2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2010 12:19 PM by faustodelatog

Transaction is not active exception

green804

Hi,

Sorry about the double post. I didn't know if I should post here or in the EJB3 section.

I'm new to using EJB3 and RMI. I am using annotations. We recently launched our application in production, and the user login and registration is hanging. We did not see these issues in dev or testing. We have a tomcat app that talks to the JBoss app using RMI. We are using Jboss clustered in production.

I'm hoping someone can help answer the following:
      1. What might be causing an error like this? What does the error mean?
      2. Could the JBoss clustering be the source of this problem? I saw something about adding @cluster to the bean. Do I need this?
      3. Is there a configuration in JBoss that we need to set to fix this problem?

I've included the stack trace below.

[ERROR] [2008-06-13 00:18:59,567] Servlet.service() for servlet ULRServlet threw exception
      java.lang.IllegalStateException: [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.inactive] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.inactive] The transaction is not active!
      at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.TransactionImple.commitAndDisassociate(TransactionImple.java:1372)
      at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.BaseTransaction.commit(BaseTransaction.java:135)
      at com.arjuna.ats.jbossatx.BaseTransactionManagerDelegate.commit(BaseTransactionManagerDelegate.java:87)
      at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.endTransaction(TxPolicy.java:175)
      at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.invokeInOurTx(TxPolicy.java:87)
      at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxInterceptor$Required.invoke(TxInterceptor.java:191)
      at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
      at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPropagationInterceptor.invoke(TxPropagationInterceptor.java:76)
      at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessInstanceInterceptor.java:62)
      at org.jboss.aspects.security.AuthenticationInterceptor.invoke(AuthenticationInterceptor.java:77)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.security.Ejb3AuthenticationInterceptor.invoke(Ejb3AuthenticationInterceptor.java:106)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.ENCPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ENCPropagationInterceptor.java:46)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.asynchronous.AsynchronousInterceptor.invoke(AsynchronousInterceptor.java:106)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessContainer.dynamicInvoke(StatelessContainer.java:278)
      at org.jboss.aop.Dispatcher.invoke(Dispatcher.java:106)
      at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.AOPRemotingInvocationHandler.invoke(AOPRemotingInvocationHandler.java:82)
      at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:734)
      at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:560)
      at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:383)
      at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:165)
      at org.jboss.remoting.MicroRemoteClientInvoker.invoke(MicroRemoteClientInvoker.java:163)
      at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:1550)
      at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:530)
      at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.InvokeRemoteInterceptor.invoke(InvokeRemoteInterceptor.java:62)
      at org.jboss.aspects.tx.ClientTxPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ClientTxPropagationInterceptor.java:61)
      at org.jboss.aspects.security.SecurityClientInterceptor.invoke(SecurityClientInterceptor.java:53)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.remoting.IsLocalInterceptor.invoke(IsLocalInterceptor.java:72)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessRemoteProxy.invoke(StatelessRemoteProxy.java:103)
      at $Proxy96.getUserData(Unknown Source)

I would appreciate any help on this. I'm trying to go on vacation, but I need this issue resolved. :)