michaelschuetz

Hi all,

we published our latest post about JSFUnit:

"How to test an EAR based JSF application using JSFUnit"

http://tinyurl.com/JsfUnit

What do you think about this?

Thanks for your feedback.

Michael

• 1. Re: blogpost on "How to test an EAR based JSF application using JSFUnit"
          ssilvert

Thanks for documenting that Michael.  Indeed, EAR-based JSFUnit is more complicated than it should be.  I too would like to see overlays in the maven-ear-plugin.  That would help a lot.

There are a couple of other options to consider.  If you use the JSFUnitWithASMicrocontainerthen you don't need to make any changes to the EAR for testing.  You just use your normal EAR and let the deployer add JSFUnit and your test classes at deploy time.  As far as I know, this only works on JBoss AS5.  I'll need to update it for AS6.

If you are running on a Servlet 3.0 container such as JBoss AS6, you can use the Using JSFUnit with Servlet 3.0.  While it's not an automated solution, it does come in handy during development.

As for Arquillian, there has been a proof of concept for integration between that and JSFUnit.  My current plan is to investigate that further and see where it takes us.  But I won't be able to work on that for awhile so I would love your feedback.  If you do decide to look into it I can put you in touch with the Arquillian developer who did the proof of concept.

Stan

• 2. Re: blogpost on "How to test an EAR based JSF application using JSFUnit"
            michaelschuetz

Hi Stan,

thank you very much for your reply and your feedback.

Both the JSFUnit Deployer  and the JSFUnit Console  look very useful and could help to simplify JSFUnit tests.  Unfortunately, both options are not available for us as we are still  using JBoss 4.x. Obviously, we missed to clarify this point in the post.

As I am really interested in combining JSFUnit and Arquillian I'm in contact with Arquillian developers already.

Thanks again and regards

Michael