24. Re: Growl
                          specialagent

Well... you did understand! rich:notifyMessages is exact the functionality I was searching for. Well, if Im using this tag I always get a notify

Default stack Details of the message. This notify box does not behave like the others when Im switching the appear effect (using bounce for appear and drop for hide).
                          The other issue is, that messages overlap.
                          • 25. Re: Growl
                            blabno

If you get "Default stack Details of the message." then most probably you have another notify in your code. Show me your full facelet source.

• 26. Re: Growl
                              specialagent

ok, you were right... I did not see my own test code... default notify went away...

• 27. Re: Growl
                                blabno

In repo you still have that static notify:notify. Btw, since when pnotify supports "bounce" effect? I don't see it on their demo site.

• 28. Re: Growl
                                  specialagent

I just played a bit around with the effects of jquery ui plugin... bounce will work...

• 29. Re: Growl
                                    zeppelinux

http://bernard.labno.pl/notify-sample/notify.jsf (Sample 1) returns growl box with error: "j_id11:surname: Validation  Error: Value is not of the correct type.", but example 2 shows plain  kick ass functionality, beautiful work Bernard!

Can't imagine RF4 Final without this component.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next